Absolute Software Reviews

Updated April 5, 2015
40 reviews filtered by
3.9
Geoff Haydon

1. Absolute is well run with a customer focus that also allows employees to have a great work/home life balance.

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Has a core set of software that is easy to learn, allows for travel, work from home and an independent feel while providing backup as needed.

Cons

Some events have been planned without thinking about US events like Thanksgiving and the Super Bowl, but I believe that has changed now.

Advice to Management

Keeping the employees happy as you have is the best way to ensure we keep the customers happy.

Feb 10, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. And you are correct, as a global company, Absolute has taken measures to recognize the unique traditions and holidays within all of our office ... More

Directionless. Unlikely to make it with the competition now caught up.

I worked at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generally nice people at the non management level. Good portfolio, but no emphasis placed on any other products except for Theft Recovery which is a dying market.

Cons

Terrible morale and some of the worst communication I have ever seen from management. Information flows through osmosis and leadership is focused on friendships not skill. YES men are the order of the day. They use proximity management, so that people closest to the CEO in the Vancouver ivory tower are on the inside track. The CEO seems intent on burning the company to the ground with direction from an inept marketing department.

Unfortunately the main product line, Computrace is at the end of its useful life as all the other vendors have now caught up an introduced there own solutions for Theft Recovery and persistence, such as Apple and Google and soon Microsoft.

Advice to Management

Focus on building a global team that is well informed to disseminate information to the employees, not a walled garden in HQ that does not know whats happening on the ground.

Jan 5, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding Absolute Software.

About six months ago, the results of an employee survey we conducted showed that we could do a much better job of communicating
    ... More

Tipping Point

I worked at Absolute Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many good co-workers, great partnerships within the PC ecosystem, fantastic technology. Benefits and salary average or slightly better than average.

Cons

Very much a sales driven organization which doesn't look past the current quarter. Horrible communication and execution on strategy...not sure if there was a strategy the extended beyond hitting the sales targets for the quarter. Limited accountability across all teams including CXOs, executive in-fighting and office politics created a hostile and toxic environment. Company at the beginning of a big transition with new CEO coming in. Many managers over the years were nice enough but did very little if anything in the form of providing constructive feedback, motivating individuals and team, measuring performance and developing people. Basic Management 101 skills apparently not wanted here.

Advice to Management

Clearly communicate the strategic objectives and hold ALL levels of management accountable not only for hitting the objectives (beyond sales quotas) but also for basic management functions.

5. Time of Transition

Current Employee - Senior Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Absolute has a truly unique product and smart, passionate people. Teammates seem to genuinely care for each other. There is an opportunity for the company to go from average to great.

Cons

I really hope the company finds its path!

Great experience

I worked at Absolute Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful products and coworkers. During my time at Absolute Software I was given the opportunity to utilize my skills while also building on my experience to further advance my future career goals.

Cons

Lack of proactive apporach to growth and innovation led to quick and reactive decision making rather than a more strategic apporach at times.

It's ok. Could be better.

Current Employee - Inside Acct Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Acct Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pool of talent, nice people, global company with a very unique product.

Cons

Doesn't spend enough on marketing, needs more communication between offices, a less time consuming process for getting quotes out the door.

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute Software

Pros

Smart employees, good technology, opportunity to learn a lot.

Cons

Small company, pretends to be big, and can't compete in the large space. Constant fire drills.

Advice to Management

Step up and hire more people to provide the appropriate level of service and to compete in the large verticals, or stay out of them. Otherwise, you are just running your people ragged. Stop trying to be all things to all people, with literally 300ish employees it's a joke.

9. My 11 years at Absolute Software

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Absolute has given me many opportunities to grown in my sales career. I have had the opportunity to work in different geographies throughout the US, from Chicago to California. I've travelled extensively throughout the US and met with some of our largest customers and partners. I've been able to grow career-wise and personally during my time here at Absolute and I am exciting to be part of this company as it explodes into its next phase of growth.

Cons

Absolute is growing through rapid growth and it is a fast paced and ever-changing environment to work in - some times that requires patience and understanding as the company goes through the transitional phases.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep the compensation competitive and make advancement opportunities abundantly available so employees are not forced to seek opportunities elsewhere to grow in their career and improve their financial well-being. Keep Absolute a fun place to work and allow for creative expression and open dialogue at all levels of the organization. I love the world class programs that we have implemented like the Mentorship program and the excellent training we have here at Absolute - please keep those going.

Apr 6, 2015Absolute Software

It is great to hear this kind of feedback; thank you for sharing.

As we continue to grow and expand in new markets, collaboration between the different geographies will remain a priority, so your
    ... More

10. Changing for the better

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Absolute is in transitional state, presenting itself with new focus. Should be strong growth and opportunities these next few years.
    Company is family friendly, with a number of events each year, such as Breakfast with Santa at the top of Grouse Mountain and company retreat in the summer.
    Work life balance is reasonable with flexible hours and personal days.

Cons

Compensation is slightly below market for some positions and bonus structure can be argued as being unfair.
    Office politics are tough to negotiate at times and rumors frequently run rampant through the organization.

Mar 30, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for your feedback on our compensation and bonus structure. Absolute participates in industry-leading salary surveys including surveys by Towers Watson and Radford. This allows us to ... More

11. Forward moving company which offers a positive work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of passion among the team at Absolute. The team is eager to move forward as the company continues to grow and expand. Easy to connect with the Leadership Team. Competitive salary and office perks to keep the team engaged.

Cons

Company is in a state of growth which comes with many challenges (and opportunities). However, it's been easy to ask for help and people have been always willing to provide advice when needed.

Advice to Management

Team views leadership in a very positive light. Should offer more face time with this group.

Mar 25, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you! We really appreciate and value your feedback.