Aberdeen Group Reviews

Excited, Passionate Team

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Aberdeen Group

Pros

The business is focused on moving forward with new leadership and vision. It's great to see a team value the things the business is doing and has done, while building a great company. Strong benefits, great location, fun team....

Cons

No real cons, just need to be sure you like working in a fast moving technology driven company.

Advice to Management

Move fast and keep the positive momentum.

2. Enjoy going to work everyday

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time

Pros

Open work environment, great team members/colleagues, great work life balance, easily accessible Seaport Boston location, lots of transparency

Cons

some uncertainty surrounding benefits during acquisition

Jun 24, 2015 – Manager, Content & Communications

We're so glad you share our excitement and are happy we've got people like you on our team! - ABG

3. Aberdeen Group Review

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product that they promote is unique in the research marketplace is unique. They have decent benefits and they have a bus service to North and South station.

Cons

The product that they promote, they can't deliver for most industries. Leaving sales holding the bag. Even though best in class is a novel idea, companies and customers want product and technology based content. As far as the company environment (during my tenure, they have recently been sold), it is horrible. Sales is a revolving door and neither sales or research hit their number. If you are considering this industry, consider another company. Run, don't walk.

Advice to Management

It was nice to hear that that the top person/CEO is gone. In a very long tenure in business, consulting to 100's of companies this was the most mid managed company I have ever come across. Word to the new owners, look at changing everything!

5. Sales

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very creative workplace. Very mart people. Ability to work from home. Good work/life balance. Excellent products and reputation in the industry. Self-starters strive in the unstructured environment. Good comp plan for high performers. Excellent networking potential due to number of clients and prestige of analysts. Ability to truly be yourself and fun and energetic culture.

Cons

Needs to invest in demand generation products and database which once drove much higher overall company revenue. Sometimes there is a lack of clarity in communication/strategy from upper management.

Advice to Management

Invest in database of subscribers and demand generation products.

6. Great company, committed to building a new approach to content marketing services based on solid research

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company that is dedicated to building out a product and services portfolio that marketers really want. Put that with a trusted brand and team of researchers who are experts in their own industries you have a winning approach to content marketing. I have been empowered to try new approaches and tactics and love that spirit of blazing new trails.

Cons

Change always requires you to push the boundaries, so if you are someone who is afraid to speak up or try and fail then this is not the right environment for you.

Advice to Management

Continue down the current path to bringing Aberdeen content marketing services to the forefront of the marketing community. Maintain the spirit of entrepreneurialism!

Mar 18, 2015 – Manager, Content & Communications

Wow - what great feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and we share your optimism for the future.

7. Opportunity for those that want it

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management allows you to take on as much as you can handle. The opportunity to network and learn from executives at major technology vendors and end user organizations is unrivaled.

Cons

Company culture has been a struggle. Because of turnover in sales, yet we are driven by our sales organization, leads to a bit of disconnect.

Advice to Management

Focus on fixing the sales organization first. They drive the business and are clearly the lifeblood of our success. None of the other departments work if we can't hit our sales numbers.

Mar 18, 2015 – Manager, Content & Communications

Thanks for your insights and taking the time to connect. We are eager to build a culture and a brand that all of us we can be proud of.

run run

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people: some good managers; nice work space

Cons

bad mgmt.; no follow through; lots of turnover

Mar 18, 2015 – Manager, Content & Communications

We appreciate the time you took to share your candid feedback. We're working to build areas of improvement and always try to cultivate a business and a culture we can be proud of.

Run don't walk away

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Aberdeen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none, at one time they may have had some brand recognition... only to find it it was all negative

Cons

by far the worst coo many I have every work for or run into. Inept management, terrible culture, lifeless environment. They will tell you that things have changed. These guys are on life support, they will be sold or out of business in no time. Avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

hard to say, its been a revolving door for management as well. Nothing good to say here.

Mar 18, 2015 – Manager, Content & Communications

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. We are always looking for areas of improvement and are working to cultivate a business and a culture we can be proud of.

Sinking ship! Many people looking to leave.

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have many intelligent people working here, so you have the ability to learn a lot.

Cons

The office culture is pretty dismal. Constant turn-over and lack of strategic direction is tiresome. There is always talk about strategic/consultative selling, but at the end of the day it all comes down to forcing "solutions" on to clients that don't always make the most sense. Because the turnover is so high and documentation in the CRM is very spotty, accounts are constantly being handled by new reps that have to start from scratch again. Not to mention the client dissatisfaction with always having someone new. It doesn't help with building any sort of relationship for much repeatable business.

Advice to Management

Although Sr. Leadership has changed recently, I am not interested in waiting to see if things will change for the better.

Mar 18, 2015 – Manager, Content & Communications

We appreciate the time you took to share your candid feedback. We are always looking for areas of improvement and are working to cultivate a business and a culture we can be proud of.

Beware! Overly optimistic reviews likely come from new management.

I worked at Aberdeen Group

Pros

- Strong work/life balance. Most people shut down at 5 (or sooner) and rarely, if ever, sign-on over weekends. -They may likely overpay qualified candidates due to their insecurity about work culture, development opportunities, and poor ratings on glassdoor (imagine that!). - Opportunities to grow professionally, if you want. This ball is REALLY in your court. Or don't. That's okay, too. But don't be mediocre for too long, they'll wake up one day and just decide to let you go without formal warning (massacre of January 2014, anyone?). -Decent involvement in charity events, an escape from desk work.

Cons

-Beware of conniving management, seeking positions for pure self-fulfillment. -Sometimes the fireball whiskey runs out too soon at company-wide functions. That's a real bummer.

Advice to Management

Thanks, but no thanks.

Mar 16, 2015 – Manager, Content & Communications

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are always looking for areas of improvement and are working to cultivate a business and a culture we can be proud of.

RSS Feed </> Embed