Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Updated April 8, 2015
60 reviews filtered by
2.1
CEO

Pros
  • The people are great, really sincere about helping customers (in 3 reviews)

• Creative people, sharing memories with customers, amazing artwork (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Super low pay, no where near enough hours in payroll, Every week we were moving merchandise around for sales (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay, Rich mean customers that think they own you and you are on commission, Bad management, 12-4 am truck deliveries (in 3 reviews)

1. Versatile, fun hearted group of people, creative company

Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant in Coppell, TX

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great employee 401k match/some travel/perfect world for a true merchandiser

Cons

progress of growing your career is limited by your completion of college

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees, encourage them to explore their talents more in the field

2. Lead Sales Associate

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If your desire is to become Assistant mgr. Show some initiative & they'll make it happen..... If your like-able.

Cons

Pay is very low, for the level of expectations. Learning the custom framing aspect of the job is not as easy as it may seem. Revolving door of associates.

Advice to Management

Although it is retail, better screen employees.

3. Hard Work, High Expectations, Low Pay

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership possibilities are easy to acquire because basically everyone that works for the company is expected to be participatory in some level of management. Working with art is great and the employee discount is awesome if you're an artist.

Cons

TIme off policies are limited and based on staffing. Your pay is not great based on how hard you have to work. Business strategy is mainly "sell, sell, sell" with no thought as to how you're supposed to get customers in the door.

Advice to Management

Training is flawed. Favoritism in the company is needlessly high. Delivery times are unrealistic and shouldn't take away from sales hours.

5. Working for this company may force you to move back in with your parents.

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (more than 5 years)

Pros

You meet interesting people and get to work in a creative environment. 30% employee discount. A good first job, if you are willing to work very hard.

Cons

The hourly pay does not reflect the amount of training and experience you need to excel at the job. The company treats even their long term employees as expendable. No tangible incentives are given for meeting and/or exceeding sales goals.

Advice to Management

Pay your people better. People don't want cookies - they want cold hard cash! And not only if you are at a store that is beating comp sales. How about giving every single employee a slice of that big bonus your people at the top are making? A commission on each sale would ensure that everybody is interested in making that sale.
    Streamline operations on every level and reduce the daily task load, so your employees can give more attention to generating sales.

6. Unenlightened. Feudal, even.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The discount on the merchandise was the only benefit.

Cons

Please refer to the other reviews. The information provided about Aaron Brothers' shortcomings in operation and policy is striking in its accuracy, both across reviews and in my own experience. If I had read beforehand what other employees had to say about Aaron Brothers, I would not have interviewed with the company. Much less accepted an offer of employment.

Advice to Management

Advice would be about as well-received as employee ideas. Which is to say, not at all.

7. Change Upper Management if You Want a Better Change

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate; Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate; Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers were always what made my job a lot easier. If they were working as i was, it made the day and task easier. The artwork that also came in day to day was breath taking, especially being it my first job i got to see a lot of beautiful pieces all the time.

Cons

management was the biggest downfall; the second manager i had made it seem that you had to be her favorite just to be on her good side which nobody should ever have to deal with. because her favorites would get all the hours for the week (no matter the availability you had) and they never had to work a truck in their life. out being there for 3 years i didn't do truck for about 2 months. my first manager made sure everyone blended well together and was a well oiled machine when he wasn't there. training is horrible if given by a horrible manager.

Advice to Management

the employees are a reflection of the management style; don't fire the employees who don't make the numbers. look at the hours they are given and how the sales are as a store. managers should be held as equally if not more responsible than the employees. especially when we don't get the bonuses if we get comp positive for making that effort to stay that way.

8. Meh

Current Employee - Certified Custom Framer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Custom Framer in San Jose, CA

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

Poor compensation for rather difficult work

Stingy...takes advantage of employees

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Pros

You get to work with cool, creative people -- people that like art. Everyone in the store feels like family.

Cons

You can work there for over ten years, be full time, and still not get paid enough to rent a studio apartment. It is very disheartening to know this -- and seems very WalMart-esque. I wish there was a way to stand up for the long term employees.

Advice to Management

Respect your long-term employees. Consider the cost of living -- and don't treat them like they are fools for liking your company. Pay them a livable wage.

10. I was looking forward to working here and was very disappointed.

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

Pros

The manager and the employees were really cool and friendly. Everyone seems to enjoy what they're doing and the discount was great.

Cons

I got the job as a seasonal part time sales associate in the beginning of October. I didn't train until November, and to this day (December 5) still haven't actually worked a real shift. I've only done the truck shipments that all the employees are required to go to every other Tuesday. My manager says it's because the store hasn't gotten busy enough to be able to have seasonal employees working. I've only worked about 12 hours in the 2 months I've worked there. My manager is very unprofessional at times, always complaining about her personal life and making excuses for why she can't work. She hired 3 seasonal employees without even knowing if it would be busy enough to have 3 extra people.

Advice to Management

Train your managers a little better..

Need a place for breaks and lunch.

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing part-time

Pros

The people are great, really sincere about helping customers.

Cons

No chairs for breaks...plumbing doesn't work.

Advice to Management

There is no lunch or break area...only one chair in the closet-sized manager's office which has to be unlocked. There are plumbing problems.