AccentCare Reviews

Stephan S. Rodgers

Covina

Former Employee - LVN  in  West Covina, CA
    Former Employee - LVN in West Covina, CA

I worked at AccentCare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful staff. Very professional yet approachable.

Cons

Drop off box for notes is on the second floor. Not enough lighting so dont go at night.

Good Staff, Good Pay, Care about the patients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for this company for some time now and I believe they are a good company. They truly care about the patients and the staff which is the most important thing in my eyes. The staff enjoy and respect one another and it is a nice office environment.

Cons

They are growing so sometimes have growing pains however I think they are trying hard to listen and make things work. Raises have been non-existant in the last couple of years but seems like it is that way many places.

RN hospice. Be prepared to sign over your life if you hire on with this company.

Former Employee - Hospice RN  in  Windsor, CO
    Former Employee - Hospice RN in Windsor, CO

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers and local management were awesome people. All very knowledgeable, kind and compassionate.

Cons

The boundaries set by the company are very loose and take advantage of the staff. They will ask you to work 60 hours a week case managing then want you to be on call a week night and ALL weekend long for your salary. Millage is compensated poorly, the miles I entered were not the same as what they paid. They did not provide equipment needed for the job so it often comes out of your own pocket. They are very irregular about paying for phone compensation. They did not provide any retirement benefits. The insurance was weak. Its very difficult to get a vacation due to frequent turnover and if you don't use it you loose it. No annual pay raises.

This company would run much better if they would delete the corporate level. They are top heavy and out of touch with the field staffs needs. To be a successful hospice, they really need to staff for continuous care availability or offer an in-patient unit.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Accentcare

Former Employee - Care Partner  in  Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Care Partner in Riverside, CA

I worked at AccentCare as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

you can work as many hours as you would like

Cons

they give the jobs to there favorites first

Good Work Environment / Mediocre Pay/Benefits.

Former Employee - Management  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Irvine, CA

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pleasant work environment. Staff and upper management are easy to work with. Company poised for growth as the percentage of retired/elderly grows.

Cons

Pay/benefits not on par with industry. Struggle to compete with "mom and pop" personal care businesses. Too many low margin customers.

Need to narrow business focus - improve customer base to increase profitability.

Open shcedule, choice of working area, choice of clients to work with. Inexperienced coworkers, no room for growth.

Former Employee - Caregiver  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Available to shcedule any time/day of work and the management will match choices with client list.
    Ability to choose type of work environment (residential/nursing home), specific clients, and specific work area.

Cons

Must have reliable car, gas reimbursement is small or non-existent, at times chosen schedule/area of work is unavailable and one is forced to drive long distances, work in unprofessional environments. Inexperienced caregivers often assigned to extremely difficult to take care of clients because management knows experience caregivers refuse to work there. Often assigned as a single caregiver to clients requiring at least two people , coerced into working alone on two person jobs. Often required to stay overtime, up to 16 hours long days, when other coworkers simply do not show for work.

GREAT idea, terrible management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees at the individual sites are great, there are a lot of people at the lower levels that care alot. In my time with the company I've meet some great individuals that really want to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.

Cons

Culture within the company is toxic. Management is weak, so people have learned that if they shout the loudest and cause problems, they will get what they want. Consequently, the voices of the nastiest people hold sway; often times over general commonsense.
    This has also tends to have the company shifting directions constantly. Someone will scream so they will start a project with no planning or forethought, everyone will be pulled onto a new project, money will be spent, and the project will collapse once people realize that it was never really viable to begin with. I have seen LITTERALLY millions of dollars wasted in this exact cycle in my time with the company.
    Unfortunately, the chronic mismanagement and waste is blamed on the lower level employees. Thus, we face twice yearly "reductions in force" (layoffs), haven't received raises in years and had our benefits practically eliminated because the company is losing money. This is made further insulting because every year the management level gets bonuses that equal many of our salaries.

If we have to lay off people and remove our benefits to make ends meet, then there isn't enough money to take bonuses at the management level.
    A major housecleaning is needed at the C level.

Its ok.

I have been working at AccentCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Promotions are good, but salary is low. Good place to get experience.

Cons

No raises. Freeze on salaries or so they say. Turn over is rampant. Good people are always leaving for more pay elsewhere.

The large turn over of workers in this company is not cost effective, but management seems to think that its unavoidable in home health. Having to hire and train over and over, is bad for moral, and so unneccessary. But thanks for all the experience and training. I'm now looking for a job elsewhere....

I worked for Accent for a little over a year and a half as a Home Health Coordinator in Houston and in Dallas.

Current Employee - Home Health Coordinator
    Current Employee - Home Health Coordinator

I have been working at AccentCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very little supervision- very relaxed schedule
    Great training program in Dallas at the corporate office

Cons

Very little supervision
    Territory managers are stretched too thing and give the sale people very little attention

Supportive relationship until new management came in and started eliminating positions and firing staff

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Initially, patient focused to provide quality services in the home while coordinating care with the physician. Supported education of staff, recognition programs for staff and maintained operations while supporting the mission and values of the company.

Cons

New management came in, fired the old guard and began cutting positions and staff in the outlining branches limiting resources available to care for the patients on a local level. Bonuses were cut, upper level management started writing people up and eliminating positions. No salary raises for over three years. Staff on leave due to medical issues were threatened with their job unless they returned immediately. Work environment was tense, stressful, vicious at times, and there is no loyalty on any level.

Identify the staff that have continually done the superior job, met objectives and goals set and continue to run a positive service representing the company on a daily basis. Be careful who you listen to. They are only trying to climb the corporate ladder at anyone's expense. If you are fat at the corporate level, you need to start cutting there before you eliminate staff at the local level. Staff taking care of the patients at the local level are making the company money. Staff should not be fearful for their job because of the hostile environment you created.

Worked for AccentCare? Contribute to the Community!