Acadia Hospital

Acadia Hospital Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel B. Coffey

The best company I have ever worked for.

Housekeeping (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acadia Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWell appreciated, 5 weeks paid vacation , great people to work with, very rewarding,supportive

ConsI can't really think of anything

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to keep up the good job of appreciating your staff. Staying on top of raises to keep up morale

Former Employee

Medication Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at Acadia Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThey are a progressive company. I had worked there for twenty years. The company is one of the better ones to work for as far as job security.

ConsThe current CEO is inexperienced at running a psychiatric hospital. I like Dan Coffey very well and he tries very hard to work with the staff. However, psychiatric facilities like Acadia have to always keep the patient in mind. I have had multiple patients complain about the upper level management. The progress recently is making the hospital profitable I believe at the expense of the patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the patient the number one priority. I worked there many years and have seen a lot of changes. Anyone who has worked there knows that change at Acadia is the only thing that does not change. Sometimes the changes happen before they have thought it through and most times it happens without any input from the people that have worked there and know what has been tried before and did not work.

dissatisfied employee not treating all nurses as equals

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acadia Hospital

ProsMakind a difference and hopefully trying to help the mentally ill and alcohol/drug addiction

Conspay,so/so benifits,not being able to have a union. Not much support or change in dealing with problems

Advice to Senior Managementmore honesty and response to problems

Making a difference in the lives of people with mental illness

Psychiatric Clinician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acadia Hospital

ProsI like being a part of the recovery process in my clients. I enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team and working with people passionate about patient care and recovery. I like coming to work and never knowing what the day is going to bring.

ConsUpper management ignores problems and makes rash reactive decisions that negatively impacts patient care and employee satisfaction; My profession is not valued in this organization and my below average salary and lack of voice in decision making reflects this

Advice to Senior ManagementCollaborate with employees and clients to solve problems and make decisions impacting patient care and employee satisfaction. Provide employees with the tools necessary to perform job duties. Provide employees with reasonable expectations.

Worked for Acadia Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acadia Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acadia Hospital CEO Daniel B. Coffey. All reviews posted anonymously by Acadia Hospital employees.