Accelovance Reviews

Stephen J. Trevisan

Growing CRO

Current Employee - Clinical Project Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Project Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Accelovance full-time

Pros

A company in rapid growth and expansion

Cons

Extensive changes in upper level management over past 5 months.

Advice to Management

Ensure a solid foundation of training, allowance of time to ensure study start-up is solid to facilitate optimal efficiency and minimize known risks.

Exciting place to work, great potential

I have been working at Accelovance

Pros

I've experienced excellent support from my managers and had the opportunity for promotions and career advancement. Work/Life balance has been respected and encouraged in my experience.

Cons

This is a fast-growing company that is working to keep up with its own growth, which can be difficult. Those who are on board with the changes have great opportunities to be part of something exciting, but there are always challenges with this kind of expansion. We're a bit behind with some internal systems and technology implementation.

Advice to Management

Keep on track with the current initiatives- engaging employees, defining paths for career growth, implementing new technologies, etc.

Director Clinical Operations

I have been working at Accelovance

Pros

Growing company with a lot of potential

Cons

Great place to work and grow

Advice to Management

Create a vision in which all can relate to

CRA

I worked at Accelovance (More than a year)

Pros

An opportunity to learn that I made a mistake by accepting a position with this company.

Cons

No leadership. No systems. No support. No encouragement. No opportunity to advance. No cooperation from executive management. No work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Close the company down and start over again. Or better yet, don't start over again.

RUN DONT WALK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accelovance

Pros

The best reason to work at Accelovance.....hmmmm.... can't think of one darn good reason!

Cons

I was a CRA, been working a long time in this field ...a "seasoned CRA" is what they call us. So, I know what works and what will not. This is most definitely one that does not! They will work you until your sick and still expect more out of you. Don't ever go permanent here, you'll be making less than min. wage in no time, since you'll be putting in 80 hours a week for starters. They promise relief but only give you more. You will not have a life and if you don't take on all the work they give you, you'll be fired. The benefits are horrible! I don't know what ever possessed me to work for this company. I have never bad - mouthed anyone, certainly not a company i have worked for. I am writing this purely so someone else can avoid the pain and disappointment I have been put through with this company. Honestly, I do not know how in the world they can continue. I gave this company my all, and they gave me nothing in return except a horrible memory of working in an environment that is not fit for dogs.

Advice to Management

Hire ... hire ... hire...you don't have enough people to run the studies currently underway and yet you keep on accepting new studies and burning everyone else out. Slow your roll, it's about quality not quantity. But you'll find this out soon enough when nobody will want to work for you.

Disengaged Company - horrible turnover - not for there people - more out for each others interest

Current Employee - Clerical in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Clerical in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Accelovance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great HR Team for who is left there anyway. We went through 2 VP Human Resources in 1.5 years..last guy we had at least knew how to communicate and treat people. I knew he would not last because he did not buy into the BS...but I liked him as did others because he was not a "bad seed" but an advocate all around for everyone.

Good location and only about 10 minutes from my house so it is an easy commute for me at least. Free Parking ids a plus and a cafeteria in the basement saves time from going out.

Cons

unstable management more at executive levels ...disrespectful attitude, , intimidation, hostile, harassing environment. you have to suck up to the team just to be accepted more so the clinical operations teams who have women in management positions who think they can run the entire company across the board many of them with pompous egos who go running to "mom or dad" directly to the top earn it does not go their way. Total lack of respect from Executive Management who think "they did you a favor by hiring you instead of you doing them a favor by working here.

Never accountability for people who work from home.. The finance officer is allowed to work from home every Friday but Accelovance does not allow others to work from home or telecommute but people do it anyway..and then you are subject to 3rd degree interrogation when you do work from home.... Inconsistent management practices and definitely disparity in who gets the perks . .Management is not people savvy.. treats everyone like "they owe him" mentality. A lot of cursing from Executive Team who don't care, more from the President/CEO who leaves his door open and does not care how he talks...I just have to suck it up and listen to him all the time..

No consent policy on who gets what for benefits etc.. if they like you you get extra vacation and stock ,, if not you get basic benefits, which by the way aren't that good...alot of disparity in the salary and benefits.

Advice to Management

Wake up and instead of drinking the coffee, smell it....you have e management issues from my line manager to the director in charge. Quit treating people like they owe you,,, you should be thankful many of these folks even came to work here..

Chaotic negative environment

Current Employee - Clinical Research in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Research in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Accelovance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work some good people who are at my level and I appreciate the free parking but that's about it.

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant. Management by intimidation and degradation. It seems like every week more people resign, many of them after only a month or two. Horrible morale issues for years and benefits are bare minimum -- they don't even offer a 401K match.

Advice to Management

Need to re-evaluate entire company philosophy and quit playing favorites -- a small group gets to run over anyone and everyone unfortunately with no repercussions They should value employees beyond lip service. Actions are much stronger than flowerly words.

Endless opporunities for career and personal growth if you are willing to work hard, be team oriented and positive!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Accelovance (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities for career advancement, challenging multi-therapeutic experiences, fun and supportive hard working teams.

Cons

Adapting to change that goes along with rapid growth can be challenging if you are not a proactive person who will reach out and seek what you need to get the job done

Advice to Management

Shift the paradigm where 3% of staff (non-performers) take up 90% of your time! Give more recognition to the "glue"that holds things together and always steps in to pick up the slack or clean up the issues.

Incompetent management operating a totally unprofessional environment.

Former Employee - CRA
    Former Employee - CRA

I worked at Accelovance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i enjoyed of the friendships I made and it was an easy commute for me. Not many other positives come to mind.

Cons

Poorly run company with lots of bullying and intimidation, particularly females. They probably make a lot of money but they do not care about the people that there. The turnover rate is unbelievably high. Small clique is allowed to operate and treat people however they want and most complaints are just ignored.

Advice to Management

As most reviews here show, the upper management staff just doesn't seem to care much. Upper management seems to believe they can do now wrong. The company culture is one of intimidation.

Nightmare

Former Employee - CRA in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - CRA in Rockville, MD

I worked at Accelovance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

The clinical operations department doesn't know or follow their own SOPs.
    The company expects the employees to fund the manditory travel and expenses, and get re-imbursed, if their manager "approves"..................about 20-45 days later
    Disorganized, un professional, field staff has 1-2 years experience
    lack of professionalism seems to be the theme.
    The management style is untolerable. Drama, micromanagement, threatening. Not professional. No integrity.

Advice to Management

start over - I was FORCED to add one star to submit the review. I would rather have not listed any. No quality in this company. The award they speak of ... well - they must have been purchased. My overall rating is (00000000000)

Accelovance Response

Feb 3, 2015Human Resources

Accelovance is an award-winning, niche CRO focused primarily in oncology, vaccines, and general medicine. 2014 was a record year for growth. Our commitment to providing quality services starts with ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed