Abington Memorial Hospital

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

IT Intern

Current Employee - HIS Intern  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - HIS Intern in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I have interned in this Hospital HIS Department. Nothing but positive vibes and great coworkers and excellent bosses.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company, I had an excellent experience interning there.

Been here a long time

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have watched this hospital go from the best place yo work and get care at to one of the worst in the area. All they care about now is the almighty green. Unhappy employees equal unhappy patients. If upper management would notice this things would be so much better.

Cons

Not enough staff fir safe and effective care of our patients. CHEAP equipment that is constantly breaking and having to wait a long time to get it repaired

Start listening to the staff or patient satisfaction will continue to drop equaling less patients and more closed areas.

Registered Nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Abington, PA

Pros

Great co-workers and good support team among staff

Cons

While upper management continues to receive bonuses they have RIF'd many employees. Maybe they could have refused the bonuses and saved some nursing jobs. Meanwhile staff is over worked and under paid and management doesn't care. They pretend they do but they don't. It's all about the numbers despite what they preach about Abington being a "family". I guess the family only includes management.

Listen to your nurses. They are the basis for all that makes your organization run smoothly. They deserve to be treated better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst employers I ever worked for

Current Employee - CRCST  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - CRCST in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

that i have a job, barely

Cons

face racism, bigotry, and outright stress

Try to place yourself in the shoes of the hard working employee. While your stuffing high bonuses in your pockets, think of the employees that are struggling to make ends meet. while the price of living goes up, a 2.5 increase a year (65 cent) does not cut it, while the bonuses of the suits is in the 100,000s. +.Just remember slavery was abolished!!

not recommended for anyone or any reason.

Current Employee - ER Nurse  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - ER Nurse in Abington, PA

Pros

not really any.
    employees are united against the overpaid suits running the place.

Cons

harsh place to work. you are not respected as a person. unrealistic expectations- 'reach for the stars' means you can't ever work hard enough for management.
    it is dangerously understaffed. and underpaid.

if you like doing the work of 2 or 3 people, getting no credit for it and getting totally humiliated at every performance review with getting publicly embarrassed on a regular basis, this place is for you.
    its abusive on a daily basis

employees thoughts and their well-being do matter. try to listen for the first time ever, 'serve us or get punished' doesn't work in 2014

Coworkers are great. Institution has a way to go to be innovative.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Coworkers pull together to get the job done. Good salary good benefits except for limited health plan options

Cons

Forced in system utilization for personal healthcare needs or you pay a big price in coinsurance and copays. Limited health insurance options

Don't dictate employee's access to healthcare choices

Great Hospital to work for

Current Employee - Didactic Instructor  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Didactic Instructor in Abington, PA

Pros

Good work environment at this facility

Cons

work environment at this facility

value your current employees

Decent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great staff with a variety of locations. Company has a large number of employees. Upper management is very caring and open to comments and suggestions. Works hard to avoid layoffs.

Cons

Company is consistently cutting overtime and going on hiring freezes.

Nurse Practitioner

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Job security and autonomy plus the opportunity to expand my role outside of that of the traditional NP. I have the opportunity to do many different "jobs" in my current role keeping the day challenging and varied.

Cons

Sometimes limited by bureaucratic rules. Its also difficult to figure out how to get involved in a 'topic' if it is something that you would like to help with. I believe its mostly time and figuring out who the correct person is to ask, but it can be difficult.

Provide meeting management training to management staff. There is no understanding of how to run meetings at an upper level. They also should return to merit based raises. The across the board raise concept does nothing to call out over achievers and hard work.

Abington Memorial Hospital has been a home to me for many years and I am so grateful for what I have learned.

Current Employee - Clinical Associate  in  Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Associate in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most departments are friendly and easy to work with except ETC they seem to have their own clique.
    Flexible with picking up hours I wanted.
    Large organizations many different fields to work in.
    The staff overall is friendly.

Cons

Often not enough staff on floors that are heavy which could lead to patient safety issues
    Initial training for new staff members is weak and disjointed, many of the skills I learned were from hands on experience that I had to learn for myself and months later I would receive training for skills.
    "Internal Hiring" - They say the hire internally but you really have to fight to get an interview regardless.
    HR department is horrible. I had a simple question only one of the business partners in HR could answer I left 4 messages over 2 months and stopped by the office twice and still couldn't get a hold of her until I went over her head.

I would love to receive important staff information via email instead of having to keep stacks of paper in my work mailbox.

Worked for Abington Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!