Abrazo Community Health Network Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
CEO

Friendly, professional hospital which truly cares about there patients

Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network

Pros

Great Compa ny to work for. They consistently promote from within and are very forward thinking company in regards new technology and recruitment. There hospitals are one of the best in AZ, short wait times, great staff and very freindly to patients.

Cons

Has issues establishing their Corporate name Abrazo here in AZ. Vanguard aquired several currently operating hospitals in the Valley which already had established names. When the were aquired Abrazo added their corp name to each hospital such as Abrazo PV Hospital. Now after two years still the brand hasn't caught on.

Advice to Management

Keeping pushing the brand name to the Valley. Sponsor local events to promote brand to valley....

abrazo

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a definite team atmosphere in place

Cons

bad reputation. The facilities have been beat up on by local competition

Worked at Abrazo full-time for a little over 5 years.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The front line staff had a true sense of team work and effective communication.

Cons

Effective communication, honesty and cross-training with upper management was always an on-going concern. Each year, there was constant upper management turnover; employee would become aware of these changes through the "grape vine."

Advice to Management

The organization should strive for new leadership with people who understands business strategy, values people and communicates changes timely.

Here 5 years and happy!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The coworkers and staff are great- a very talented group of people. I have been in the organization 5 years and had great opportunities to learn and grow professionally and personally.

Cons

A previous bad reputation continues to follow us, though many of those things have been changed. Abrazo's future is very bright- there are lots of good things happening here!

6. Good for now

Current Employee - Patient Sitter
    Current Employee - Patient Sitter

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personable staff, regularity in departments

Cons

house sups waiting to long before informing if called off, little to no direction

Disorganized Leadership team and health system

Former Employee - System Director Operations Improvement in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - System Director Operations Improvement in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people recruited but no one is developed or retained.

Cons

Turnover among system and facility leadership was 60% in 1 1/2 years. No latitude at the health system to develop into a meaningful structure. No control of capital. Leaders spend the majority of time trying to figure out what happened in order to appear knowledgable for their calls to corporate. No identity as a health system, no planning or engaging in strategic thinking. The most dysfunctional environment of which I have been a part. This is all meant to be descriptive not mean spirited. All of the people I worked with were well intentioned not cut throat.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to think why they have a regional office. It offers little to know value. The hospitals do not exist in any meaningful way that indicate a system exists, except for maybe purchasing power for medical supplies.

Integration of staff and administration

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most all of the administrators are willing to teach incoming staff. Almost always have needed equipment to do the job. Work environment was pleasant and staff cooperative when approached by someone to review a area where improvement was needed.

Cons

Too often there was not the correct matrix of staff to complete the amount of work that needed to be done. When this happens, discontent tends to grow, leading to unhappy employess, and not a desire to be on their best game every day---leads to not as many good outcomes all around--in patient care, in adminitration, all around the facility.
    Too much turnover of employees, unable to maintain a cohesive staff when employees do not feel valued, and look for other places to work.

Advice to Management

If staff is valued by acknowledgement of not only poor performance, but good performence. it makes an individual strive to do their best. If people are aware of WHY there needs to be compliance in certain specific area, there is a better chance of cooperation.

Coworkers are the Best

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the coworkers on my unit. There is a true sense of teamwork and a desire to provide great patient care amongst the core staff.

Cons

Staffing problems and lack of some basic necessities to do our jobs make this hospital an incredibly difficult place to work at times. Nursing is a hard job to begin with, and when we lack the tools we need, or the staff we need, to ensure patient safety and satisfaction it is extremely frustrating.

Advice to Management

Quit spending the thousands of dollars on outside consultants and programs in order to change this organization from the outside and dedicate the money and time to staffing, maintaining core values, establishing consistent policy, placing patient safety above all else, and to providing and maintaining the basic supplies needed to perform safe and competent patient care. You have some stellar employees here. Help us do our jobs.

Mixed

I worked at Abrazo Community Health Network

Pros

Abrazo offered advancement opportunties if you were willing to be pushy and continually pushed toward senior management. Despite the attitude of the market, the rank and file employees of Abrazo are committed to safety and quality care.

Cons

Senior Management is flat out inept. They are paralyzed by data and refuse to make decisions, in effect limiting their ability to do they things they need to do to compete in the market. They are too focused on the day to day to realize they must change now for the future.

Advice to Management

A change is needed. A true leader that encompasses the balance between strategy and action, between decision making and having alll the data. New leadership is needed.

Quite Disorganized and little to no communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

There are some really good people who work here - mainly at the staff level.

Cons

-Poor communication
    -Mismanagement abound - "flavor of the moment" management when they can't even get the basics right
    -Constant fear of the financial swings and when the next round of layoffs will be
    -Pay is not competitive with the market
    -CONSTANT upper management turnover
    -The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing

Advice to Management

Get your act together or you aren't going to make it in the AZ market

RSS Feed </> Embed