Abercrombie & Fitch Reviews

3,052 Employee Reviews

1. what you would expect

Current Employee - Store Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with, can get promoted quickly

Cons

promotions don't lead to much growth unless you want to move elsewhere to be a DM or the Ohio home office. terrible work/life balance with the whole summer blacked out on vacation calendar. they do try their best to accept vacations when requested though.

2. Flexible Job but terrible but hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Orlando, FL

Pros

Flexible hours- you can really work with your schedule if you have college or school and they'll adjust, laidback setting, the people you work with are generally the same age,

Cons

At my location, we'd always have tourists/foreigners and if you didnt know at least a few words relevant to the clothing then you're useless, you barely get hours. My schedule was open the whole week except for sunday and id only get 1-3 shifts a week. normally 4 hours long and 7 hours if my boss asked me to stay.

Advice to Management

PLEASE GIVE EMPLOYEES MORE HOURS. this place hires anyone so they'll always have a ton of employees. SInce they hire people every week or so, its hard to get hired so pleasse dont keep hiring people and not giving them hours, like working for 4 or 8 hours a week isn't sufficient at all

3. Not too bad

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros

Great Managers Fun work experience and I made a lot of customers and managers happy. This is a great first job.

Cons

The pay is simply not good. There is no Pay increases which makes for a very high turn over rating

5. Good Temporary Job

Former Employee - Model in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Model in Fresno, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved A&F because the people I worked with were always fun and entertaining to talk to. They emphasized customer service and I had so many great interactions with customers in my time there.

Cons

Retail work is tedious and sometimes monotonous. There were piles and piles of unfolded shirts and limited time to fold them. People always stole fragrances and blame was always placed on employees. Plus, you always had to work holidays like Easter and Black Friday if your store was open.

Advice to Management

Keep team spirits up. (My management team did such a great job of this, but it helped SO much in the long run.)

6. Manager IT

Current Employee - Manager IT in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Manager IT in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch (More than 5 years)

Pros

People that I work with Environment of the office and the location Culture of the people and attitude of people Cafe and gym on campus

Cons

really cold in the winter. Got to get there early for a good parking spot. It gets congested during core commuting times.

Advice to Management

Keep it up but invest more in people and not vendors or contractors. Find more ways to simplify our processes.

7. Manager in Training (MIT)

Current Employee - Manager-In-Training in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Manager-In-Training in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Work Environment! can make a lot of friends! Abercrombie has changed its dress code (look policy) and its really flexible and good for new employees! I love the company so far! really fun working here! Great Insurance and Employee Benefits Very good leadership program for recent graduates

Cons

work hours can be a little hectic especially closing, however, its a challenging job (I Love it!) but the people in the company keeps you positive and always motivated!

Advice to Management

I admire the company for accepting change and willing to adapt to the changing environment! there are always ups and downs in the business world but we are doing a great job in correcting our mistakes and moving forward! all or associates feel valued within the firm.. I wish the management all the very best and more future success!

8. Good first job

Pros

Easy first job, discount, making connections, making friends, learning discipline

Cons

Tedious, time goes by slowly, busy during holidays, always cleaning

Advice to Management

More tasks for employees, more instruction

9. Great people, great environment, overall a really nice place to work and meet a lot of people.

Current Employee - Abercrombie and Fitch Model in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Abercrombie and Fitch Model in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly people and great vibes inside the store. I've worked at a quite a few jobs and this one has by far the most jovial and friendly people I've met at any job.

Cons

None that I can think of other than some customers, but that's what you get working near the tenderloin. It's an interesting place to work for sure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. Perspective from Impact POV

Former Employee - Impact in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Impact in Erie, PA

Pros

If you know what to do and can be self-sustained it is easy. Work with good looking people.

Cons

Managers can be incompetent. Some managers tend to show too much stress by constantly nagging at employees without the intentions of trying to understand the process of prep, floor sets, or doing usr's and only worrying about time when in fact nagging can delay completion time. Mangers are sometimes hypocritical of the "company rules" depending on their mood or who is working (favoritism). Favoritism is huge. Some "Model's" can get by not doing anything while managers will depend on other associates to complete work. Could go on but overall just poor quality mangers.

Advice to Management

Put your ego and "I'm a manager" attitude aside and acknowledge a better idea when presented. You're a manger at a teen clothing store that doesn't require a particular college degree to apply for. You're not in high school anymore no matter how hard you try. Grow up.

11. More work less pay

Current Employee - Manager In Training (MIT) in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager In Training (MIT) in New York, NY

Pros

Good job with great people.

Cons

Alot of work needs to be done snd learned, more pay for it all would be nice

Showing 3,052 of 3,066 reviews