Accent Group (Michigan)

Accent Group (Michigan) Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014

Lindsay Schaible

Goal Orientated - Upbeat Environment

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee)
    Farmington Hills, MI

ProsLearning a lot thru the management training program with Accent Group. I had zero marketing experience and needed to find a company that was willing to provide hands on training. I accepted the position with the intention to have hands-on experience added to my resume, though I have really enjoyed the environment, my co-workers and the travel opportunities that I have turned this into my career focus!

ConsAt first I was overwhelmed with the amount of responsibilities and looked at them as a negative vs understanding I was developing a skillset to become self-managable.
    A lot of self accountability is needed for the position, which I lacked initially.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe environment is so fun! I like feeling like a part a team

Pyramid Pests

Marketing Representative (Former Employee)
    Farmington Hills, MI

Pros- Did teach about marketing

Cons- You have to spend money on gas to go ALL OVER Michigan for the different company roadshows you will be marketing.

- Almost everyone there seems like a greasy salesman, they have no interest in other co-workers

- You work 12 hour shifts, and then typically have about an hour of conference calls after

- You work about 9 or 10 days in a row, AND THEN get a 1.5 day "weekend" on a Monday/Tuesday morning

- It is a total pyramid scheme and you work all that time while top management goes on big vacations, brags about lavish lifestyle, etc.

- You don't get a lunch break and you are not allowed to sit during the 12 hours

Overall positive experience

Marketing Representative (Former Employee)
    Farmington Hills, MI

ProsLiked the quick growth, learned a lot about training others.
    If you put in the effort you can make good money in a leadership role.
    Management helpful in reaching goals.

ConsCan be long hours while events are running.
    Travel usually optional but can be long commute times going to events.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication, everyone on the same page from top to bottom.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pyramid Scheme

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeaches you how to effectively manipulate people.

ConsThe manager is VERY biased towards women.
    50-75% of new employees don't make it past 2 weeks.
    Commission vs. Hourly; they are very deceptive about how you get paid. You are told that you get paid for the morning meetings (which are held in Farmington Hills and are mandatory, regardless of where you live and where your event is), but you only get paid for them if you don't sell enough to make commission.
    You are told that sales don't matter and taught that if you follow their systems, everyone will sell the same. Yet you get zero perks and minimum wage if you are put in a slow club, with the excuse that "everyone should sell at least $800/day"
    The whole layout screams pyramid scheme. In the management training program, you are taught that the entire goal is to get your own company and that you will make at least $80k your first year. What they don't tell you is that this is only the case if you train people to open up businesses beneath you, for which you pull a profit. Several first and second year managers that I've spoken with have either a) made barely $20k for their first year or b) have been demoted from their "own" company by corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more discriminate with your hiring.
    Be more honest with your payment practices.

Great place to work

Event Intern (Former Employee)
    Farmington Hills, MI

ProsVery hands on internship. I learned a lot about promotional marketing in a short period of time both at the events and in the office.

Flexible schedule

Gas reimbursement for travel to the event locations

Co-workers

Fulfilled my internship requirements, allowed me to work over holidays when I was back from school

Growth opportunity for employees

ConsThe events were some times far but at least they pay for gas

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-I learned, early on in this business, how dishonest people will be to promote their business and their products.

Cons-A lot of hours, time & dedication for very little pay.

-dishonesty by employer, superiors and co-workers.

-Preached moral practices that were not practiced. Very much wanted to believe in what was discussed every morning, but disappointed when watching the leaders not live up to the words they spoke about.

-Some of the products they sell within Sam's & Costco aren't nice quality. Basically, there's a fine line between helping someone pick out a product and tricking them into buying junk.

-Unprofessional in the way they preach about "honest conversations" but when it comes down to it they'll avoid them (immature & irresponsible)

-Schedule is only 4 days at a time--impossible to plan anything outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with employees.

event marketer

Event Planner (Former Employee)
    Farmington Hills, MI

Prosyou can gain experience by doing this job but its not a good one. you demo products inside of costco.

Consdemoing products is not what i went to school for. this job was meaning less and was not worth it.

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest with your employees

Worked for Accent Group (Michigan)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accent Group (Michigan) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accent Group (Michigan) CEO Lindsay Schaible. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Accent Group (Michigan) employees.