AccentCare

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
3.6

Stephan S. Rodgers

Pros
  • I feel unbelievably blessed to be part of such a wonderful group of people who live our mission and vision every day (in 3 reviews)

• At a local level the people are truly compassionate and are extremely able in regards to patient care (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in three years (for the small people), extremely high medical costs with no co-pay plan and no 401K match (in 4 reviews)

• They are growing so sometimes have growing pains however I think they are trying hard to listen and make things work (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful company making a difference to the aging population

I have been working at AccentCare

Pros

Great company trying to change the face of post acute care in the home case setting. Constantly looking for ways to improve and be a leader in the marketplace.

Cons

Insurance limitations because of current healthcare conditions.

Great Company, Great Emplolyees, I love my job!

Current Employee - Rehab Program Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Rehab Program Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been in my role 10+ years. I have just about seen it all. I love this company. I love the people I work with. I know first-hand we make every effort to hire and retain the best employees. Hard workers get promoted, praised, and bonused. I'm also lucky to work for the best supervisors... They are supportive and helpful. I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

The health benefits seem expensive for a family and 401k is limited (I’m restricted on how much I can contribute each year).

none

Great company with innovative programs

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent forward thinking company that encourages thinking out of the box to meet our patient's needs. I have worked for this company for almost 10 years and could not imagine being part of a better team.

Cons

AccentCare is growing very quickly and with that comes some growing pains, but they are constantly looking to hire excellent people

Continue to encourage forward thinking and allowing good ideas (even if not the norm) to be heard

The best company I have worked for.

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All employees are valued and listened to. Emphasis is on teamwork. It has the highest ethical and compliance standards and never waver from these. Customer service is a primary focus. It is the most professional organization I have worked for, because of the leadership and corporate culture. Excellent performance is rewarded and shared with the organization. Clinical excellence guides all aspects of care.

Cons

Only challenge is to live up to the high expectations of excellence.

It's a privilege to part of such a great Team and Organization!

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with AccentCare from the beginning and have watched the struggles to merge diverse people, processes and companies into one. What has resulted is an innovative organization on the verge of being the leader in our industry. Even wiith all the healthcare changes and challenges there continues to be a united focus on patient care and employee relations through education, communication, improvement in technology, and by hiring strong leaders and stellar clinicians. I'm convinced some of the best minds and hearts in our industry work at AccentCare and are leading us into an even more rewarding and exciting future!

Cons

I'm fortunate to be in a challenging and creative role that provides few "cons". The cost of healthcare insurance and benefits package could certainly be better but without direct comparison they may be comparable to other businesses in size and portfolio.

Focus more support on the regional and branch levels to build strong clinical teams and provide them the leadership that is deserved. Company growth and recognition in the industry is vital to overall success, but constant change and re-direction can create an atmosphere of chaos and lack of focus on what is most important - patient and employee satisfaction..

Great company to work for

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my job, I love what I do day in and day out. I feel respected on a daily basis, and I am valued for the role I play. My manager is accessible and listens to my concerns. I respect the company's leadership and trust that they are striving to move the company, and employees, in the right direction. The paid time off plan is very good.

Cons

Areas for improvement: Team building: a concentrated effort needs to be put into this area to grow solid, long-term and effective teams on all levels. Bonus Structure needs evaluation, preferably from an outside source. The department I am in is very far behind in technology, but steps are being made to correct this (but it's very slow moving). Training is highly valued in certain parts of the company, and a lot of money and effort is put into it, but in other areas, training is almost non-existant and it is up to each local office to make it on their own.

A concentrated effort needs to be made for team building. It may be an expenditure, but is necesary to grow solid, long-term and effective teams on all levels. Please reconsider salary and bonus structure. I'm told there is a freeze on raises and has been for a long time. This is unfair and will make people start looking elsewhere. Last, please work on having training programs in ALL lines of business. Some areas get a lot of attention with training. Others get none.

Micromanage - really only care about money but say otherwise.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at AccentCare

Pros

Coworkers are good. Easy to get along with yet all secretly share disappointment with company

Cons

They ask specific employees to write here - they ask the ones who are happy or seem so. Since they have been asked, of course they are only going to write positive things Company claims to be about the team but there is little respect or team input. Input is asked for and then ignored. Micromanage everything - even people who have been in the business for many years and whose expertise could be of great value. I had high hopes for the new management but am very disappointed. Turnover is horrible. Morale is horrible. We are treated like kindergartners not professionals.

Allow your team to shine. They bring a lot with them and are a great resource.

Great company

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people that work here are friendly, helpful, and care a great deal about the company's mission

Cons

Company going through a lot of changes. Total compensation and benefits need to be reviewed.

Excellent Work Environment

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ideal working conditions for team and collaborative efforts. I truly enjoy the balance of direction and flexibility I'm given to create and complete tasks and bring my individual value to the company. Direct manager and co-workers are a great influence and support system; one of the better cohesive environments I've been in as a professional.

Cons

I have spend most of my professional career in outside industries, so the benefits really hit hard for me and my family. I do recognize that the overall healthcare benefit environment has changed and struggled, as many of my professional friends are saying similar things about their benefits.

Stay connected to the work engines that fuel our success. It is very easy to disconnect from perceptions versus realities. And given our industry challenges, being present will save us from unnecessary turnover and/or disgruntled work sessions.

The ship has turned and we are headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Vice President Human Resources in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Human Resources in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The strategy around our Mission and Vision that is being rolled out to the organization right now is very energizing. Accentcare is performing well this year and we are looking forward to next year and making it the "year of the people" I'm personally excited about the direction of the company and believe that we are on our way to being best in class.

Cons

The cons are really around the change in regulations and the changes in Healthcare itself.

Keep the ship moving in the right direction, continue to focus on leadership and the employees who are the backbone of the company

AccentCare Photos