Aaron's

Aaron's Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Aaron's President & CEO Ronald W. Allen

Ronald W. Allen

Pros
  • Opportunity for advancement, good compensation, benefits(in 8 reviews)

• Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • very long hours if your numbers are not in line(in 36 reviews)

• A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible(in 11 reviews)

Good

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsGreat place to work in team work

ConsVery challeging and lots of goals

great place to work

ProsGood benefits with friendly atmosphere

Consschedule is mid day overtime

Unlimited Earning Potential

Regional Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPaid on Performance. No "Ceiling" to what you can make as a General Manager. If you are willing to Work Hard and have Talent, $100,000+ easily attainable. Owner-Operator Mentality. Terrific Benefits. Company founded on a "What's Fair" attitude towards the customers, associates, and vendors. Never had a Lay-Off, don't see one anytime soon.

ConsNot a 9-5 job, you work until your job is completed. Very Demanding Career, hence the Unlimited Income Potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back Ken Butler

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Good Company to work for.

Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsVacation after six months, good benifits, and great bonuses if you are willing to work for them.

ConsLong hours and moody customers, the hours pay off though

Great opportunity for dedicated workers

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsChallenging, they reward top performers well, and have an excellent growth plan.

ConsIt's a retail environment based on customer service. You deal directly with a lot of customers who act helpless and victimized over their day to day life choices.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere are you?

Great company with an awesome work enviroment!

ProsThe connection and relationships built with co-workers and customers.

ConsManagers ocassionally have long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to expand on training and delvelopment.

Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic

Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) New London, CT

ProsAs a military Veteran, I took advantage of the time that I had after receiving an honorable discharge to find a company that fit my personality, work-ethic, and career goals. SEI/Aaron's is, in my opinion, as close to perfect one could ask for. The opportunity for advancement is not just an empty-promise listed on the job listings to reel prospective associates in to apply for employment, the opportunity is truly there, and is almost entirely up to the individual how quickly he/she is "advanced up the ranks". I have worked 100+% since day one as a, genuinely, valued associate, and the possibility for advancement became a reality quite quickly. The hierarchy, if you will, with SEI/Aaron's is quite simple, and is not extensive; which leads to frequent interaction with individuals that can assist you in learning the "Aaron's Way".
         The first company value at SEI/Aaron's is "a reputation of quality, integrity and responsibility". This is without-a-doubt the total truth about this company. Another value I feel is important to bring up in writing a review about SEI/Aaron's is the third value: "development of an outstanding leadership team". The associates and upper-management at SEI/Aaron's that I have had the opportunity to work with are sincerely dedicated to this value, and if one capitalizes on the information provided, advancement should not be an issue-whatsoever.

ConsHonestly, trying to find anything as a "Con" for this company is quite difficult. I suppose if I was forced to list at least one con for this company it would have to do with the frequency of management change. This being a con simply because I am forcing myself to list a con. To argue my own con, though, management is only changed for the benefit of the company, and the associates affected by the management. If a manager is not successful, then he/she is replaced with another manager with the plan of improving the store operation; which, in hindsight, could be viewed as a pro as well.

This is a people business for people who are competitive and want to succeed.

Franchise Field Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPay absolutely matches effort and ability. We are encouraged to treat all associates and customers with the utmost respect. Competitive atmosphere makes working here fun and exciting. I love the new vacation policy.

ConsNone. I really don't have anything that I don't like.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Great company to work for!

Home Office Support (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of upward mobility with hard work. Get it done attitude of coworkers. Great compensation and benefits. Family-like atmosphere

ConsCan't think of any cons at the moment

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on associate development

Fun and rewarding career driven organization

General Manager (Current Employee) Greenwood, SC

ProsThis company allows you to have fun at work, be around others to team build, and interact with customers on a daily basis! Does it get any better!?

ConsI guess if you hate having fun then this is a downside. Also, if you don't want to further your career and learn a lot about yourself then this could be seen as a downside.

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!