Abtech Systems

CEO

Excellent Sales Company

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Abtech Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Earnings are very good if you perform. Initial induction is solid and comprehensive covering a wide range of products, solutions and services. Management are very sales aware and give good support, regularly adding new products or services. Management also listen to your ideas and give good feedback, even if the answer is no. The team is dynamic with a real entrepreneurial spirit, which I learnt a lot from.

Cons

If you don't perform they won't keep you for ever. If you work in a remote, small East Coast office a good level of autonomy is needed

Bring in the remote East Coast offices to be closer to HQ. Sadly I don't have a low cost solution to suggest because of the time zone and travel issues, although perhaps a larger Eastern regional office could act as a hub and allow more direct contact from California.

It was great, they gave me my first job when I retired from the Military.

Current Employee - Teir III Help Desk in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Teir III Help Desk in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Abtech Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had a good rep that walked me through the steps on getting the job.

Cons

At the end of the contract, was not able to line up another job.

na

Used and abused

Former Employee - Customer Engineer Hp Systems
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer Hp Systems

I worked at Abtech Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Was remote and did collect a salary for a long time only doing several service calls a month. Many times was like the Maytag repair man.

Cons

In the 10 years I worked for this company I never got an increase, and never had a review. I only saw my manager face to face twice. Sales force was good when I started and when it went down hill. Service was expected to do 4 hour repair without the parts available locally. Seen many blown sales to a local service provider that under cut. Abtech was unwilling to compete. Agree with previously statements on Health Insurance. The Owner of his the company thought the costs of insurance was coming out of his pocket. So by the end this was no benefit what so ever.

There should have been an eastern office. With territorial managers. Instead the service manager also being a Vice president and taking sole responsibility of everything. Company culture of micro-management. As stated in other reviews in you were in California you are golden. Remote, not so much..

Good Company needs better leadership from top.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Abtech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great if you live close by the office. Good on training their multiple products and services.

Cons

This company lends itself to a cut throat type of sales. I have seen them let go of quality people for no apparent reason.

A less than satisfying experience.

I worked at Abtech Systems full-time

Pros

This is a small company that should embrace individual contributions.

Cons

The work environment is second class, at best. New hires have left after experiencing just one day. Too many people squeezed into cubicles and spaces. Memos have to be distributed to encourage efficiency in the limited restroom space. Outdated computers, phones and CRM systems make working difficult.

No training or start-up structure. Many very talented people have been hired and then fired because of inadequate corporate focus and archaic upper management.

Develop some of the great talent that you hire and then fire. Get some fresh, experienced and knowledgable upper managment.

they were very greedy, no benefits I was able to less expensive & betr benefits on my own just what can you do for them

Former Employee - Customer Engineer
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer

I worked at Abtech Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None that I know of

Cons

If you worked in California you were golden. But if you did not reside in CA, out of site out of mind. They wanted more for my health coverage than I could get it locally. But they would not give me the money that they would have spent as their share of the coverage. I was paying $1,200. Through Abtech Systems Per month for the privilege of that is not covered etc. I was able to get better coverage on my own for less that $900.00 per month. This leads me to believe that they were actually giving me nothing. And pocketing the $300.00 difference.

They kept hiring new slaes rep's but they would not last very long once they found out what the company is about. Upper management would hire more but never any good rep's same old crap & they wonder why business is off.

Unless you are desperate for a job do not work here.

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Abtech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good health benefits, salary is adequate and expenses are paid in a timely fashion.

Cons

If you like to be micro managed, work in a fear based environment and have managers that are dinosaurs then work here. Otherwise be prepared to be micro managed and work with peers that are aloof and catty.

Get some new blood in management. Most of the managers have never worked at other companies. Old technology even for a technology provider. And quit snooping on employees phone calls and e-mails.

Lack of progression

I worked at Abtech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good field, management is very nice, good flexibility, open door policy, time-off is approved very easily, managed services is a good field

Cons

Micromanagement by some supervisors, discouraged growth, not easy to get raises, lack of forward-thinking and loss of many clients means not enough work to go around. Too "numbers" based instead of quality based. Always thinking about the average rate, instead of quality of work. Not sure on their pricing model. Lack of qualified and motivated sales people.

get a pricing model that works.