Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant

Be The First To
Add Photos

James Young

Fun place to work

Prosmanagement is easy going with little to no micromanagement. Food is good and employee discount is competitive to other stores

Conscompany growth is seemingly at a standstill, advancement within the company is totally dependent upon your availability to relocate to possible crap market

Advice to Senior Managementopen more stores outside of texas

Good Job

ProsTips, fun people, great atmosphere and food.

ConsServing isn't for everyone as there isn't the guarantee of making good money every day.

Great for college students, but not a place to make a career

Server (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsThe people for the most part were pretty relaxed and fun to work with.

ConsManagement at my location came to work looking for a power-trip everyday. Waiting tables your always going to have back-of-house work and complaining customers, so that's just part of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you really know who is managing, or not managing, each of your store locations

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lead Coordinator

Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat place to work when I was in high school.

ConsNothing bad to say. Great company.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work. Amazing food.

Great place to work

Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat between jobs job at the time I needed it. I stayed a little longer than I expected and was promoted. Liked the environment and management was cool.

ConsThe tips and pay were not enough for my lifestyle at the time. But its okay for restaurant work. Not too hard and ok pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up with good work on hiring great managers

Don't even bother

Server (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe only pro i can really see with this company is that their food tastes good.

ConsYou have to split parties of 12 or more even if the party takes up your entire section and the person you are sharing with has a complete section of their own, the hostess play favoritism and only seat the ones they like, Management is always busy either eating, playing on their phone, smoking, or chatting with regulars for hours on end. Constantly scheduled doubles just to work 2 hours each shift. Nasty dishes! Definitely not a clean restaurant. I worked there for a year and a half and still felt brand new. Everyone there is stuck up and don't want to create business partnerships.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit acting like your too good for everyone and actually do your job.

Not a terrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsMade a decent amount of money by putting in a lot of work

ConsManagement really likes to micromanage employees without giving solid feedback to grow from

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better GMs for your stores

poor management which leads to a high turnover.

Server (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Proseasy to obtain employment, early hours, flexible schedules, location, patio seating.

Conslow tips, poor management, poorly trained managers, high tip share for little assistance, little attention paid to sanitation. managers that fraternize with certain employees which leads to unfair working conditions. lack of continued training and skillful trainers, slow bar service which leads to reduced guest satisfaction.

Advice to Senior Managementhire managers who have college degrees who understand the value of teamwork and employee rewards. District managers who make visits without forewarning which would allow a more accurate evaluation of the work situation.

Typical Food Service

Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Proseasy to learn
    make money fast
    management opportunities abundant

Conshigh turn over
    hard work
    not always busy

Title of my review is savory

ProsThe hours are very flexible.

ConsSometimes the flow of customers is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect servers

Worked for Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant? Contribute to the Community!