Abbott

www.abbott.co.in

Abbott Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Pros
  • Good Compensation and benifits, and good quality product portfolio(in 4 reviews)

• very good environment to develop your personality(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The company would do and have you say just about anything to convince physicians to use their products(in 2 reviews)

Job

ProsGood salary, competent with the local employeers, Training is full and good,Management of corporate is good,Profits some year are good,Benefits are ok

ConsDevelopment is minimum leadership is sometimes poor, office culture looks good but can improve
    Mobility is slow Managers are not leaders, Continuity in the business is poor

Good place to work

Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWarm atmosphere and very friendly co-workers. Professional work environment that support personal growth

ConsNo transparency from management, some times decisions made without asking workers opinions

Advice to Senior ManagementShare and communicate internal messages. Put some focus on desirable organizational behaviours

Check the Box

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proslarge company with great benefits

Conslarge company with lots of bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What teamwork is all about.

ProsI am a contractor. There's a lot of team spirit here. Pleasant place to work.

ConsNone that I can see.

A very conservative, but professional atmosphere

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Abbott Park, IL

ProsThere are many resources (office equipment, space, technology) that allow you to do your job well. If you go above and beyond and have a strong relationship with upper management, you can get ahead.

ConsIt is common for employees to hold endless amounts of meetings, which in more cases, do not really move us towards a goal. Very conservative (typical of industry) which holds back creativity.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should be more comfortable not having the urge to hold meetings that provide no value.

A great company to work with

Chemist (Current Employee) Barceloneta, PR

ProsGives opportunity to grow and to Lear

ConsNo cons for this review

Overall the experience at Abbott was a good one. Great co workers, great products, good times. The product launches are

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsThey keep you up to date with the latest and greatest in technological advances for pharmaceutical sales reps. The products were second to none.

ConsThe company would do and have you say just about anything to convince physicians to use their products. I don't like the idea of pulling the wool over someone's eyes.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your reps stick to the script and stop the deceitful sales techniques.

It was ok.

Engineer (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsThe benefits are reasonable. They encourage employee charitable giving with a generous match (although they only match company designated charitable organizations).

ConsYou will get ahead in this organization by playing the game. Sales and marketing are treated like kings. Other functional areas, not so much.

Great atmosphere but poor pay

Prosmanagement was very fair but not loyal

ConsPay was poor compared to others

Big Company. Nice People

Principal Statistician (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsNice atmosphere though it depends on the individual group

ConsSalaries are not always very competitive so one has to negotiate for a really good package

Worked for Abbott? Contribute to the Community!