Aaron's

www.aarons.com

Aaron's Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Aaron's President & CEO Ronald W. Allen

Ronald W. Allen

Pros
  • Opportunity for advancement, good compensation, benefits(in 8 reviews)

• Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • very long hours if your numbers are not in line(in 37 reviews)

• A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible(in 11 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Difficult Job for the Underdog

Manager Trainee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsSundays off- great vacation benefits- you get to meet a lot of people from all walks of life. From football players to out of work grocers, there is no limit to who may walk through your doors.

ConsThe hours are terrible. Not enough pay for the amount of work required. The higher up people (GM and above) are quick to stab people in the back. There is no loyalty in this company whatsoever. They talk a lot about building relationships and working with people and all that, but this does not in any way apply to the employees. Anyone lower than a GM is viewed as disposable and this view is always made abundantly clear. I was denied a raise a few months ago because "it wasnt in the budget", but the person I had to train to replace me when I transferred stores was brought in at a dollar more and hour than I was. The pay is not worth the extreme stresses that both your body and mind are put through every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you continue to undervalue your employees, you will eventually end up like Wal Mart where everyone in the world hates you. You may, for a time, remain extremely profitable, but this will eventually fall apart.

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!