Accelecare Wound Centers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael K. Lester

The atmosphere is great!

ProsCooperation between co-workers , great location

Consslight lack of interpersonal relationships.

Hyperbaric tech

Hyperbaric Technologist (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsGood Flexibility, independence, very comfortable and unique work environment, interesting field of medicine. Hospital staff is very friendly and informative. Physicians are very nice and pleasant to work with. Great opportunities for management and higher-ups. Program director is very friendly. Good pace, great team work. Excellent hospital and staff. The wound center is well recognized and respected.

ConsEducational and tuition reimbursement non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo educational reimbursement, communication could be better

Misled about job!

Program Director (Current Employee)

ProsThe work is very rewarding. Being a part of helping a patient heal a chronic wound is one of the best feelings!

ConsThe bonus structure is very unfair. Promises are made when hired, but when it comes to payout the rules change. Very disappointed in my overall experience and treatment as an employee. They tell you that you are salaried, but when needing time off PTO must be used. No comp time or credit for hours over 40 worked!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is out to further the company at all costs, even at the expense of their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Doctor Friendly

Doctor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to work for a doctor. They really understand how to partner with doctors and make their practices successful.

ConsWould like more leadership opportunities to move up in the organization for doctors in the group.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building a great doctor focused company

This business tolerates workplace bullying.

Clinical Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMonday thru Friday. work week. Wonderful patients.

ConsBullying tolerated by upper management. Bonuses based on number of patients seen. Encouragement in ordering unnecessary medical tests and procedures

Advice to Senior ManagementAnti-bullying classes for program directors.

Fun team, hard working and focused on growth

Director of Recruitment (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsThe people I work with including the Regional VP's the Directors of Clinical Education and many of the front line staff who are so dedicated to taking care of patients and improving people's quality of life. It's a fun group and that's important when you dedicate so many hours to working for a company.

ConsI think any company growing as quickly and in as many states as we are has challenges in how to build all the systems and processes to support the team. No company is perfect, but we continue to make investments and learn from our mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvesting in a time to bring the leadership together to meet is important and I appreciate that you are making this investment for us to get together.

Great!

ProsGreat healthcare team. Everyone loves what they do and are passionate about wound care!

ConsVery driven team and expect everyone to be very driven as well

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building opportunities for people to move up in the organization and be promoted

Great Place to work for Physicians

Physician (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat lifestyle balance, good compensation for physicians that want flexibility. Fast practice growth if you're willing to put in the work.

ConsNeed to be entrepreneurial and focused to make sure your business grows, can't just sit back and not manage your practice

Company does not honor contracts to physicians.

Wound Care Physician (Former Employee)

ProsPromising area of medicine with growing opportunities.

ConsRecruitment advertisements promise significantly higher pay for their LTC physicians than was actually realistic. Within a few months after signing several new physicians to 3-year contracts with a base salary plus RVU bonuses, Accelecare insisted we sign new contracts which took away all base salary and transitioned us to pure RVU reimbursement. Even though all patients requiring wound care were seen, the income potential they claimed was not feasible within their advertised 40-hour work week due to limitations at the LTC centers.
         Meetings with the CEO, Mike Lester, left a lasting impression that he had no respect for nor was he concerned about the company's physicians. We were simply pawns for him to use for the company's benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor your contracts and quit falsely advertising the pay potential in the long term care environment. Better yet, stay in the wound care clinic arena where you obviously have more experience.

Great place to grow

Sales (Current Employee)

Pros5 years of 25% YOY growth leads to some rapid changes. Infrastructure has had to evolve and grow to meet the new demands of scale. This leads to plenty of opportunity to grow your career if you can demonstrate your value.

ConsGrowth creates change. Your role will change over time, if you are uncomfortable with change this may be a tough place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep all energy focused on making the hospital and physicians happy and engaged.

Worked for Accelecare Wound Centers? Contribute to the Community!