AccentCare Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
2.9

Stephan S. Rodgers

The ship has turned and we are headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Vice President Human Resources in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Human Resources in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The strategy around our Mission and Vision that is being rolled out to the organization right now is very energizing. Accentcare is performing well this year and we are looking forward to next year and making it the "year of the people" I'm personally excited about the direction of the company and believe that we are on our way to being best in class.

Cons

The cons are really around the change in regulations and the changes in Healthcare itself.

Keep the ship moving in the right direction, continue to focus on leadership and the employees who are the backbone of the company

Feel Good Employer

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

AccentCare's mission and vision in the community is an impactful reason I love my job. Our goal is to improve the health of our neighbors in our communities. We give patients the opportunity to feel comfortable within their own homes while on the mend from an illness, accident, or condition.

Cons

AccentCare is the merge of three strong companies: AccentCare, Texas Home Health, and Guardian Home Health, along with several other smaller companies. We've had growing pains merging the three cultures, processes, and procedures into One Company, One Team, One Purpose. But every day I feel I have a part in shaping our company for the future!

Communication is the key to building a strong culture. Share with your team the goals of the company and how we fit within the strategy to get us there. Be sure and reward your colleagues publicly for going above and beyond the call of duty to make AccentCare valuable to our customers, clients, and colleagues.

Great company!

I have been working at AccentCare full-time

Pros

I love working here because of the great people. The dedication, compassion and focus on collaboration in order to meet the goals of the organization drives me everyday.

Cons

The con is more to do with the challenge in working in healthcare today. Its changing faster than anyone can adapt and that makes things harder but its not AccentCare's fault.

Continue to work on developing your leaders and recognizing the efforts of your employees. It goes a long way to build the culture.

Good Company with great employees, supportive management and great office environment

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great energy; opportunity to make an impact; teams that work together and support the Company vision; leadership that communicates and values employees; forward looking, investing in projects for growth.

Cons

Working through challenges that come with change and growth and not always being able to reach a project goal as quickly as you would like to.

By far the best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Leadership is supportive and encouraging. They are compassionate and are committed to building a great culture where everyone feels valued and engaged. This company is growing at an incredible pace and has done an fantastic job of keeping everyone informed and on board with the changes. It is never forgotten that we are here, first and foremost, to serve our patient's needs.

Cons

The only thing I can say that is less than positive would be the high deductible in the Medical plan. But I understand that is the case at every company these days.

Keep listening to the "troops in the field" and making changes accordingly. Thanks for implementing processes that enable clinicians to spend more time delivering care and less time documenting the care we gave.

Great growing company!

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great strategic direction and energy, caring and focused leadership team, best development programs and career opportunities, culture of teamwork and collaboration

Cons

So many opportunities not enough time, but such a great problem to have!!

Continue to engage and value your employees...we appreciate your investment and support!

Covina

Former Employee - LVN in West Covina, CA
    Former Employee - LVN in West Covina, CA

I worked at AccentCare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful staff. Very professional yet approachable.

Cons

Drop off box for notes is on the second floor. Not enough lighting so dont go at night.

Good Staff, Good Pay, Care about the patients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for some time now and I believe they are a good company. They truly care about the patients and the staff which is the most important thing in my eyes. The staff enjoy and respect one another and it is a nice office environment.

Cons

They are growing so sometimes have growing pains however I think they are trying hard to listen and make things work. Raises have been non-existant in the last couple of years but seems like it is that way many places.

Never Any Hours.

Current Employee - LVN in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AccentCare

Pros

Staff is polite. That's it.

Cons

Not enough information given about patient before you arrive.
    Last minute schedules.
    No/ not enough hours given a month.

Stop hiring people if you don't have clients!

RN hospice. Be prepared to sign over your life if you hire on with this company.

Former Employee - Hospice RN in Windsor, CO
    Former Employee - Hospice RN in Windsor, CO

I worked at AccentCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers and local management were awesome people. All very knowledgeable, kind and compassionate.

Cons

The boundaries set by the company are very loose and take advantage of the staff. They will ask you to work 60 hours a week case managing then want you to be on call a week night and ALL weekend long for your salary. Millage is compensated poorly, the miles I entered were not the same as what they paid. They did not provide equipment needed for the job so it often comes out of your own pocket. They are very irregular about paying for phone compensation. They did not provide any retirement benefits. The insurance was weak. Its very difficult to get a vacation due to frequent turnover and if you don't use it you loose it. No annual pay raises.

This company would run much better if they would delete the corporate level. They are top heavy and out of touch with the field staffs needs. To be a successful hospice, they really need to staff for continuous care availability or offer an in-patient unit.

AccentCare Photos