Abercrombie & Fitch

2,239 Reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch Chairman and CEO Mike Jeffries
Mike Jeffries
1,236 Ratings

Pros
  • Working with generally cool good looking people is a perk (in 49 reviews)

• you got to work with people your own age and the managers were pretty laid back (in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Part time workers get minimum wage (i've never heard of any models getting a raise) (in 244 reviews)

• Work-life balance varies based on how much time you are willing to make for personal activities (in 77 reviews)

More Highlights

Too much turn-over

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I learned a lot of great management skills here and discovered my own strengths and weaknesses as a manager. I enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job. Being a visual manager was challenging but rewarding.

Cons

There was way too much turn-over from top to bottom to ever develop a cohesive work dynamic that was efficient and inclusive. The store was always so short staffed that kids would be over worked. Standard suffered because of this. The pay at all levels was not competitive at all.

This was my first retail experience. I worked there for 1 year. I learned a lot...

Former Employee - Model in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Model in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

taught me organizing and fixing the sales floor. taking care of fitting rooms. ringing people. they never push you to make any sales which is a good thing for beginners.

Cons

I had a horrible co- manager.

Sales Associate (Abercrombie Kids)

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aventura, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aventura, FL

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most of The managers there were very professional cordial and friendly and were willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

Very strict when it comes to tardiness and if you have missed or are late to one shift they will decrease the amount of shifts you receive in your next scheduling.

They should provide more stable scheduling

Abercrombie and Fitch

Former Employee - Impact Team Member
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hours are very flexible and managers are very willing to work around your schedule. This is a really good job to have while you are still in school.

Cons

They consistently hire new employees, almost on a weekly basis, so you have to deal with a lot of new employees who are in training. It doesn't seem that very many people stick around for too long.

Impact

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Aurora, IL

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discounts, flexible schedule, laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Boring, strong perfume scent, lots of standing.

The job requires you to be proactive

Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The managers care
    Nice kids who have priorities
    I think managers DO pick people who are social and hardworking (they don't just hire attractive people)
    I like working in an atmosphere where people actually have goals in life and want to work I think that's what makes a good company
    Everyone is friendly and minds their own business
    Yes the pay is min wage and there is a lot of work and just because it's Abercrombie outsiders think no one in the store actually works when we do (esp. Managers) they have a Ton of responsibility and they are get it done type people / it is a job
    The clothes are better quality than they used to be as well as fairly priced -

Cons

You have to ask questions or figure it out which is not bad, but it can be a little difficult because the managers have a lot on their plate
    Hard to fix availability
    Not knowing how to do something when there's no one around when you first start I'm their to work and be friendly to coworkers because it's my job!
    Managers think you don't care if you try to call and the phone keeps ringing for a "call in" and you end up getting in hot water with them unfortunately when you tried to contact them which sucks because I take pride in going to my shifts
    If you have never shopped here you will be lost at first but luckily I shopped there everyday before
    Still don't know rules and regulations
    Trying to pick outfits for work

Picking great employees, be a little more picky with diversity in terms of age, and be more understanding and communicate with the employees who care, nicely tell people to go home if they are not needed don't just be like um we don't need you! That would be nice. Otherwise you know the company and you have good judgement so we trust that your judgement of hiring proactive, friendly individuals. Trust employees better!!!!!!!!

meh

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch

Pros

If you are young, it's very social, so theres a little fun to be had while doing the job.

Cons

Minimum wage job doing boring stuff that isn;t stimulating

Listen to you're employees :)

I enjoyed the people and environment.

Former Employee - Floor Model in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Floor Model in Orlando, FL

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to meet other young people who share your interests.

Cons

Many times you are stuck folding and refolding clothes when the store is dead.

Always be kind and respectful towards your employees.

Model/Sales Associate

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros

The company gives a great discount to it's employees, casual "uniform", easy going work environment, flexible hours.

Cons

Discount is only applicable to full price items, folding clothes and walking around making yourself look busy gets boring after the first 30 mins on the clock, and you don't get many hours.

Consider giving better hours to employees. We need to eat too.

"Model" Cashier, greeter, and back room

Former Employee - Model in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Model in Houston, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a fun environment to work in. It is nice having a discount to shop there and the recommended attire is casual.

Cons

The pay and hours were not great but it is typical retail. They do discriminate on who they hire according to the way a person looks, but I don't think that is a big secret. The managers are not required to have their degree in anything related to retail or fashion.

Be more accepting of people who may not look like a model. Require managers to have degrees in related fields.

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos