Abrakadoodle Reviews

Updated July 19, 2014

4.7

Mary C. Rogers
1 Rating

This experience was excellent for me and my family

Former Employee - Franchisee
    Former Employee - Franchisee

I worked at Abrakadoodle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was given a blue print for business ownership after having tried to create several independent businesses on my own or with partners prior to purchasing this franchise. The model was an excellent one for learning the good, the bad and the tough of small business ownership while still being able to support my family and being supported by a friendly system. Though the initial training was not sufficient (we started when the franchisor was just starting out and hadn't figured out the key systems yet to manage growth) our fellow franchisees and staff at the head office were always willing to learn and grow with us. As an owner you can grow your business any way you like- lots of products to choose from!

Cons

This is a high turnover business due to the parttime nature of the staff. That can become draining if you don't put some key measures in place to train and retain staff over time. It took us a few years to get a grasp on how to do that well.

This is a great business for seriously minded business people who also want to make a difference on a community level. The business changes each year so it's good to have strong training programs in place year round for franchisees and staff.

Great place to work, paid well- wish I was still working here.

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Instructor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Abrakadoodle part-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely rewarding. Supervisors easy to work with and very hands-off, supporting changes to lesson plans as you see fit. Also support ideas and help you implement them. Very willing to work with my class schedule.

Cons

I had to drive to several schools. One of the supervisors was a little scatterbrained, but who isn't?

The once a month classes for foster children while their foster parents meet was extremely difficult. Sometimes there were 25 students, sometimes 50 and many were disruptive and the "helpers" provided ignored the trouble makers.

Eye opening with renewed energy, inspiring, challanging and satisfying.

Current Employee - Art Teacher  in  Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Art Teacher in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Abrakadoodle

Pros

We have a great support staff and positive thinkers. They give great feedback and helpful ideas. They cheer you on and keep things going in a positive way. They give you a lot of freedom to be creative and explore your won ideas. Great support when involved with problems of in the school you are working.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get to teacher meetings but they are always trying to make that easier and better.

Keep a line of communication with your teachers on a weekly bases.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding

Former Employee - Instructor
    Former Employee - Instructor

I worked at Abrakadoodle

Pros

Independence, Professional, Fun, Rewarding, Creative

Cons

Inconsistent hours, Prep Time, driving to sites, parents, set-up

None

Worked for Abrakadoodle? Contribute to the Community!