Abacus Group Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014
5.0

Brian Bereck and Len Frankel

Great people and real money.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Abacus Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Partners of the firm, highly respectable, motivational, industry experts with an actual "open door" to any member of Abacus Group.

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Abacus Group. If you are in the staffing industry anywhere but Abacus in New York City- that is a con.

There are a select few that bring negativity- which in the long run will not work with Abacus's true culture and firm.

Skilled, well coordinated design and support engineering team.

Current Employee - Client Technical Services Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Technical Services Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Abacus Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent culture and well thought out hiring and team management. Good salaries. Broad array of responsibilities and opportunities to interject oneself into new areas of expertise.

Cons

Located in central urban environment (NYC, San Francisco, Stamford, London)

Maintain the culture and lack of lateral and vertical barriers. Opportunity and strong leadsership support as it stands are almost impossible to improve.

Unlimited Growth Potential

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Abacus Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been employee of Abacus for over 13 years. The founding Partners here give you the tools to succeed. If you follow the program, you can do very well. It is a very positive environment with a strong support team. We truly are a family here. We have done dinners, trips to Puerto Rico, host a softball team. It's a phenomenal place to work!

Cons

Being that it is a laid-back place, you have to be able to police yourself. That said, it's nice that they treat you like human beings here instead of just a cog in a machine.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Atmosphere, Fun, and Rewarding

I have been working at Abacus Group full-time

Pros

I like the fact that they allow you to do your job. They hire the right people, and give you the space, and tools to preform your position. Most people have been here for many, many years, and everyone seems really happy. My group is like a family, we work hard and enjoy each other.

Cons

Benefits are on par with other staffing firms, but if I could change something it would be the benefit package.

Career Development

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Abacus Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working here for over fifteen years. The best part of the experience is that I am not alone. There are 10 of us that have been at least ten years or more – not bad for a company of 30 professionals. The reason why is because this company believes in a team environment and we treat or clients with the highest respect.

Cons

The emphasis on self-motivation does not work well for employees who require structure.

Small firm with fun, laid-back and positive culture where success is heavily self-driven

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Abacus Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hands-on managerial style that allows professionals to reach their goals in their own way
    - Colleagues are supportive with positive attitudes - rather than harmfully competitive
    - Culture is close-knit, family-like and fun with little turnover
    - Everyone is free to share their own opinions for improvements
    - One's hard work is easily recognized rather than lost

Cons

While this isn't a "con" for everyone, the firm is a small (35 employees), private company that does not offer "perks" like those of a big corporation (i.e., gym membership, free lunches). However, most don't see this is as a negative, as many employees have been with the 16-year-old company as long as 10 years or more.

Worked for Abacus Group? Contribute to the Community!