Accelera Solutions Reviews

Chong (L.C.) Yi

1. Great company culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accelera is a small company that has experienced growing pains like any other small business. However, the thing that sets this company apart from the other government contractors I have worked for is the company culture. Management cares about employees and with that comes flexibility, trust, and many other benefits. Employees genuinely like working with each other and many are friends outside of the office. That leads to a much more pleasant working environment and it shows in the work they produce.

Cons

We had a rough time at the end of last year and the beginning of this year and they could have been handled better. I believe management has used that experience to make improvements to our processes that will avoid a similar situation in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue improving communication and transparency. Some employees jump to the most negative conclusion when they do not have an answer to their questions and it causes issues that would not otherwise exist.

2. Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Accelera Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Accelera is just like many other SMB's that have experienced success and failures. Over the last 12 months, Accelera has trimmed down and gone back to what it does well, while continuing to evolve in those technologies. As a company, they are moving in the right direction and are setting themselves up for the next phase of company growth and strategic development. Accelera offers a lot of opportunity for growth and everyone can make a difference here as is typical with most SMB's.

Cons

There is a very high level of overhead and company red tape. Lots of value is placed in certain areas of the company, but no value placed in others. This is due to a legacy way of operating.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate some of the legacy processes and ways of operating. Cut some of the overhead cost. Continue to listen to those who are trying to drive solutions, growth, and brand recognition.

Great place to learn

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart staff and everyone is empowered to dive in and contribute on projects. Lots of chances to learn new technologies and improve your skills.

Cons

Still has some small company mentalities, relying on key people rather than smooth processes.

Advice to Management

Set an example to rely on processes to enable growth. Let people's brainpower be used on the IT puzzles of the day, not trying to figure out how to submit a purchase request!

Mismanagement

Former Employee - Support Engineer in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get your Security Clearance if you don't already have one

Cons

Hostile Work Environment Worst Management i have ever experienced Blatant corruption and disregard for Information Security and Best Practices Company is not interested in investing in the employee Expectation to read your email and respond to things 24/7

Don't loose your company to outsourcing.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The top leadership have instituted serious plans to retool this organization. Making cuts where it counts and investing in a long term action plan that makes sense.

Cons

Growing pains. Recent changes have been a jagged pill for some. There are way too many chiefs and some are in way over their head.

Advice to Management

Don't loose your company to outsourcing. Invest in quality engineers. Build and leverage their credibility. The Engineering talent is sorely mismanaged.

Accelera isn't just a company, it’s a family.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never have I worked with or for a company that truly treated you like the person you are. All too often in this economy I hear from my friends about how they are treated as just another number by their employer. You will NOT find that here at Accelera. I read some of these negative reviews and can tell you that no matter where you work, you will always come across some sort of negativity. Accelera’s management truly cares about your success, stemming from the executive team down. In addition, SALARY HAS GOTTEN BETTER. With a recent reorg and new labor categories, they are very competitive for the market. Even the benefits have gotten better! Leaving Accelera was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make but all in all, without any hesitation, I would recommend this company to my family and friends. I have left with a vast amount of new knowledge and a career foundation I would not have been able to get anywhere else when it comes to the Cloud, Mobility and Virtual fields. I wish the company all of the best.

Cons

There are no real cons but you need to understand, Accelera is a small company, and with all small size companies there will be growing pains.

Advice to Management

You need to be more transparent with your employees and engage with your back office. Also, this may have been implemented after I started but if not, create an Accelera 101 on the products and services the organization offers. Make sure everyone from your Lead Architects, PM's, Accounting and HR Departments to Administrative Professionals have an in depth understanding of what it is Accelera does, (ABS*).

Awful, okay that probably isn't fair. Dreadful...

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Charleston, SC

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company does pay for some certificates. Security Clearance. If you don't have any experience in a help desk role. Plenty of free time to sit and debate where your life is going.

Cons

Every person they bring in has been told they can become a Systems Engineer, but the company has no interest in training to that level. Hostile work environment. People will report others for being off task or browsing whether they are on break or not. They are not very organized when bringing new employees in. Most of the time they are guessing which forms have been completed, where the equipment currently is, and who is even working on the training. Shift work switches every month making it very difficult to become use to the schedule. Shift work... If you work 3rd shift, be prepared to come in during the day (while you are off) to attend meetings. Schedule comes out very late making it difficult to plan what you want to do for the next month. There is not enough work to keep you busy for your entire shift.

