Accellion

Be The First To
Add Photos

Yorgen H. Edholm

Look at the big picture - Accellion is doing great

EMEA Marketing Director (Former Employee)

ProsA management team that is not scared to make big decisions and steer the company to success. Over its history Accellion has evolved and changed taking big gambles to be where it is today. These have almost always paid off often after much disapproval from others. Sure there is a quirkiness to the running of the company, but that's what you sometimes need to stand out from the crowd.

A culture that is a pleasure to work in. There is a real family feeling at Accellion. So long as you are delivering you are pretty well looked after and the people are really great.

The product really is differentiated in a massively competitive and very hot market. I saw with my own eyes some of the world largest enterprises customers choose Accellion after intense evaluations of huge players out there, i.e. Box, Citrix, Airwatch, Microsoft etc. I loved demoing the product at conferences and trade-shows - the response was so positive.

A really fantastic marketing team that is bold, ambitious, creative and superb at execution.

Accellion is growing, well run, extremely well thought of by analysts and has a great future.

ConsSure there is politics but no more than you would find anywhere else. In the same sense change is a constant so you need to be the kind of person that can handle a new mandate on the back of someones great idea or a market event.

There is a start-up mentality at Accellion so if you don't want to work hard, be proactive, get your hands dirty, take on cross functional responsibilities and be part of something great then you're better off taking the easy option and joining a big company.

The market is both at an early stage and extremely competitive. Its difficult to predict what the end game will be, but at least with Accellion you can enjoy the journey!

Advice to Senior ManagementBulk up in EMEA (particularly the UK), you're up against companies with huge sales forces and you need more feet on the ground, even if it takes a year for the investment to break even.

Very rewarding to work for

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsIf you are attracted to building, recreating or turning around a seasoned, established business this would be the opportunity to take. Market leader with great long term people and new talent and ideas.

ConsThere are some very smart people that own the business and the fight for capital, a fleet that needs work and a market that is growing make it challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course.

It runs well on 4 cylinder, imagine how good it would be on 6 cylinders

Sales (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsAccellion is a company where many really good people work everyday. I enjoyed smart, capable colleagues who can compete anywhere.

ConsThis is a difficult space. I think we all agree that mobile will be an important space, but is it urgently important today? Accellion has built a platform based on the assumption that mobile is an urgent IT problem that Accellion will help solve. If this assumption is incorrect, that's a problem.

Advice to Senior Managementunleash your employees to work had to win against your competitors and your own expectations. Currently there is no clear path to attack the market, so your teams work well, but they're not working at or near capacity.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Company To Work For In the Bay Area

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were the best part of this company.

ConsTheir management team is just terrible. They don't care about the people that work there and do nothing to promote a positive work environment. Almost every Exec and manager at this company is disrespectful, condescending and instead of helping you grow they bring you down. Their office culture is hard to describe because it's almost nonexistent. This company does not promote a good work environment and ironically, their management team has no people skills.
    I could never recommend this company to anyone. There are so many great companies and opportunities in the Bay Area, please don't waste your time and skills here.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider the members of your Management team. Some of them might not be the greatest fit and they're actually destroying the future of this company. Start to value your employees and not pretend that you do. Lastly, don't ignore your turnover rates and start doing something about it.

If you're looking for a start-up environment, keep looking...

ProsFlexible work environment and good benefits (can't compare to other tech companies though)

ConsThey claim to be a start-up, but they've been around for 15 years and still are not profitable, so that should be an indication of how well the company is doing. Terrible upper management team; no communication. It's pretty much a revolving door from the top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire.

a good place to be

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prospeople, product, personal growth opportunities, good benefits

Constypical high tech company issues, but there is a good team in place trying to tackle the issues. there are a few complainers, but most of the team is focused on success.

Advice to Senior Management'poll' or survey the employees to make sure you are hearing feedback firsthand, instead of waiting to get it from anonymous people posting on Glassdoor.

One of the most talented and amazing product and engineering team in the vally

Software Developer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsHighly challenging work. Fantastic team with a great attitude. Amazing nourishing work culture wanting to go to work every day. Great growing market with a very positive outlook. You go to work and learn something every day - very low ego co workers and management

ConsHighly crowded space with new entrants every day - nothing the company can do about

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what you are doing

Emerging Market Leader - Mobile

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsLots of opportunity for growth - well positioned versus competitors in a very hot market at the intersection of mobile, cloud, security. Later stage startup with great customer base and great new product!

ConsExpect a lot of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFloor the accelerator. Stay nimble.

Jobseeker beware: plenty of shill reviews left recently. Take a look at ALL the reviews to get the complete picture.

12 Years A Slave (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsIf you love mediocrity, you will fit in perfect here. You are welcome to start at 9:30, and by 3:30pm the place is a ghost town (but yet you aren't allowed to work from home). You can also enjoy such fringe benefits that people are accustomed to in the valley such as (directly from website):

Bayside trails
        Chocolate!
        Peet's Coffee
        Fun Friday lunches
        15 days of PTO your first year
        Chair massages
        A bucket of balls for the driving range

You might think this is the tip of the iceberg, but unfortunately, these are the highlights. At least you get unlimited Bayside trails.

ConsExecutive team changes direction every year, trying to ride the coat tails of main players in the space. Exodus of all the best talent, every quarter just like clockwork. The company started in late 90's, but it still calls itself a hot start-up? It's more like a cougar in a sea of hot chicks. The location is East of 101, basically East Palo Alto, but still PA by technicality. The main marketing message is based on scare tactics while spreading rumors about competitors. Notice how the main players never even comment on Accellion?

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company so it could be run by competent executives.

Marketing driven company, so the product is entirely branded

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI loved having the opportunity to learn new skills. The company paid for me to learn on the job. I loved what I was doing.

ConsSince Marketing owns the product, everything is branded. It was difficult for designers to get any work done, since Marketing had the final sign-off on product design.

Worked for Accellion? Contribute to the Community!