Abercrombie & Fitch

2.8 1,794 reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch Chairman and CEO Mike Jeffries

Mike Jeffries

1,794 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The staff is fun and mostly good looking people which is a plus if you are single"
    in 38 reviews
  • "Laid back work environment, working with people around your age group, easy job"
    in 92 reviews
Cons:
  • "Being a impactor/model you start off getting paid minimum wage"
    in 196 reviews
  • "Work/Life Balance - They don't care about what's going on outside of work"
    in 61 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch

ProsThe coworkers I had were very nice since we were all young. You stay in one spot and talk about specials and tag lines. The salary could have been better but it was my first job.

ConsThey want you to work all the time, but when they realize they gave you too many hours they cut you to basically one or two days of work which wasn't good because the scheduling was never consistent

Casual on the outside, meticulously structured on the inside.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than a year

ProsEverything is laid out for you. Literally, to the position of the printer in relation to the trash can. Training is step by step and you know exactly what you need to do to progress after that. Very relaxing if you like structure and work is easy. Going out recruiting is basically professionally mandated creeping - fun but your soul is diminished.

ConsGet used to judging people very superficially as part of the job. Young staff are unreliable and there is little you can do to discipline. Long, odd hours. If you do climb the ladder, youre either a traveling DM, or have to move near the 'campus' at Columbus Ohio.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet managers attend manager meetings by phone and email out materials. Mandatory 8am manager meetings on your only day off royally suck.

Assistant Manager

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for less than a year

ProsRelaxed environment, nice clothes/discount, easy (so long as you aren't dumb), room for growth, competitive pay, travel opportunities.

ConsPoor management, promotions can be a little political, unprofessional, high stress, no overtime pay and you'll likely work more than 40 hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one is held accountable for their work, which means the few hard workers do everything in the store with little to no recognition.

Best staff ever!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWonderful training, great work environment. I loved working fro A&F and learned so much while I was there. I miss my wonderful staff, but so very proud to see that my assistant manager has now become a Store Manager, she deserved it!

ConsThe store manager salary could be a little better. I took a position as a store manager with a company that does not compare to A&F in any way shape or form, but the salary is a little better....

good high school job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Fairlawn, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat environment, good people, outgoing management, you learn how to perfect the art of folding clothes

Consyou dont work a lot of hours, can get boring

Positive

Model (Current Employee)
Holyoke, MA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

ProsI enjoyed my experience working there. I've worked at 3 different stores in 3 different states, because I move around a lot (school, home, summer, etc) and the managers have always been really accommodating. They also focus a lot on diversity (at least, they have lots of models who look different!) and so it doesn't feel like a blonde-girl-sorority fest.

ConsYou have to buy their clothes. They say you don't- that you can wear similar off brand stuff, but it's really hard to get away with it. I have seen managers force their employees to buy a pair of $70 jeans just to work one shift because the associate happened to come in with jeans that were slightly different from the A&F styles. You will spend entire paychecks there and end up with a wardrobe that is mostly A&F stuff.

good and professional

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Troy, MI

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Prosthe company has highly flexible work hours. company culture is very friendly, yet professional. They provide you training for every thing so it becomes very easy to deal with any situation.

ConsThey pay you minimum wage rate per hour.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Love it

Sales Associate (Model) (Current Employee)
Frisco, TX

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

ProsIts a great company to work for as in they teach you a lot of valuable and interesting things. And you get to meet a lot of fun and like minded people. I've never had a job where I've made so many friends and so quickly.

ConsThe work can be a little much sometimes. The company is cutting back and still expecting the namesake stores to be perfect at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to the top level guys at Home Office: if you're going to pay so little, start treating us a little better. Or pay us more to justify what you're expecting out of us

Ever-changing

Impact Team Member (Current Employee)
Roseville, CA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

ProsWell, it it extremely easy and laid-back.

ConsIt is not difficult in any regard. The annoying part is how you never have consistent hours, managers or coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people every week.

Great stepping stone

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Aventura, FL

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people are great. You have the opportunity to foster relationships with a diverse group.

ConsCompany standards (visual, operational, recruiting) are overwhelming. Managers are overworked- they do everything but cut and sew the merchandise. Pay is not competitve

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt a less intricate business model and increase compensation.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries. All 1,794 reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees.