Absolute Software

Updated February 18, 2015
Updated February 18, 2015
3.8

Geoff Haydon

Absolute is well run with a customer focus that also allows employees to have a great work/home life balance.

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Has a core set of software that is easy to learn, allows for travel, work from home and an independent feel while providing backup as needed.

Cons

Some events have been planned without thinking about US events like Thanksgiving and the Super Bowl, but I believe that has changed now.

Keeping the employees happy as you have is the best way to ensure we keep the customers happy.

Feb 10, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. And you are correct, as a global company, Absolute has taken measures to recognize the unique traditions and holidays within all of our office ... More

Directionless. Unlikely to make it with the competition now caught up.

I worked at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generally nice people at the non management level. Good portfolio, but no emphasis placed on any other products except for Theft Recovery which is a dying market.

Cons

Terrible morale and some of the worst communication I have ever seen from management. Information flows through osmosis and leadership is focused on friendships not skill. YES men are the order of the day. They use proximity management, so that people closest to the CEO in the Vancouver ivory tower are on the inside track. The CEO seems intent on burning the company to the ground with direction from an inept marketing department.

Unfortunately the main product line, Computrace is at the end of its useful life as all the other vendors have now caught up an introduced there own solutions for Theft Recovery and persistence, such as Apple and Google and soon Microsoft.

Focus on building a global team that is well informed to disseminate information to the employees, not a walled garden in HQ that does not know whats happening on the ground.

Jan 5, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding Absolute Software.

About six months ago, the results of an employee survey we conducted showed that we could do a much better job of communicating
    ... More

Tipping Point

I worked at Absolute Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many good co-workers, great partnerships within the PC ecosystem, fantastic technology. Benefits and salary average or slightly better than average.

Cons

Very much a sales driven organization which doesn't look past the current quarter. Horrible communication and execution on strategy...not sure if there was a strategy the extended beyond hitting the sales targets for the quarter. Limited accountability across all teams including CXOs, executive in-fighting and office politics created a hostile and toxic environment. Company at the beginning of a big transition with new CEO coming in. Many managers over the years were nice enough but did very little if anything in the form of providing constructive feedback, motivating individuals and team, measuring performance and developing people. Basic Management 101 skills apparently not wanted here.

Clearly communicate the strategic objectives and hold ALL levels of management accountable not only for hitting the objectives (beyond sales quotas) but also for basic management functions.

Time of Transition

Current Employee - Senior Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Absolute has a truly unique product and smart, passionate people. Teammates seem to genuinely care for each other. There is an opportunity for the company to go from average to great.

Cons

I really hope the company finds its path!

Great experience

I worked at Absolute Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful products and coworkers. During my time at Absolute Software I was given the opportunity to utilize my skills while also building on my experience to further advance my future career goals.

Cons

Lack of proactive apporach to growth and innovation led to quick and reactive decision making rather than a more strategic apporach at times.

It's ok. Could be better.

Current Employee - Inside Acct Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Acct Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pool of talent, nice people, global company with a very unique product.

Cons

Doesn't spend enough on marketing, needs more communication between offices, a less time consuming process for getting quotes out the door.

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute Software

Pros

Smart employees, good technology, opportunity to learn a lot.

Cons

Small company, pretends to be big, and can't compete in the large space. Constant fire drills.

Step up and hire more people to provide the appropriate level of service and to compete in the large verticals, or stay out of them. Otherwise, you are just running your people ragged. Stop trying to be all things to all people, with literally 300ish employees it's a joke.

A solid company with potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Absolute Software

Pros

Easygoing yet professional atmosphere. Great office and location. People are dedicated and focused on doing their best. Employees feel appreciated and are treated well (free food and drinks, etc...)

Cons

There aren't enough meeting rooms currently.

Feb 23, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Great employer

Current Employee - Investigator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Investigator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Absolute Software

Pros

Fabulous company, wonderful product and easy going environment.

Cons

Hi-tech jargon, the use of simple English would help to understand sometimes.

Things are going well and we are kept informed of the companies activities on a regular basis.

High energy executive team that are pushing the company forward..

Feb 10, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for your feedback. It's very satisfying to hear such positive input from someone who currently works at Absolute. We are especially pleased to hear that our focus on improving internal ... More

Growing technology company

I have been working at Absolute Software

Pros

Strong upper management team and reputable Board. Positive morale.

Cons

Aging company that is still trying to shed certain practices from past culture and management.

Jan 30, 2015Absolute Software

Thanks for your feedback. We are excited for what 2015 has in store!