Abington Memorial Hospital

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company

Current Employee - Scheduler in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Scheduler in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits-medical, dental, and vision, yearly 'cost of living raise', opportunity for advancement or to move to other departments, helpful colleagues,

Cons

high stress for not enough pay, difficult to get needed time off, people in department are 'clique-y' making it uncomfortable to work at times, recommend the company, just not the department.

be more open to suggestions

Bring back the old days

Current Employee - Clinical Associate in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Associate in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you have a good supervisor like I do, working here is tolerable. My supervisor is very liberal with scheduling and . Will always help you out if an emergency arises.

Cons

Healthcare benefits are getting lower and lower, upper management can be very deceiving, more Worried about the almighty dollar than patient care.

A good employer is give and take, not just take, take, take. If you want your employees to be happy so they will treat their patients with happy faces, listen to your employees and actually make an attempt to try their ideas. Also, when an employee has an idea, acknowledge the employee instead of raking credit for th he idea.

After working at this establishment for 15 years

Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Phila, PA

Pros

Ran a department of nine, had deadlines and the Job was a challenge which I enjoyed. I was able to advance over the years.

Cons

Would have liked to see employees work better together. Needed to find a way to keep employees morale up. The Hospital at one point made their employees feel like they were very important and as time has come around now they make their employees feel like they are lucky to still be employed. It was very sad to watch especially with a heavier work load.

Would have liked upper Management to keep the avenues of communication about changes open with the billing representatives. I also would have liked to see more an emphasis on morale.

Registered Nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Abington, PA

Pros

Great co-workers and good support team among staff

Cons

While upper management continues to receive bonuses they have RIF'd many employees. Maybe they could have refused the bonuses and saved some nursing jobs. Meanwhile staff is over worked and under paid and management doesn't care. They pretend they do but they don't. It's all about the numbers despite what they preach about Abington being a "family". I guess the family only includes management.

Listen to your nurses. They are the basis for all that makes your organization run smoothly. They deserve to be treated better.

IT Intern

Current Employee - HIS Intern in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - HIS Intern in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I have interned in this Hospital HIS Department. Nothing but positive vibes and great coworkers and excellent bosses.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company, I had an excellent experience interning there.

One of the worst employers I ever worked for

Current Employee - CRCST in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - CRCST in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

that i have a job, barely

Cons

face racism, bigotry, and outright stress

Try to place yourself in the shoes of the hard working employee. While your stuffing high bonuses in your pockets, think of the employees that are struggling to make ends meet. while the price of living goes up, a 2.5 increase a year (65 cent) does not cut it, while the bonuses of the suits is in the 100,000s. +.Just remember slavery was abolished!!

not recommended for anyone or any reason.

Current Employee - ER Nurse in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - ER Nurse in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

not really any.
    employees are united against the overpaid suits running the place.

Cons

harsh place to work. you are not respected as a person. unrealistic expectations- 'reach for the stars' means you can't ever work hard enough for management.
    it is dangerously understaffed. and underpaid.

if you like doing the work of 2 or 3 people, getting no credit for it and getting totally humiliated at every performance review with getting publicly embarrassed on a regular basis, this place is for you.
    its abusive on a daily basis

employees thoughts and their well-being do matter. try to listen for the first time ever, 'serve us or get punished' doesn't work in 2014

Coworkers are great. Institution has a way to go to be innovative.

Current Employee - Manager in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Coworkers pull together to get the job done. Good salary good benefits except for limited health plan options

Cons

Forced in system utilization for personal healthcare needs or you pay a big price in coinsurance and copays. Limited health insurance options

Don't dictate employee's access to healthcare choices

Great Hospital to work for

Current Employee - Didactic Instructor in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Didactic Instructor in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment at this facility

Cons

work environment at this facility

value your current employees

Decent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abington, PA

I have been working at Abington Memorial Hospital part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great staff with a variety of locations. Company has a large number of employees. Upper management is very caring and open to comments and suggestions. Works hard to avoid layoffs.

Cons

Company is consistently cutting overtime and going on hiring freezes.