Academy Mortgage

Updated September 22, 2014
Updated September 22, 2014
4.3

Adam Kessler

Academy Mortgage is committed to delivering the best possible service, both internally and externally. People matter!

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Academy is dedicated to their employees. Everyone is extremely polite and user friendly. This is a company with a lot of heart and soul, but still remains on the cutting edge of all aspects of our industry. Great benefits, great people....fantastic place to work!

Cons

Nothing per se about Academy, more just the industry obstacles.

Continue to stay tuned in at street level. Get aggressive in a National advertising platform.

Sep 19, 2014Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing

Academy is so glad to hear about your great experience! Thank you for the suggestions as well - we value your input!

Academy Mortgage cares deeply about their employees and makes the overall customer experience a priority.

Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Academy Mortgage gives you all the tools, and support to succeed. Their innovative technologies set us apart from the rest and allow us to build relationships with Realtors and Clients.

Cons

I would like to have more opportunities to meet with other loan officers throughout Academy to share best practices and techniques to help grow my business.

Sep 20, 2014Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing

Providing the tools to succeed is fundamental in positioning ourselves as the 1st CHOICE preferred home lender. We offer lots of opportunities to learn from other Loan Officers during sales ... More

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Loan Officer  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work with a small company feel that invests time and money to build their employees and their careers. Great support team and great lines of communication with Regional Managers and Corporate Office. Very family and community oriented. I am very satisfied with decision to join Academy Mortgage.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Keep up the great work and continue to invest in your people and operations for continued success!

Sep 20, 2014Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing

We are so glad to hear about your overwhelmingly positive experience at Academy Mortgage!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Happy!

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer  in  Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, very understanding when it comes to family and life events. Easy to grow and adapt in the company, its a growing company so new positions are always opening. Very family orientated, multiple activities a year that families are invited too. Company is charitable, always trying to give back to community and employees.

Cons

Health benefits could be better. Problem employee are not disciplined in a timely manner, the family atmosphere tends to allow problem employees to get 2nd 3rd and 4th chances before any action is taken.

Try more performance management versus adding checklists and audits to ensure quality.

Academy is a dynamic place that keeps me energized.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The People are truly amazing - helpful and friendly
    The management team is very aware of how the people make the company great and they do all they can to encourage an atmosphere of a family.
    Cutting edge on marketing

Cons

I think the business we are in makes it difficult to balance work/life

I would like to see branch managers attend the top producers after they have 1 or 2 loan officers that qualify. Some markets will never make the larger numbers required for branch managers.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a well managed company. This company cares about improving the quality of the employee which results in improving the quality of providing for the ultimate consumer which is the borrower. It is cool to be a part of the process of seeing people get in their dream home. They also give back to the community with projects like habitat for humanity.

Cons

The cubicles do not have much privacy, with windows actually in the cubicles so you can see most all around you. That could be good as it is so open, but for me too open.

Sep 20, 2014Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing

Glad to hear about your overall positive experience! Habitat for Humanity is a great fit for Academy Mortgage and we will continue to stay involved with their amazing projects.

Best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

I very much appreciate the team environment. Having worked for other corporations, this is more like a family than a corporation.

Cons

I currently do not any cons that I can even being to think of.

Sep 22, 2014Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing

We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience working with us. Thank you for sharing!

By far, the best culture, team and support of my mortgage career.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The management support is phenomenal. I love that we are able to solution most issues from the local level. I believe that the Corporate philosophy of serving the employee, client, business partner, and community is the reason for our success. As long as we continue to serve others at a high level, we will continue to grow, exceed expectations, and reap the benefits of our hard work in ways that we can't even imagine.

Cons

There are only a few things that could improve - renegotiation of locks (need more flexibility) and missing products that banks are able to offer and we are not. For instance, CP loans, construction loans etc.

Continue to allow local level fulfillment, solutions and support. Communicate, support and reward excellence. Continue to move forward with technology and identify outdated practices to streamline efficiency.

Since 1998, Academy has matured and provided loan officer support beyond my expectations.

Current Employee - Loan Officer  in  Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Academy has developed into a mortgage lender that has invested in the necessary resources to become "cutting edge" in technology, HR, education and support staff to enable it's loan officers to serve those wishing to finance their homes. AMC has become the envy of the industry.
    In addition, Academy has initiated programs to educate and assist its employees in making healthy choices in diet and exercise to enable them to feel accomplished within themselves.

Cons

Having been with the company for 16 years, any issues I may have had previously have disappeared through the evolvement the company has made in becoming what it is today.

Continue to observe and initiate programs to improve the streamlined manner in which the company can provide home ownership to those with that desire.

Sep 22, 2014Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing

We want each employee to have a healthy and happy life both at work and outside of work and will always work hard to try and facilitate that as much as possible. Thank you for your positive feedback ... More

Awesome place to be!!

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Academy Mortgage full-time for about 4 months.

Everyone works as a team to meet deadlines! I absolutely love the co-workers I work with.

Cons

I really don't have any cons.. I haven't been here long enough to have a con.

Sep 19, 2014Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing

We are so glad to hear about your wonderful experience with Academy so far! We look forward to having you on the team for many years to come.

Worked for Academy Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!