Accelera Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chong (L.C.) Yi

Great Company, Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome people, advancement, great management

ConsHuge lack of structure that needs to be addressed

Advice to Senior Managementprocedures need to be implemented

Awesome culture, great management and great benefits.

Internal Operations Team (Current Employee)

Pros- Awesome all around culture. A very work hard, play hard type of environment, that is also very family oriented.
    - For an IT company, you are working with some down to earth, very personable engineers which makes for a great work environment!
    - It’s a virtual company so remote work and flex hours are allowed, (huge plus with the traffic we get in the DC area).
    - For IT, constantly working with the latest and greatest technologies.
    - Paid Training and Certifications. No cap per year either!
    - Management is some of the best I have ever seen.

ConsBase salary is roughly 85% market rate but the benefits are amazing. You can work for a large integrator where you are another number or at Accelera where you are truly viewed as an individual. Sometimes 90% market rate (which is typical for DC) isn’t always in your best interest.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you’re doing.

Great pace, fair, good people

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsThe Charleston office was opened a little over a year ago and hiring exploded. They had a lot of growing pains and personality conflicts. Since things have calmed down, they have a tight group of engineers led by a very fair and down to earth project manager (don't disappoint me!)

The govies are great to work with and take an active interest in the success of our project.

Team cohesiveness, work / life balance, time to pursue what YOU want to improve in the environment.

Pay is fair for the work and comp time is the norm.

The owners rock. They are all down to earth and a pleasure to be around.

ConsThe company is based in Virginia and as such, the information sent up hill is often a snapshot that is taken as the norm. Advancement opportunities appear to be few and far between, but they are there. The cream rises to the top. And if you have latitude to work on what is important to you while making good money, that helps.

Advice to Senior ManagementA friendly suggestion to show a little more love to remote offices.
    Monthly reviews. Nothing in an annual review should be a surprise.
    One on one meetings, with non management employees may give you a unique perspective into many areas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunities for growth, not a fun place to work anymore.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company will get you hands-on experience with cutting edge technologies. There are a lot of opportunities for growth if you're ambitious.

ConsCompany recently grew very quickly and the result was a disconnected organization with little leadership. You will be all by yourself wherever you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop investing in everything except your people. Investments in infrastructure, new product development, acquisitions, consultants, etc are certainly a part of growing a company...but so are your people and they're smart enough to know when you're really investing in them and when you're just trying to make it look like you are.

Lack of career growth

Support Engineer (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsGet to learn new skills.

ConsThere doesn't seem to be a chance to move up to System Engineer position. Management mentions that there are potential of moving up. They seem to always hire from outside instead of moving someone up from Support. Work hours suck with the current schedule setup for Support Engineers. Lead Engineer expects too much from the individuals when she lacks the management skill. She was friendly at the beginning when she was one of us until she became a lead. She appears to learn the same management skills from upper management by intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some career path for Support Engineers instead of hiring from outside. Better management instead of seeing management every other week. Management needs to be more positive instead of negative toward employees. Company needs to have a permanent manager at the office instead of a remote manager.

Amazing company, rapidly growing, startup

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsFast-paced, technology leader in virtualization. Open-door policy with the company owners leads to a culture of openness, fun and accountability. Excellent opportunity for learning and growth at all levels. Flexible work structure allows employees to work from wherever/whenever, focusing on deliverables.

ConsSmall company with requisite growing pains. Compensation is well below industry average. Lack of organizational maturity.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove inter-company communications and make compensation packages more competitive.

Worked for Accelera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!