Abbott Vascular

Be The First To
Add Photos

Abbott Vascular Chairman & CEO Miles D. White

Miles D. White

Pros:
  • "Good Benefit, good work/life balance, some co-worker are really good quality and nice personalities"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Great benefits & customer service"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Workaholic culture- It's difficult to achieve work-life balance without feeling guilty"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Lack of integrity by the CEO and upper management"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Abbott Vascular is a great medical device company

ProsThe medical device company incorporates new technologies for treatment of cardiovascular and peripheral disease. Abbott invests research and development into improving the outcomes, simplifying procedures and reducing costs.

ConsThe medical device industry is under financial challenges, and cost savings are limiting resources for R&D,

Astute business management

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

ProsKeeps share prices paying consecutive dividends in the hundreds.

ConsCost me my job (twice) due to re-org/redundancy; but as a stockholder, I can't fault their decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have my support.

It was a very challenging and interesting position.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsThere are several benefits and a large amount of people and several departments to communicate with. I was very impressed how Abbott was trying to improve and enhance their position in the vascular world.

ConsThere were some issues with time management with managers as well as communication between management to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it would be nice to see Abbott be more into moral boosting. I like to see gatherings just to ensure the moral was up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In spite of themselves they make money

Santa Clara, CA

Prosonce you get to a sr. manager position excellent opportunities for promotion and management training

Consafter the most recently layoffs (February 2014) the motto appears to be "do more with less". Money is spent on the things like placement fees and consultants rather than fostering the existing talent by providing opportunities for all facets of the business or doing something small like keeping plastic ware and paper goods stocked in the kitchens.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTREAMLINE…the volume of layers is painful and the paperwork to get something simple done is unreal. The figure it out as we go model is not working

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Temecula, CA

ProsMost of the co workers are nice and dependent on the department and the manager if the team works well together.

ConsHard to get new ideas out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds new management team

Abbott Vascular: A Contractor's Review

Clinical Data Specialist II (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsMy immediate co-workers and peers were very pleasant and helpful. I would enjoy working with them again.
    Management did not micro-manage, which I appreciate because I get nervous with someone breathing down my neck, and make mistakes while they're watching.
    The information about the Mitraclip product and procedures was absolutely fascinating. I enjoyed thoroughly contributing, in my small way, to the healthcare of patients. I wish Abbott well in their pursuit of FDA approval.

ConsAs a contractor, I was often treated in a poor way by others in the SH division. My input was viewed with suspicion (even after my earlier suggestion turned out to be the answer they eventually reached 30 mins later). My education and skills were not used or challenged.

Advice to Senior ManagementI found Abbott to be a very employee-friendly place. I know the employees appreciate the care and concern. Maybe some day I will be an employee and allowed to use all my skills, education, and intellect to contribute more fully to Abbott's success.

Great place to learn but maybe not thrive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are friendly and there are opportunities to move around different departments. You will learn a lot about cardiovascular industry and have opportunities to work on a range of products. There are a few excellent managers but they tend to move up quickly so may not report to them for very long.

ConsProcess heavy and there is quite a bit bureaucracy, partially due to the industry and partially due to the culture. Can be politically and company needs to improve when it comes to decision making and ability to move quickly.

Fantastic Clinical Science at Santa Clara - the dumps at Menlo Park

(Current Employee)

ProsThe management at SC really gets it - they can develop people and keep them challenged!

ConsIt was one of the worst management situations at Menlo Park! All of the clin science management (save 1 adviser) were clueless and hopeless!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank god you dismantled Menlo Park!

Program Manager

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood Benefit, good work/life balance, some co-worker are really good quality and nice personalities. Location is also good, in the middle of silicon valley.

Constoo many hierarchy, politics, the company is in a saturated market, expect massive lay-off in the next several years.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to learn how to manage people, most of the manager are just area of expertise, not quality for managing team

Miss opportunities

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSkill engineers, Great collaboration, Motivated employees

ConsMiss guided senior management, Lack of management skill, No persnal growth

Worked for Abbott Vascular? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abbott Vascular reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Abbott Vascular CEO Miles D. White. All 141 reviews posted anonymously by Abbott Vascular employees.