AbacusConsulting

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A place to learn

ProsCountless opportunities to learn and build your professional profile

ConsLack of quality leadership. Poor people management

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a bit. There should be an equal flow of power at all tiers

Tread with caution

Senior Managing Consultant (Former Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

ProsYou can gain experience in interacting with clients and perhaps land job opportunities. This is how consulting business work world wide, but the local owners at this company, dont understand this.

ConsIt is a typical family run business. The head of the company is a bully. I had seen him yell and talk down to employees so many times. He abuses people on an ongoing basis; lower your rank, the stronger his wrath.
    No career opportunities, as all the area head positions are filled by incompetent family members.

The company head takes it personally, if you resign. He demands that you change your decision; happened to some of my friends.
    They pay you as little as possible, tell you again and again, that you are blessed to be employed by them and when you resign they say "how about we match your new salary."

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to respect people and not exploit and berate and manipulate them.
    Have more industry professionals lead practice areas, instead of incompetent family members.

It is good experience while working in this organization

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Islāmābād (Bangladesh)

ProsStrong Backgrund, good Projects, working in four areas

ConsLess salary for permanent staff, performance evaluation system is not good

Advice to Senior ManagementReviewed salary packages and performance evaluation system

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible with a capital "T"

Senior Management Consultant (Current Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

ProsThe company is one big shmozzle, a fraudulent master piece, a tax evaders heaven.

ConsAbacusconsulting Technologies (Pvt) Limited, a Lahore based company with offices in Karachi and Islamabad has been involved in major tax evasion for years. The HR record for the company is another sorry state of affairs. The employees are severely demoralized and the work conditions are extremely sub-standard with frequent mal-practices on the employee rights front. The poor employees of the company bear all this because of the poor economic conditions in Pakistan. The company perse is involved within the consulting business for the development sector, yet it pays no taxes except the bear minimum that is the mandatory turn over tax of 1%. How shameful can that be. Besides the directors of the company are involved in corrupt practices on USAID and DFID projects. The company has been pulling a fast one on the people of Pakistan and the development sector for years.

It is sad to see a TAX EVADING business fool so many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour time in the market is numbered. Your corrupt practices are exposed. Get your act straight

Employee Satisfaction & Retention

Senior Key Account Manager (Former Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

ProsFriendly environment
    Structured work flow
    Convenience in timings

ConsLess remuneration as compare to market
    No focus on Career development plan

Advice to Senior ManagementGet one to one feedback from middle & lower staff to get aware or cross check what exactly going on below the line

it was a good one , as it was my first experience in professional life

CRO (Current Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

Prosgreat envoirnment.to work in n good leadership support, a person willing to job there can easily survive there

Consvery hectic routine n monotonous work, standards are quite high

not bad but learning...

Customer Relation Officer (Current Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

Prosopportunity to learn and experience

Consinstant but limited chances to promote

A fast paced learning and challenging working environment

Managing Consultant - HCS (Current Employee)

Pros1- Great teams 2- Flexible and friendly environment 3- Great learning opportunities 4- Challenging career progression

ConsSlightly ineffective support departments and high cost attached to organization's brand in terms of real life compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduction and implementation of HR best practices to foster a strong regional impression.

Fair

CRO (Former Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

ProsBest Cultural Events at Abacus Consulting

ConsPay is too low to imagine.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the Pay

so far so good.

Business Development Executive (Current Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

ProsThere is an opportunity to learn and grow as a person. Your efforts are well observed and you gain technical knowledge with on the job training which you cant find in text books or academic curriculum.

ConsThe office needs to renovated so as to give a proper place for lunches and breaks. There may be a communication gap which varies from department to department due to which stagnancy at a position can be a viable risk.

Advice to Senior Managementkindly improve work environment in order to give motivation for work.

Worked for AbacusConsulting? Contribute to the Community!