Absolute Reviews

Reset
3.8
Geoff Haydon

1. Good things happening

I have been working at Absolute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technology foundation with changes being made to take this company to the next level. Opportunities for people to excel as Absolute builds out the products and offerings to protect systems and data. Appreciate being part of an established, growing technology company.

Cons

Changes are happening in the organization to enable growing the business and serve more customers in focused markets. Sometimes change is not easy.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in and promote the people. Continue to invent in and build the business.

Jul 9, 2015 – Absolute Software

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Your comments are appreciated and encouraging, as we continue to evolve our business. We know that change can be exciting, but that it can also ... More

2. Truly unique technology

I have been working at Absolute full-time

Pros

Unique BIOS-persistent technology New management team brings experience All vertical markets need our solutions (for varying requirements)

Cons

Brand awareness needs to be addressed There aren't many cons that I can list as management is recognizing shortfalls and working to address.

Advice to Management

Growing company so need to ensure we don't try to make too many changes all at once. Continue having the backs of salespeople.

Great product, but...So much turnover! Losing tons of business to competition.

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Absolute

Pros

Great technology product. Good pay.

Cons

Turnover. Turnover. Turnover. There is not one sales person on any sales team that has been with Absolute for more then two years. Company just hired an entirely new management staff , who not only do not come from the industry, but not one manager has had any sales management experience.

Advice to Management

To upper management, get rid of the person who hired the middle managers and get a group of "sales leaders" not guys sitting back collecting a pay check.

Jul 16, 2015 – Absolute Software

Thank you for your feedback. We are incredibly proud of our sales team and the hard work they’ve done over the past year to evolve with the rest of the business. It’s been a record year in terms ... More

Absolute is well run with a customer focus that also allows employees to have a great work/home life balance.

I have been working at Absolute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has a core set of software that is easy to learn, allows for travel, work from home and an independent feel while providing backup as needed.

Cons

Some events have been planned without thinking about US events like Thanksgiving and the Super Bowl, but I believe that has changed now.

Advice to Management

Keeping the employees happy as you have is the best way to ensure we keep the customers happy.

Feb 10, 2015 – Absolute Software

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. And you are correct, as a global company, Absolute has taken measures to recognize the unique traditions and holidays within all of our office ... More

Directionless. Unlikely to make it with the competition now caught up.

I worked at Absolute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally nice people at the non management level. Good portfolio, but no emphasis placed on any other products except for Theft Recovery which is a dying market.

Cons

Terrible morale and some of the worst communication I have ever seen from management. Information flows through osmosis and leadership is focused on friendships not skill. YES men are the order of the day. They use proximity management, so that people closest to the CEO in the Vancouver ivory tower are on the inside track. The CEO seems intent on burning the company to the ground with direction from an inept marketing department. Unfortunately the main product line, Computrace is at the end of its useful life as all the other vendors have now caught up an introduced there own solutions for Theft Recovery and persistence, such as Apple and Google and soon Microsoft.

Advice to Management

Focus on building a global team that is well informed to disseminate information to the employees, not a walled garden in HQ that does not know whats happening on the ground.

Jan 5, 2015 – Absolute Software

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding Absolute Software. About six months ago, the results of an employee survey we conducted showed that we could do a much better job of communicating ... More

Tipping Point

I worked at Absolute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many good co-workers, great partnerships within the PC ecosystem, fantastic technology. Benefits and salary average or slightly better than average.

Cons

Very much a sales driven organization which doesn't look past the current quarter. Horrible communication and execution on strategy...not sure if there was a strategy the extended beyond hitting the sales targets for the quarter. Limited accountability across all teams including CXOs, executive in-fighting and office politics created a hostile and toxic environment. Company at the beginning of a big transition with new CEO coming in. Many managers over the years were nice enough but did very little if anything in the form of providing constructive feedback, motivating individuals and team, measuring performance and developing people. Basic Management 101 skills apparently not wanted here.

Advice to Management

Clearly communicate the strategic objectives and hold ALL levels of management accountable not only for hitting the objectives (beyond sales quotas) but also for basic management functions.

Time of Transition

Current Employee - Senior Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Absolute has a truly unique product and smart, passionate people. Teammates seem to genuinely care for each other. There is an opportunity for the company to go from average to great.

Cons

I really hope the company finds its path!

Great experience

I worked at Absolute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful products and coworkers. During my time at Absolute Software I was given the opportunity to utilize my skills while also building on my experience to further advance my future career goals.

Cons

Lack of proactive apporach to growth and innovation led to quick and reactive decision making rather than a more strategic apporach at times.

It's ok. Could be better.

Current Employee - Inside Acct Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Acct Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pool of talent, nice people, global company with a very unique product.

Cons

Doesn't spend enough on marketing, needs more communication between offices, a less time consuming process for getting quotes out the door.

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute

Pros

Smart employees, good technology, opportunity to learn a lot.

Cons

Small company, pretends to be big, and can't compete in the large space. Constant fire drills.

Advice to Management

Step up and hire more people to provide the appropriate level of service and to compete in the large verticals, or stay out of them. Otherwise, you are just running your people ragged. Stop trying to be all things to all people, with literally 300ish employees it's a joke.

RSS Feed </> Embed