Aaron's

Updated November 19, 2014
2.7

Aaron's President & CEO Ronald W. Allen
Ronald W. Allen

Pros
  • Excellent opportunities for advancement (in 9 reviews)

• Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long Hours 8am-9pm most days, Tough to balance a healthy home life (in 46 reviews)

• A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company with great options you would to work here

Cons

No cons except long hours but well worth it.

Constantly changing

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great upper management (depending on location)

Cons

Long Hours 8am-9pm most days, Tough to balance a healthy home life.

It's a job

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's great pay... Nice employee purchase program...

Cons

Sales goals are UNREACHABLE, people cannot hit 100+ customers every month... IMPOSSIBLE... In my experience with the company there are so many cons I don't have the time to type it all out. Watch your back they will turn on you...

Trust your employees they bust their backs for your company and you turn on them at any given disagreement...

Jump started my career

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great customer relations experience. Great team environment. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Inability to fully manage store operations. Very long hours. Micromanagement to its fullest extent. You have to know somebody to progress past GM position.

Worst job ever!

Former Employee - Manager In Training in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to get out of store.

Cons

Get paid crap money for allot of work. Have to make 300 plus calls collect on crazy people trying not to pay there bills for there tvs or furniture. Have to lift 300plus pound washers with cement in them up flights of stairs. And no matter if you have a college degree or not.No matter your previous work history or education they will not promote you if you do not know or are related to someone! pays 11hr. The managers will crook the accounts numbers and not put in the returns of items so they get there bonus and you get written up. Terrible company they ride the backs of young people and sit on there buts and collect there money! If you value Your body and your mind and your future. Keep looking this place is a JOKE!

Pay your employees at least $20 an hour. I now have a job with the same Associates degree and previous managment expeirence and i Make $35$ an hour doing less work. The company pays and promotes the wrong people! And then hires friends and family that have no clue what there doing. The only thing that keeps them going is like I said the Tallent that they cycle through.! The huge pay cut i took was a huge burdon. I was making $40k a year before coming here. I was promised a managment postion in six months. After that they didnt even consider me after i sold everything in sight collected money like no other and handled problems like a pro.Very un-American company. no Chance for promotion. And I was one of the few that Took every online test they had.

Not Bad hard work

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-If you like to work lots of hours then you have the ability to work 45-50 hours a week, Management must work at least 45. which you get overtime.
    -Usually the people are good to work with.

Cons

-Unrealistic and crazy collections, sales goals.
    -The Store manager works at least 60+ hours so he has no personal life.
    -They take advantage of hard workers and pay them low. If you say something they only reference to the fact that they give you an extra 5-10 hours of overtime but keep your base pay the same.
    -If you work in a bad area it will be harder to reach any type of collections goal because the people just do not care at all and senior management does not care at all.

raise the pay for management. No one wants to bust their butts and have to work 50 hors just to make ends meat.

This company really is not in the people business.

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Lawton, OK
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Lawton, OK

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Weekly Pay check. No shortage of hours to work.

Cons

Long hours. Constantly calling customers two-three times a day for late payments. If the customer explains a circumstance, there is rarely any flexibility unless your are a GM or Regional Manager. Even when they grant a customer a circumstance or annotate a problem with their equipment, they rarely take care of the customer and still want us to bother customers who feel that they are being ignored. Corporate policies versus what really happens in the store is very far apart. Manager Trainees also do not manage anything. The title is very misleading.

Ensure that each individual store is adhering to the vision of the company, and not running rogue as a bunch of hooligans making threats to customers who don't pay.

Make this your last resort..

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Central, LA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Central, LA

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Weekly pay, opportunity to earn more money, small "family" like business.

Cons

Upper management, nothing is confidential with the GM, always want more work and less pay, always being threatened about your job.

Talk to the employees more often 1 on 1.

It's cool if you dont hv family

Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pay good on overtime and bonues

Cons

to many hours stupid expectations

stop pushing under staffed stores so hard

Enjoyed my job despite horrible pay, hours, and overall nastiness. (Franchise)

Former Employee - Customer Accounts Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Accounts Manager

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The base pay was horrible for the area however if in the rare case you hit all of your bonuses you have potential to make decent pay.

Enjoyed working with the other employees and management, laid back and easy to work for.

Cons

13 hour days (8am - 9pm)
    People are nasty, be ready to get elbow deep in bedbugs, cockroaches, and to climb around in houses that simply need to be burnt down.

Base pay is not comparable to local businesses. Also, there comes a time where merchandise should be let go. Understandably this costs money but it really is not worth it in some cases. Also, give the accounts department the ability to do their job and hit their metrics, sometimes a generous GM will be the main cause for the collections department to not hit their bonuses.