Acadia Healthcare Reviews

Billionaires with no care

Current Employee - MHPP/Lecdt in Trumann, AR
    Current Employee - MHPP/Lecdt in Trumann, AR

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its local, my fellow employees on site, and my patients.

Cons

When Acadia bought my company I was exicted thinking it would be for the best. WRONG. They seem to not have a care in the world about employee. We are always short staffed, do not get paid enough and its less than 9$ an hour, I have never met anyone higher up than our local CEO but feel the wrath of all the choices they make to save a dollar, they dont seem to care about our children that attend their clinics because by the choice they make you can clearly tell, and they dont communicate with staff period!! Oh and they have an occurrence system a patient has the stomach bug gives it to you the supervisor sends you home but you get an occurrence! !! Ridiculous

Advice to Management

Go to a clinic and work for less than 9$ an hour in the classroom for a week and see what choices you make then. Communicate one on one with your staff. Cheaper better insurance and more pay. Due away with occurrence system and hire more people.

Horrible company..

Current Employee - Anonymous in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get a paycheck (somewhat), great employees (who won't be there much longer due to lay offs)

Cons

This place used to be a great place to work. However, things went down hill once Acadia bought us out. Nearly all of administration was fired and now they have corporate folks running the show that have no idea how to manage a psych facility. You're forced to work 12 - 18 hour shifts with no break. Half the time your pay check isn't right and they won't give you the money for the hours you worked. They don't pay you the shift diff's like they are supposed to. Staffing is horrible. Due to lack of staff and proper management, this is a very unsafe place to work. Not enough staff to properly watch and manage the patients. Patients don't get the care that they need due to the minimal staff. Patients leave and come right back because they weren't properly treated. They don't care about their employees, patients, or anything else except making money. I wouldn't recommend working here.

Advice to Management

You are about to lose a lot of great, dedicated, and loyal employees who actually care about the patients. I understand that this is a business and you need to be profitable but with the route you're going, you're going to end up failing because you can't keep employees or your patients safe. You will either bankrupt or be sued due to malpractice, neglect, and abuse of your patients because all you care about is money.

Philadelphians: Run for the Hills!!!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They tell you that you should be lucky that you have a job. Is that a pro? Probably not; however, I do agree that having some sort of paycheck is nice.

Cons

When Einstein Hospital sold their Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment facility, a psyche facility of approximately 143 bed, to Acadia Healthcare, we did not know what to expect. The transition was a complete joke. It has been almost a month after this transition and we still are using Einstein forms. Acadia has NEVER posted their employment policies anywhere and we were directly told to continue following Einstein policies. However, we are NO LONGER Einstein employees and NO LONGER have access to their policies. Communication is a complete joke. There is NO COMMUNICATION. I've gotten more information from a rock. This is sad. If you send an email to most anyone NO ONE replies. Instead, someone tries to speak to you verbally so that there is no email trail and they cannot be held accountable. This is pathetic. Although they honored a 2% raise Einstein had promised its employees, if you were still entitled to a raise for either new skills learned or yearly review they did not give it; instead, they gave every fictitious reason as to how they are "working on it" but nothing happens. We are soooooo short staffed at this moment that working on the floors has become a daily crap shoot and very dangerous! Their own website does not even have a career tab when you visit the Belmont Behavioral Hospital site; yet they talk about having a job fair in August. How in the world a company can take over a psychiatric hospital and not have its website ready to go, even for employment possibilities, is most pathetic. AND if you were participating in Einstein's tuition reimbursement plan... no more. They have NO TUITION REIMBURSEMENT and have no intention of offering it at this facility. Their version of investing in their employees is to have an employee of the month and an off-site Christmas party (this is their actual answer). ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

Advice to Management

Try giving a crap about your employees. Unlike most other hospitals in the region, you have no idea what it means to utilize a true collaborative effort in policy creation, patient care, and safety management. Have your CEO take his sports coat off and roll up his sleeves and hit the floors with the nurses and behavioral health associates to see what it really is like on a day to day basis and to assess where true areas of opportunity exist to better the overall care provided to the patients and how to appreciate your staff. The work "communication" is in the dictionary. Your company has no idea what that word means. And lastly, invest in your employees. A carrot-and-stick investment is the antithesis of a substantive employee investment. Discard the former and stick with the latter. Your company will actually retain employees that way rather than having almost everyone placing applications with other hospitals in the region.

Could Care Less About Patient Safety or Employees For That Matter

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Love the people I work with

Cons

Understaffing, understaffing, understaffing!!!! Did I mention understaffing? Their ratios may be leag but they are not safe and many of our patients feel neglected and end up discharging before their treatment is complete. Upper management with the exception of a select few have no respect or appreciation for staff. As long as Acadia stock or profits could possibly go up half a point you are worked into the ground without consideration for your physical or mental health.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You have revolving door staff here in California? Have you ever thought about the reason why you can't keep staff? There will never be consistency in patient care if this continues! If staffing continues as it is you will have a sentinel event at your hospital. It isn't a matter of if but when. And of course staff will be thrown under the bus and not your idiotic staffing decisions!

6. Watch Your Back

Pros

Having a job to pay bills.

Cons

The "technology" you're asked you to use is a joke. Really cuts down on productivity. Your manager may try and be cost efficient by asking you to pay for "computer" to be sent in to IT. Supposedly you'll be reimbursed.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have actual backgrounds in their dept.

Work with at-risk-kids, can be reward but also frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

You get to work with kids and hopefully make a positive impact on their lives. Working at the site is interesting because of the kids interacting but it is also a rather grim place

Cons

First kid I worked with didn't listen to anything I said and was %100 defiant. Sometimes difficult to understand exactly where you fit in.

Advice to Management

Clean up the main facility. That is my my main concern with Desert Hills up until this point just go

Mental HealthTherapist

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Beaver, WV
    Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Beaver, WV

Pros

Great Staff. Positive work environment. .really enjoy the population I work with

Cons

Does not appreciate Degrees,credentials although they are required to have the job. Salary is very insulting

Advice to Management

I work there because I like the patient population and the staff. Salary seems to match how the company feels about the staff. Compensate you staff that do a good job are qualified and want to be there

love the patients

Current Employee - MHA in Belton, TX
    Current Employee - MHA in Belton, TX

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

wonderful boss who is very supportive,love the pt's,great schedule

Cons

pay sucks and there is a lack of communication across campus from unit to unit

Advice to Management

pay better to keep good employees,get rid of bad ones and communication is key.

10. Great Opportunity for Growth

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time

Pros

I love the culture and the willingness to train.

Cons

Lots of different facilities with different ways of doing things.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing, but don't forget your people in the field!

Team oriented

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time

Pros

Very team oriented environment. You feel you are making a difference and not just a number.

Cons

Internal communications could be a little better. But I believe leadership is working on it.

RSS Feed </> Embed