Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants

Add Photos

Chris Thomas

Bartender

Bartender (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsI like working a fast paced bar with lots of options for the customers. Managers and staff got along well.

ConsIt's cooperate and you don't get to build up the relations with the customer like you would at a neighborhood bar. It's service bar tending.

restaurant manager

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)

Proscan not find not even one good reason

Consbe ready to work long hours about 55 o more per week, short staff, most of the restaurant are ether missing a kitchen manager, general manager ,
    regional directors will make you work six day, you will no be able to take your vation time because we are always short staff, few hours for kitchen staff to prep enough for the whole day, number one goal for the company is the labor they do not care about guest satisfaction,

Advice to Senior Managementconsider to motivate your management team, give vacation time, treat your employees with respect, invest money on having staff to accomodate guest needs,

Good Experience, Great coworkers

Waitress (Former Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsGreat people to work with. Their food and produce is made freshly each morning. Great taste of food to sell to restaurant guests. Good locations. Depending on the managers, some are very helpful and want you, as an employee to grow. For waiters, they create incentives to win small prices based on sell.

ConsDepending on the management, the restaurant can be at times disorganized on high volume periods. Depending on management, at times the environment can be unprofessional in where managers can create personal bias amongst workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more constant supervision on the restaurant managers to ensure there's a professional environment between managers and employees. Other than that, these are great restaurants to learn from and work at.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

no good

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosnot much, nothing, can't say

Consno direction, not good, no way

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOverall I had a positive experience

ConsNone that i can think of

My experience has been decent due to other friendly employees.

ProsTips are the only reason i have stayed for so long.

ConsHours suck due to lack of business. The lack of business then affects just about everything else in a negative fashion.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way of bringing in business; instead of raising prices try lowering them.

Wish very bad things for this company-New C's only care about the profit goal

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBefore the new C's the work was hard but fair and steady

ConsNew C's are firing anyone w/a salary and closing everything they can so they can get the 25mil profit for their bonus and leave after their 2 yrs and in the meantime those of us let go will most likely lose their homes after being a valued employee for 20 + years.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice only a coment to the owners/board members; You made a mistake w/these two idiots that are closing everything and letting go of people that have been with the company sense of conception.

No sense of direction- No vision

General Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat employees
    Good food
    Great consumer base

ConsRevolving door at Executive level
    Major Changes at VP level needed

Lots of work with little reward

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMom and pop mentality of "fix it yourself" gives you more knowledge about the business and how to save money on budget.

ConsSenior Management- regional managers that speak little english. They know most of their managers have worked their way up the company from bussers and dishwashers so they treat them like they have no other management opportunities available and work them to death.

Company in transition

Server (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsNew emphasis on the quality of the guest experieice; better service without singular focus on cost cutting; lots of menu changes and better food. Stable and loyal employees.

ConsNew ownership and revolving door at the top of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take a step back by returning to cost cutting. Stay the course on improviements in the guest experience.

Worked for Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!