Aaron's

Aaron's Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Aaron's President & CEO Ronald W. Allen

Ronald W. Allen

Pros:
  • "Opportunity for advancement, good compensation, benefits"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "long hours,crappy management, lots of tedious manual lifting"
    in 32 reviews
  • "A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Employment

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsIns. and bonus are good

ConsHired one day could not pass physical test and let go that day due to a disability

Advice to Senior ManagementBe kind

Great experience

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity, compensation, and benefits, hours, employees.

ConsWorkload, upper management, lack of flexibility.

QUICK PROMOTIONS, LITTLE HELP

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're good at what you'll do, you'll move up very quickly. The opportunities are there.

ConsThere are no raises with promotions until you become a GM. Very little support. It's either sink or swim at every level.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your people some support.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experience varies from store to store

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people at my store were very nice and regularly met with franchise leaders.

Conshours and pay, depending on store though

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more merit based wage increases for non sales employees

good for most

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Daytona Beach, FL

Prosgood at times but do not med issues

Conslong hours and little help

Advice to Senior Managementnonoe

Stay Away.

Manager Trainee (Current Employee)

ProsSunday's Off...I really don't have any other pro's

ConsDuring my time at Aaron's I have noticed that management doesn't know how to run this company. There are way to many policy changes coming from multiple directions to keep up with. The hours worked compared to pay is very low because there are other jobs that pay the same and you work less hours. If you are single and want to work without the enjoyment of having a life this place is a perfect fit, otherwise stay away.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the GM's run the stores and eliminate commands down to one person. Also realize that every store isn't exactly the same and run each store store according to their region.

Wages were not enough for the amount of work.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers were friendly and off every Sunday

ConsThere was only one person selling the products and doing the marketing on a regular basis and it was the person who was paid the least in the store. If not for that one person they wouldn't have had customers. It was sleasy work, usually convincing people to buy things that you knew you were going take back in a few months because the amount of interest on leasing these items was far too much and most did not have the education to know better. Simply taking advantage of people all day everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to better explain what will happen if they are unable to pay, not just sit down and spit out number at people. Higher commission should be paid, $3 dollars for your $3000 merchandise is not work the hassle of 2 hours of work.

Overall awful experience working here

Product Technician (Current Employee)
    Price, UT

ProsIn my franchise the benefits were decent. Insurance was not horribly priced but could have been cheaper or covered more for the cost. Vacation time was generous. I get paid on time now that our payroll system is largely automatic

ConsLike the title suggests, it is an overall awful experience here. As a product technician, the work is hard. I have injured myself so many times fitting things into places they had no business being in. The customers did not seem to care that I hurt myself. They just want their stuff. Only to return it two months later. Likewise for management, I did not get the feeling that it mattered I injured myself. It was an annoyance to them.

The scheduling needs to be improved. Management does not consider travel time for deliveries and seems to have a preconceived notion of how long something should take to be delivered and set up. As a PT I would have thought I would be the go to guy to ask if something would work or not. Instead, I am told what will happen. While I understand the idea of delegating, communication and a little respect goes a very long way.

Communication inside the company/store leaves much to be desired. I was the last person to know something that directly correlated to me doing my job. Often times I would get to the customers house only to find that the SM had written up the wrong stuff as a place holder and didn't bother telling us what the customer was expecting.

I have to give this job my all. People will get hurt and property destroyed if I did not. That being said, the pay is substandard and the the pay raise metric is not realistic with the hours expected and the nature of the job. There are no merit based raises. One person can drag down the entire team because of the raise structure.

I was often times told to deliver broken product only to find out nobody had told the customer it was priced so low because it was broken. Used car salesman much?

We accept ANY product back into the store. I mean ANY. If I even get the chance to clean it, I am giving unreal time frames of when the SM wants the product out and I am scolded when it takes longer than that. I have been made to put out product I have not had time to clean.

The customers also make this job incredibly unpleasant at times to put it lightly.

In short, this job is a paycheck if you can stomach it. There is no job satisfaction to be had here. No real growth potential to speak of. The motto seems to be churn and burn. There is always someone else who will do your job

Advice to Senior ManagementRead my post and try to care about your employees below a GM/RM LEVEL and what they say and feel. There are too many cheifs and not enough indians to do the actual work.

Takes care of the performers

ProsGood pay, closed Sunday and good benefits. Hours aren't bad any non college degree job has these kinda hours. They give back to the community.

ConsRm's are supposed to be a support staff but just sit around all day doing nothing. If you bring up food they will talk all day. What a joke. They have no experience in any other company or education to do multi - unit. But hey they were a good Gm. Funny stuff. How about a good job or an attaboy once in awhile instead of spending all day at the casino and not at work

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your Rm's it starts from the top they need to lead not be the drunk guy in the stands yelling at his favorite team "you suck my mom could do better" cause that always works so well right. Leaders lead Aaron's RM sit in a closing room and complains about the numbers.

The most devastating job I've ever had

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is great and the customers are fun. I enjoyed working with the public, and my fellow CSR was amazing.

ConsBasically my store was filled with children pretending to be adults. Everyone I worked with were drug addicts including management all the way to the DM and the management was verbally and emotionally abusive. I watched while our drivers got behind the wheel high as a kite. Calling human resources did no good. Everyone that I reported still works there, proving that the corporation couldn't care less about a safe and friendly work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management is to start paying better attention to what goes on in your stores. I have never had a worse job experience in my life and I can't believe ANY company would allow their employees to act like that.

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!

Aaron's Videos

Aaron's – Why Work for Us?

Aaron's is the leader in sales to lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers and much more. We strive to make a difference in the communities we serve and in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aaron's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aaron's CEO Ronald W. Allen. All 299 reviews posted anonymously by Aaron's employees.