Aaron's

Aaron's Reviews in Cleveland, OH

2.7

Aaron's President & CEO Ronald W. Allen
Ronald W. Allen

Pros
  • Excellent opportunities for advancement (in 9 reviews)

• Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long Hours 8am-9pm most days, Tough to balance a healthy home life (in 46 reviews)

• A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Difficult Job for the Underdog

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sundays off- great vacation benefits- you get to meet a lot of people from all walks of life. From football players to out of work grocers, there is no limit to who may walk through your doors.

Cons

The hours are terrible. Not enough pay for the amount of work required. The higher up people (GM and above) are quick to stab people in the back. There is no loyalty in this company whatsoever. They talk a lot about building relationships and working with people and all that, but this does not in any way apply to the employees. Anyone lower than a GM is viewed as disposable and this view is always made abundantly clear. I was denied a raise a few months ago because "it wasnt in the budget", but the person I had to train to replace me when I transferred stores was brought in at a dollar more and hour than I was. The pay is not worth the extreme stresses that both your body and mind are put through every day.

If you continue to undervalue your employees, you will eventually end up like Wal Mart where everyone in the world hates you. You may, for a time, remain extremely profitable, but this will eventually fall apart.