Abbott Label Reviews

John Abbott

Wonderful Place!!

Current Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist  in  Doraville, GA
    Current Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Doraville, GA

I have been working at Abbott Label full-time for less than a year

Pros

The plant is filled with wonderful co workers and it is a friendly environment. Everyone is treated equally and positive feedback is always given when needed. Plant manager Stormer is one of the nicest people I have worked for and he is constantly looking for ways to help improve the quality of work. I have become friends with people that work in completely different plants that I have never even met and they have all been so welcoming and willing to help in any way. I have absolutely loved every second of working here.

Cons

I have to cross train tracks to get there from my house.

This is such a wonderful company. I don't know anything that can be done better.

HORRIBLE

Former Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Norcross, GA

I worked at Abbott Label full-time for less than a year

Pros

ummm......close to home and small office

Cons

They treat educated people like crap. It is so disorganized and a very petty work environment. I was made to feel less than able when making copies? Who needs a Master's to do that?
    The plant manager is nice but needs to get a better grip on their employees and how they train new hires.

DO NOT HIRE SOMEONE and make half train them, scold them, make them work overtime and then degrade them!!! CLEAN HOUSE

Awful place

Former Employee - Pressman/Prepress  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Pressman/Prepress in Dallas, TX

I worked at Abbott Label

Pros

Was close to home. Some decent people there. Many people with good ideas and energy.

Cons

Very low morale, plant manager stormer is clueless on daily operations. Promotions and raises work on the buddy system. Management is poor. Equipment is very old and outdated. For quality wprk look else where! Management will have u cut corners rather than do a job right.

Time for house cleaning. Need plant manager who knows the industry and is not the owners buddy!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good luck.

Former Employee - Gone  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Gone in Dallas, TX

I worked at Abbott Label

Pros

The principal owner is a good guy, preaches family values, easy to talk to.
    Alot of good people work at the company, some have been there too long and take great delight in saying how helpful they will be and then go behind your back and make life difficult.

Cons

Pay is not up to industry standards.
    Health insurance is grossly expensive, they try to hire single employees as no one can afford family coverage.
    Forget to write a fraction as a decimal, expect at least one phone call and a new procedure in place by the next day.
    Oh, and the family values thing, depends on if your name is Abbott I quess.

Lead with one voice.

Worked for Abbott Label? Contribute to the Community!