Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers

Physical Therapy Aide

Current Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers

Pros

Friendly environment
    Great communication
    Learning experience
    Flexible hours

Cons

Low hours (about 20-25 a week)
    Low pay even if you have a BS and are going to school

Good Start if you want to be in this field

Current Employee - Physical Therapy Technician in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Physical Therapy Technician in Joliet, IL

I have been working at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pretty easy job. I help patients do their exercises and clean the clinic when needed. I'm also a floater so it is difficult learning new things from each therapist. They also pay for my gas mileage since I am a float.

Cons

No room for growth. Some therapist hand all their work to you and some are very condescending. Only doing this so I can get into PT school.

Don't pay the PT's too much. See how their schedule is, because some therapist work so much more than others. Some PT's only have 1 to 3 patients a day and they still get salaried.

Okay

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers

Pros

Good pay for starting out.

Cons

Busy busy busy. Lots to do. But comparable work for the salary.

I don't feel secure at AHS:(

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's close to home. I have been at AHS for a few months now. Easy going! CEO is friendly.

Cons

PTO time, insurance and 401K not good at all. Management is not friendly with employees. They only talk to you when there is an issue. Asking questions is almost a No-No. WOW! No 90 day review given to see how everything is going....

I had hire expectations for AHS, upper management should take some classes about how to communicate better with your staff maybe the turnaround will be less that way.

"Putting Profit First"

Current Employee - Front Office

I have been working at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the most part this is a good company to work for. Benefits and 401K are available (though they are both terrible). Some upper management are personable and easy to talk to.

Cons

The benefits are absolutely terrible! A deductible of $5,000 and out of pocket of $8,000 and when you meet that, they will only cover you at 80%.
    If you are not a facility manager you opinion does not matter. They will let 5 great employees quit rather than firing a therapist because they bring in the profit and they may have a good relationship with a referral source. Some of the upper management will ask you your opinion of how things are going in the clinic. When you tell them the issues you are having they make the problem bigger by pulling the "he said she said" card. Words of advice: Come in, do your job, and leave. Don't get involved with management. And don't open your mouth.

Accelerated use to be about "putting patients first" but at least once a month we get emails of yet another location that has opened. While the ones that are open now are loosing money and some having to close. If Accelerated focused on what they have they would be better off. Since we have opened so many more clinics, we have been under budget which caused a loss of a PTO day and no pay increase for a year.

The pay scale is less than desirable. Techs who work their butt's off all day make $9hr, front office who do more than a therapist make $15hr, and the therapist who sleep in the back office make roughly $32hr. If you are a female therapist you will be expected to work twice as hard as a male in the office. At least that's how it is in NWI. You will have a hard time balancing home with work because the DO will sign you up for multiple events 2 weekends a month. If you do not attend these you are "not a team player." Also, you do not get to pick your continued education courses, those are selected for you based on your location.

Focus on the clinics you have open instead of trying to "get our name out there." Listen to all of your employees. Including the little people. They are the reason your clinics are running, and the reason you are making money.

I worked at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers

Pros

Most of the non-management staff are genuinely good professionals.

Cons

Management is ruthless from the top down--show little to no respect for their employees.

Teach management some interpersonal skills and not just tyrannical tactics.

Wish for more growth opportunities..

Current Employee - Front Office

Pros

The premise of "Patients First" is strong within the company. Overall benefits are good, health insurance and 401K available. Great Christmas party. I did receive personal phone calls from senior management when clinic is doing well or completion of projects. The CEO is very employee friendly.

Cons

If you are not a clinician, PT, its hard to move up within the company even with degree.Regional coordinators assist the front office but work with 25+ other clinics on daily basis. Clinic staffing can be a bit difficult at time, so life - work balance can be compromised.

ATC Micro Managed

I have been working at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers full-time

Pros

Company as a whole is great to work for. They respect most reasonable requests.

Cons

Compensation is poor when compared to others. I have over 7 years experience and find out a new hire with no experience at all was offered 1k less than me.

Direct Manager is awful. Micro manages everything does not allow you to be your own athletic trainer. Manager is stuck in their old ways and thinks their way is the best way of doing things. Direct manager makes me want to leave a great company.

Stop talking bad about the previous company you worked for in meetings. All I ever hear is how bad they did things and how we cant do things like that etc....YOU WERE WITH THAT COMPANY FOR OVER 15 YEARS! It obviously wasnt that bad. This makes you less of a person that you would talk down like that and shows you dont have respect. Why should I want to work for someone who badmouths other companies how do I know your not doing the same about myself as an employee completely unprofessional!!!

Physical Therapy Technician

Former Employee - Physical Therapy Technician in Mishawaka, IN
    Former Employee - Physical Therapy Technician in Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Thank goodness I loved most of my coworkers.

Cons

No insurance given.
    HORRIBLE management..my manager would send us off to different people when we had questions, and bash other coworkers including her boss and our regional manager! So much like high school. Every time you turn around Accelerated is opening a new clinic when they have plenty of problems with the ones they have open now!

Listen to your employees. Everyone I worked with was so unhappy, and our management could not have cared less. While working there I had two different managers and over five coworkers quit in a short amount of time. My boss literally said, "I come into work every day, just so I can leave." Great leadership!?

Great experience. Patients first model is truly followed.

I worked at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers

Pros

Management treats therapists and other associates well and listens to feedback

Cons

Company is large and some clinics need to be renovated to keep up with the current culture of therapy clinics.

Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers Response

Aug 15, 2014HR Recruitment Manager

Thank you for the positive review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to post on Glassdoor!

Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers Photos