Abington Memorial Hospital

Laurence M. Merlis

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

IT Intern

HIS Intern (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsI have interned in this Hospital HIS Department. Nothing but positive vibes and great coworkers and excellent bosses.

ConsNothing bad to say about the company, I had an excellent experience interning there.

One of the worst employers I ever worked for

CRCST (Current Employee) Abington, PA

Prosthat i have a job, barely

Consface racism, bigotry, and outright stress

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to place yourself in the shoes of the hard working employee. While your stuffing high bonuses in your pockets, think of the employees that are struggling to make ends meet. while the price of living goes up, a 2.5 increase a year (65 cent) does not cut it, while the bonuses of the suits is in the 100,000s. +.Just remember slavery was abolished!!

not recommended for anyone or any reason.

ER Nurse (Current Employee) Abington, PA

Prosnot really any.
    employees are united against the overpaid suits running the place.

Consharsh place to work. you are not respected as a person. unrealistic expectations- 'reach for the stars' means you can't ever work hard enough for management.
    it is dangerously understaffed. and underpaid.

if you like doing the work of 2 or 3 people, getting no credit for it and getting totally humiliated at every performance review with getting publicly embarrassed on a regular basis, this place is for you.
    its abusive on a daily basis

Advice to Senior Managementemployees thoughts and their well-being do matter. try to listen for the first time ever, 'serve us or get punished' doesn't work in 2014

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coworkers are great. Institution has a way to go to be innovative.

Manager (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsCoworkers pull together to get the job done. Good salary good benefits except for limited health plan options

ConsForced in system utilization for personal healthcare needs or you pay a big price in coinsurance and copays. Limited health insurance options

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't dictate employee's access to healthcare choices

Great Hospital to work for

Didactic Instructor (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsGood work environment at this facility

Conswork environment at this facility

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your current employees

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsGreat staff with a variety of locations. Company has a large number of employees. Upper management is very caring and open to comments and suggestions. Works hard to avoid layoffs.

ConsCompany is consistently cutting overtime and going on hiring freezes.

Nurse Practitioner

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsJob security and autonomy plus the opportunity to expand my role outside of that of the traditional NP. I have the opportunity to do many different "jobs" in my current role keeping the day challenging and varied.

ConsSometimes limited by bureaucratic rules. Its also difficult to figure out how to get involved in a 'topic' if it is something that you would like to help with. I believe its mostly time and figuring out who the correct person is to ask, but it can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide meeting management training to management staff. There is no understanding of how to run meetings at an upper level. They also should return to merit based raises. The across the board raise concept does nothing to call out over achievers and hard work.

Abington Memorial Hospital has been a home to me for many years and I am so grateful for what I have learned.

Clinical Associate (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsMost departments are friendly and easy to work with except ETC they seem to have their own clique.
    Flexible with picking up hours I wanted.
    Large organizations many different fields to work in.
    The staff overall is friendly.

ConsOften not enough staff on floors that are heavy which could lead to patient safety issues
    Initial training for new staff members is weak and disjointed, many of the skills I learned were from hands on experience that I had to learn for myself and months later I would receive training for skills.
    "Internal Hiring" - They say the hire internally but you really have to fight to get an interview regardless.
    HR department is horrible. I had a simple question only one of the business partners in HR could answer I left 4 messages over 2 months and stopped by the office twice and still couldn't get a hold of her until I went over her head.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to receive important staff information via email instead of having to keep stacks of paper in my work mailbox.

There are good and bad times like any job but overall I love working at AMH.

Buyer (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsI enjoy the people I work with.

ConsPoor employees that get away with talking their way into looking important.

AMH

Catscan Technologist (Current Employee) Abington, PA

ProsAbington can feel like one big family. The staff are all very friendly with one another and work together very well.

ConsVery busy hospital and pay scale should reflect this more. Volumes are as high as city hospitals but do not pay as much.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and find out what would be their ideal schedule. It would improve job satisfaction and work attitude.

Worked for Abington Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!