Aaron's

Updated August 19, 2014

2.7

Aaron's President & CEO Ronald W. Allen
Ronald W. Allen

Pros
  • Opportunity for advancement, good compensation, benefits (in 8 reviews)

• Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • very long hours if your numbers are not in line (in 36 reviews)

• A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

good for most

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

good at times but do not med issues

Cons

long hours and little help

nonoe

Aaron's is a company that preys on the middle class.

Former Employee - Customer Accounts Manager Plus
    Former Employee - Customer Accounts Manager Plus

Pros

Meet lots of people and make lots of friends.

Cons

The people you meet and make friends with the company forces you to anger by constantly calling them the day their payment is due. Overall bad business ethics.

Overall awful experience working here

Current Employee - Product Technician  in  Price, UT
    Current Employee - Product Technician in Price, UT

Pros

In my franchise the benefits were decent. Insurance was not horribly priced but could have been cheaper or covered more for the cost. Vacation time was generous. I get paid on time now that our payroll system is largely automatic

Cons

Like the title suggests, it is an overall awful experience here. As a product technician, the work is hard. I have injured myself so many times fitting things into places they had no business being in. The customers did not seem to care that I hurt myself. They just want their stuff. Only to return it two months later. Likewise for management, I did not get the feeling that it mattered I injured myself. It was an annoyance to them.

The scheduling needs to be improved. Management does not consider travel time for deliveries and seems to have a preconceived notion of how long something should take to be delivered and set up. As a PT I would have thought I would be the go to guy to ask if something would work or not. Instead, I am told what will happen. While I understand the idea of delegating, communication and a little respect goes a very long way.

Communication inside the company/store leaves much to be desired. I was the last person to know something that directly correlated to me doing my job. Often times I would get to the customers house only to find that the SM had written up the wrong stuff as a place holder and didn't bother telling us what the customer was expecting.

I have to give this job my all. People will get hurt and property destroyed if I did not. That being said, the pay is substandard and the the pay raise metric is not realistic with the hours expected and the nature of the job. There are no merit based raises. One person can drag down the entire team because of the raise structure.

I was often times told to deliver broken product only to find out nobody had told the customer it was priced so low because it was broken. Used car salesman much?

We accept ANY product back into the store. I mean ANY. If I even get the chance to clean it, I am giving unreal time frames of when the SM wants the product out and I am scolded when it takes longer than that. I have been made to put out product I have not had time to clean.

The customers also make this job incredibly unpleasant at times to put it lightly.

In short, this job is a paycheck if you can stomach it. There is no job satisfaction to be had here. No real growth potential to speak of. The motto seems to be churn and burn. There is always someone else who will do your job

Read my post and try to care about your employees below a GM/RM LEVEL and what they say and feel. There are too many cheifs and not enough indians to do the actual work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Takes care of the performers

Pros

Good pay, closed Sunday and good benefits. Hours aren't bad any non college degree job has these kinda hours. They give back to the community.

Cons

Rm's are supposed to be a support staff but just sit around all day doing nothing. If you bring up food they will talk all day. What a joke. They have no experience in any other company or education to do multi - unit. But hey they were a good Gm. Funny stuff. How about a good job or an attaboy once in awhile instead of spending all day at the casino and not at work

Look at your Rm's it starts from the top they need to lead not be the drunk guy in the stands yelling at his favorite team "you suck my mom could do better" cause that always works so well right. Leaders lead Aaron's RM sit in a closing room and complains about the numbers.

Customer Service Representative

Pros

Aaron's, at first, seems as a very appealing place to start a career. There aren't great benefits, but there are benefits nonetheless. Starting rate in the Great Lakes Region is $9.00 an hour as a CSR, which isn't terrible if you're an entry-level employee. I'm in my 11th month as a Customer Service Representative, and finally got my first raise. It was 18 cents.

Cons

The biggest challenge of working at Aarons is that, no matter how good you do, it is never good enough, which is to be expected by any corporate owned store. Co-workers make it break your day everyday, and the customers are, for lack of better terms, low class people who are looking to get angry with you so they can get a better payment. A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible.

Change the promotion rubric to qualities of the worker rather than the age. I'm a 20 year old CSR, and missed my promotion window due to my age.

General manager

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

The pay was good, some co- workers were great to work with

Cons

Long hour, they would not let you fire employees that needed to be.

Let gm's run the stores.

I had a good experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Good employees, awesome manger, good leadership, good time-off policies

Cons

There could be better perks,benefits,compensation.

Need to work on benefits,perks,compensation and leadership skills.

60 hour work week for 40 hours pay

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Hard to get fired if you show up for work

Cons

Too many hours without compensation

Fairly compensate managers for hours worked

great people

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

Pros

instore level associates were great, customers are largely great people.

Cons

lack of a clear direction from divisional office. no days off other than sunday. ever.

get some divisional leadership

great place to work

Pros

Good benefits with friendly atmosphere

Cons

schedule is mid day overtime

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!