Absolute Wireless

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014
2.8

Robert Hartline

Great benefits. Fun products to sell. Every day is different!

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Absolute Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you like technology and retail, selling phones is by far the easiest way to make a living.
    Stress only comes in the form of being busy, which means higher commissions.
    There are many locations in Middle and East TN. They are very respectful of employee drive time when addressed.

Cons

The only con I could muster would be that the rules change a lot, but in no fault to Absolute Wireless. Since AW is a Sprint dealer, Sprint rules trump all. Sometimes having to remember all of the new plans, add-ons, and metrics could seem a bit difficult.

Great job with ability to excel in your position

Current Employee - Sales  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very competitive compensation that awards those who perform above and beyond expectations. Management has a good grasp on what it takes to motivate and coach employees on how to do better.

Cons

Need a continued training plan for new and existing employees.

Possibly add a position to help with operations.

Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

If it were an option to leave this box empty, I would. The only pro I can think of is the sales reps I work with are great.

Cons

I have no clue where to even start. Upper management is pathetic. The way we get paid commission changes every other week it seems like, to keep employees in the dark and NEVER able to keep up with the way they are getting paid. My pay has been incorrect on two different occasions. I thought it would be corrected on a following pay check but it wasn't. I had to call in to have it corrected. Then I wasn't paid vacation time for time off that I had taken. I also had to call in to have that fixed myself. A break down of additions, subtractions or modifications made to our pay checks are NEVER displayed on pay check stubs. When I asked if this could be done, I was told by upper management that they could not do it because it was "TOO LABOR INTENSIVE." Instead of trying to make their employees happy by praising them for a job well done, they send emails out stating what needs to be fixed or what we struggle with or what we messed up on. I've worked in multiple Absolute Wireless locations and morale is very low due to these very reasons. Also instead of working to put a break down on pay checks "as it is too labor intensive" they are focusing on having the store manager take pictures of each employee to send to upper management to make sure everyone is within dress code. Referring to the below "rate the following", on senior management, if giving negative stars was an option....I'd give -10. Same for "culture and values".

GET NEW MANAGMENT

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wouldn't come back

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Absolute Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

The scheduling was flexible (both hours and days) and allowed me to take care of obligations outside of work when necessary.

Cons

Negative, fear-driven culture. Intrusive oversight (cameras in the stores aren't just for security) and questionable ethics at times. I never really felt like I had a path for growth there.

Hire solid employees and trust them to do right by the company. They will.

OK. Don't make a career out of it.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good scheduling, immediate management seems to care about you, performance based pay

Cons

Unorganized company altogether. Fire in a different place every week. Frustrating to see people less competent than you in other stores making more money only because they happen to work at a busier store.

Get it together.

Fine

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Absolute Wireless

Pros

I had a good manager who was very caring of his employees.

Cons

Always having to learn new scripts, corporate.

Eh' not great!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Absolute Wireless

Pros

The immediate people in the stores are overall good people. Pay can be decent.

Cons

Managment has no idea how to run things or treat quality employees. Also they keep poor quality employees and threaten to take money out of our pockets.

East Tennessee's district manager knows whats going on. This is who should be running this company.

Worked for Absolute Wireless? Contribute to the Community!