Advice to Management

After multiple talks to management about issues, they still haven't listened to our complaints or change anything so no point in listing anything here.

Doors are closing on this place

Former Employee - Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wow, as so many others have said, it was the culture. This was the place to be. If you were a virtualization guy, Accelera was the place to be.

Cons

Weel, the short of it is that this place is in process of closing. Just last week, 17 more of us were let go. This company used to have over 120 employees just 1 year ago. Now with this recent reduction, there are less than 25 left. All of the veterans of the company are gone. There is no loyalty at all. There is no caring nor support from the execs anymore. They are now trying to figure out how to close and not lose their houses. So sad for this once great place, but all things must end and Accelera has come to that end.

Advice to Management

So sorry you couldn't make it work. Please just tell the truth and let this place go down with dignity. There is nembarrassment in failing, only in the lies.

Take a job anywhere but here

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Accelera for a long time and was a huge supporter of the company. In the early days (5 years ago minimum) it was a family company. The owners cared about their employees, you could talk to the owners and management about concerns and they would be addressed. We had top level engineers, we were paid bonuses and although the salary was below average the atmosphere more than made up with it.

Cons

Let's see.... they fire employees (2 weeks before Christmas no less) and and they can't replace engineers at the rate people are leaving. While there are good people there most senior people are leaving. Their is more money to be made elsewhere, there is more experience to be gained elsewhere. 401k - Doesn't match, Stock options - Fake and aren't worth anything, don't be fooled. Do yourself a favor and read the reviews, question why some reviews are 1's and others are 5's. Management requires that employees make reviews to raise their ratings because even they know how bad the company is.

Advice to Management

Own your mistakes. Everyone makes them, you have made plenty.... own them. Admit to your employees that you have failed and then give an actual plan to fix it. Quit saying how you are going to improve and then never improving. Quit making marketing promises (Stock options) we all know stock options are fake. If you can't tell an employee how much the stock is worth... it's value is 0. If you don't want to do the above then sell. Make some money, and sell to a new owner group who will improve the company. You had employees that wanted to fix things, tried to fix things and talked to you honestly and openly, those employees are no longer there because they were told they were the problem employees. It's a shame because you lost a lot of talented senior people, and you are still having problems. That proves that the senior guys were trying to help and cut them off.

Getting worse by the minute...

Current Employee - Sales in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well, this is hard to say. It used to be the people I worked with everyday, but they are all quitting or being let go that I can't rally say that now. Maybe it is the occasional work from home time. I find I am most productive when working from home, so I see this time as valuable.

Cons

There are so many downsides. Recently I watched the top sales talent in the company resign over comp plan issues. This shouldn't happen. Pay the people what they are worth. This goes for inside and outside sales. Unfortunately the company can't. It is simply bleeding so much cash that the employees are suffering. I am now scared that one day I will come in and the doors will be locked, with a note posted that says "Out of Business". Like most others, I have started my search as well. We all need to get ahead of this crumbling company. Recently the management has taken on the idea of managing us by fear. For instance with the sales staff, there were complaints about the new comp plans so they were voice. Boom! The next day, I see this fellow employee let go because they dared question the great and powerful leader. It makes me sick to think that this is what it has come too. The desperation is so great that it is like working under a dictator now. When did they forget that the employees make the company?? ***PLEASE STAY AWAY!!*** You can't be warned enough about this place. It is the biggest joke in the VAR business. And I say that very loosely as they fail to add value anymore.

Advice to Management

Please stop acting like you care. It is really a slap in the face now. I know you once did, but it is obvious that the time for that has passed. It would be easier to just show your real colors on day 1 so we know where you stand. Stop trying to manage by fear. Firing people because they don't agree with you is childish. Sure, it is your right because it is your company, but how is it really working out for you? How many great technical minds have left? How many solid sales staff are now gone? You all are now going to be the end of the very thing you started and you won't even get over yourselves long enough to see it. Focus on trying to get the company profitable and not just getting out your petty grudges.

RSS Feed </> Embed