AccentCare
www.accentcare.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

AccentCare Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
AccentCare – US – “Where it all began”

Stephan S. Rodgers

Its ok.

ProsPromotions are good, but salary is low. Good place to get experience.

ConsNo raises. Freeze on salaries or so they say. Turn over is rampant. Good people are always leaving for more pay elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe large turn over of workers in this company is not cost effective, but management seems to think that its unavoidable in home health. Having to hire and train over and over, is bad for moral, and so unneccessary. But thanks for all the experience and training. I'm now looking for a job elsewhere....

I worked for Accent for a little over a year and a half as a Home Health Coordinator in Houston and in Dallas.

Home Health Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsVery little supervision- very relaxed schedule
    Great training program in Dallas at the corporate office

ConsVery little supervision
    Territory managers are stretched too thing and give the sale people very little attention

Supportive relationship until new management came in and started eliminating positions and firing staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInitially, patient focused to provide quality services in the home while coordinating care with the physician. Supported education of staff, recognition programs for staff and maintained operations while supporting the mission and values of the company.

ConsNew management came in, fired the old guard and began cutting positions and staff in the outlining branches limiting resources available to care for the patients on a local level. Bonuses were cut, upper level management started writing people up and eliminating positions. No salary raises for over three years. Staff on leave due to medical issues were threatened with their job unless they returned immediately. Work environment was tense, stressful, vicious at times, and there is no loyalty on any level.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify the staff that have continually done the superior job, met objectives and goals set and continue to run a positive service representing the company on a daily basis. Be careful who you listen to. They are only trying to climb the corporate ladder at anyone's expense. If you are fat at the corporate level, you need to start cutting there before you eliminate staff at the local level. Staff taking care of the patients at the local level are making the company money. Staff should not be fearful for their job because of the hostile environment you created.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Higher Management is a disgrace and need to be trained on how to keep their team happy!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy Coworkers were great they all felt as stressed and anxiety ridden as I did so you were able to have someone be sympathetic. The also agreed that the Directors were horrible and did not give a crap about their teams that reported to them! Never have seen anything like this in my life!

ConsNo raises no review's ..but senior level management repeatedly talk about the bonuses they get on Accentcare Team Wide conference calls. One member of the Senior level management team said they needed their bonus because they have a life event to pay for on the same call the CEO said no raises... Nice..so I guess the worker bees do not need bonuses or raises! Just more work with zero appreciation!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a Temp check with people. If people keep saying these people are toxic then they are..Keep your people Happy!! And Always Remember...there are no bad companies... Just bad management!!!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Culture shift away from human capital valuation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to serve clients in need (limited due to understaffing in branches).

ConsUpper management. Understaffed. No safe avenue for employees to be able to discuss concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementWho is monitoring upper management decisions affecting branch employees?? If there is a higher than normal exodus doesn't that say something?

This is okay for the most part.

Home Health Aide (Current Employee)
    Circleville, OH

ProsYou get to work one on one with clients as well as pick and choose your hours.

ConsSometimes you don't get many hours to choose from and the have had a pay freeze for the past 6 years at least. Some HHA are still at 8.00 and hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to give your employees a raise some time.. I still haven't got mine since I was hired despite great reviews from clients and supposedly no complaints from management.

Proceed with caution!

Dallas, TX

ProsThey try to make the employees feel appreciated with a monthly bagel breakfast. The people, most of them, are nice.

ConsA lot of drama here. The turnover is ridiculous. The company isn't doing well financially. No raises in three years (for the small people), extremely high medical costs with no co-pay plan and no 401K match. The company spends a ton of money and wastes a lot too. The mid-level mgmt is out of touch with the employees and pretty much just don't care. They give "selective" raises and bonuses to upper mgmt (Directors and above) and field staff. Support Center employees get nothing...except bagels.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the small people - those doing the work every single day. If you listen, they will let you know what is wrong. You can't rely on the mid mgmt to tell you anything, because they are too out of touch and do not care at all.

Great work experience, Poor reorganization process.

RN, Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe people in my department were an exceptional group. The senior leadership of the Company needs more insight and experience.

ConsLack of organization at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementTotal lack of compassion from Top management. Poor practice from HR department

Hire great people and get great results! Not at this place!

Technology (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIt is healthcare where people are compassionate and friendly but the leaders aren't. It is all about them and they don't necessarily care about others.

ConsNot enough room to add all the cons. Company should work with strategy company to evaluate current people and eliminate a bunch of dead weight in management. Poor poor decisions that have lead to major revenue loss.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no strategy, no accountability which equals a bad overall outcome. Attrition rate of internal employees is off the charts. Outsourcing is not always a company fix, it is more of a band aid for executives that don't have a clue. Quit hiring down and hire up! Tons of talent out there that could blow away the current internal management team.Go find them instead of consistently pushing top talent out the door.

Awful! At least Texas Home Health is!

RN Case Manager (Former Employee)
    Waco, TX

ProsLots of smokers, if you're one - one of the few health companies I know of with lots of smokers, especially in management and training

ConsHorrible computer system, abuse salaried workers who have to take work home nights and weekends to handle the heavy work load, poor training for nurses (sent out a new nurse to admit a patient with a wound vac who had no training or experience with it). EXTREME high stress, lack of proper training, unhappy employees, and HIGH turnover. I was entitled to severance pay but HR ignored that - no response whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop marathon training sessions and give new hires a chance to absorb information by offering timely breaks and lunch (was in a session that went non-stop from 8 AM 'til 2 PM when we finally got a lunch break). Ensure your staff has ALL the training they need to perform their jobs competently BEFORE assigning them. Also, are you aware upcoding is FRAUD???

Worked for AccentCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AccentCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AccentCare CEO Stephan S. Rodgers. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by AccentCare employees.