Absolute Staffers Reviews

1. Good

Current Employee - Accountant in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Accountant in Fulton, MD

I have been working at Absolute Staffers

Pros

Good Place to work. Work Life balance is only there if you are not working in shift Jobs.

Cons

Less Growth Opportunities and very strict in some fields.

2. Huge Mistake

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

I worked at Absolute Staffers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It started out positive. There was a lot of dialogue regarding the need to "fix" things and "move in a new direction". There were occasional team lunches, and nice personal gestures made to employees.

Cons

Talk of change was not genuine. Promises to employees were not kept, and individuals were strung along as long as possible. Disputes among family members (about 40% of the corp. staff) were long, loud, and repeated. in some cases, police were called and accusatory faxes were sent to all company machines. The owner's daughter treated employees as being beneath her. Owner and her sister performed a skit mocking two team members who had quit the company. If you didn't have to experience this place, you would almost have to laugh in disbelief. Since most family members were not qualified for their position, constant "meetings" were held where nothing was accomplished. Truly a death by meeting scenario. Compensation/Hourly practices were not fair or consistent with regulation.

Advice to Management

Recognize the pattern in these reviews. Own the reality of constant high turnover, and don't make excuses. If everyone except for family sees a problem; it's probably there.

3. "Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Fulton, MD

I have been working at Absolute Staffers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The atmosphere is positive, uplifting, and fun. It' s a pleasure working with my co-workers and management. We currently have a good team. I have gained much experience in my field as well as, learned more about the company. Pay and benefits are great. I like my role in the company and the fact that there is opportunity for growing. Management are great mentors and role models for me, and encourage growth and development. I like coming to work everyday to Absolute Staffers. This is one of the best companies I have had the opportunity to work for.

Cons

The company needs more hard-working employees that see and believe in the vision and mission of the Company.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and executing the vision and mission of the company.

Please do not do it

Former Employee - Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Absolute Staffers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none. Well the plus side is you saw this before it was too late.

Cons

They do not honor their word and will change everything once you are roped in.

Advice to Management

Stop playing with peoples lives.

Terrible Place to Work

I worked at Absolute Staffers full-time

Pros

Honestly can say there are no pros to working here.

Cons

There is no accountability, management is not knowledgeable about the industries in which they work, there is a lot of buck-passing and blame casting, salaries are usually low, they do not thoroughly vet employees and tend to hire unqualified individuals.

Advice to Management

sell the company to another organization that knows what they are doing.

VERY Bad company to work for - DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working at Absolute Staffers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ABSOLUTE none. I can honestly say there are no good things to say about this company.

Cons

Terrible management , poor communication , poor pay and the list goes on and on

Advice to Management

Start a new business.. One that doesn't involve you working with people… or animals or anything living. You will destroy it…. The one star I gave you was one too many, trust me...

A sad story

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Absolute Staffers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They paid on time for the entire year I was employed.

Cons

The federal contract with Absolute was not renewed and thus, my job ended. i'm a Registered Nurse. I had 10 days leave accrued and I asked ,during my last two weeks of work, if they would honor my request to be have my PTO cashed out. THey said they would and continued, for a month, to say they would.... They still owe me over 3 thousand dollars!
    They kept every penny and lied about their "effort" to have my earned pay deposited into my account. This is a sad example of how companies treat employees. :-(

Advice to Management

BE HONEST!

9. Not So Bad

I worked at Absolute Staffers

Pros

Absolue was a true learning experience. Takes a lot of patience to get adjusted to the personalities, but not a terrible experience.

Cons

Management leads without clear direction, and realistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Ensure core values and commitments are followed and consistant. Also, take time to sincerely appreciate the good in what you have, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Horrible company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

I worked at Absolute Staffers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros working for this company. They focus on things that just don't matter and let the important stuff, like human capital walk out the door again and again.

Cons

Too many to list. The average tenure of any employee is less than 90 days.

Advice to Management

Get out of the people business

11. This is a GREAT company.

Current Employee - Office Coordinator/IT in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator/IT in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Absolute Staffers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is by far one of the most easy going companies that I have ever worked at. I was a little skeptical at first due to bad reviews but it seems like management has gotten this company under control. The staff is kind and hardworking and it's very peaceful in the office. The pay and benefits are great and the owners really seem to value their employees.

Cons

Understaffed- I feel as though if they hired a little more people to completely fill out the departments Absolute Staffers would be the perfect contracting company.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent and diligent in your efforts because your hard work is clearly paying off.

RSS Feed </> Embed