AccentCare Reviews

Working for Accentcare

Former Employee - Care Partner  in  Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Care Partner in Riverside, CA

I worked at AccentCare as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

you can work as many hours as you would like

Cons

they give the jobs to there favorites first

Good Work Environment / Mediocre Pay/Benefits.

Former Employee - Management  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Irvine, CA

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pleasant work environment. Staff and upper management are easy to work with. Company poised for growth as the percentage of retired/elderly grows.

Cons

Pay/benefits not on par with industry. Struggle to compete with "mom and pop" personal care businesses. Too many low margin customers.

Need to narrow business focus - improve customer base to increase profitability.

Open shcedule, choice of working area, choice of clients to work with. Inexperienced coworkers, no room for growth.

Former Employee - Caregiver  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Available to shcedule any time/day of work and the management will match choices with client list.
    Ability to choose type of work environment (residential/nursing home), specific clients, and specific work area.

Cons

Must have reliable car, gas reimbursement is small or non-existent, at times chosen schedule/area of work is unavailable and one is forced to drive long distances, work in unprofessional environments. Inexperienced caregivers often assigned to extremely difficult to take care of clients because management knows experience caregivers refuse to work there. Often assigned as a single caregiver to clients requiring at least two people , coerced into working alone on two person jobs. Often required to stay overtime, up to 16 hours long days, when other coworkers simply do not show for work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GREAT idea, terrible management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees at the individual sites are great, there are a lot of people at the lower levels that care alot. In my time with the company I've meet some great individuals that really want to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.

Cons

Culture within the company is toxic. Management is weak, so people have learned that if they shout the loudest and cause problems, they will get what they want. Consequently, the voices of the nastiest people hold sway; often times over general commonsense.
    This has also tends to have the company shifting directions constantly. Someone will scream so they will start a project with no planning or forethought, everyone will be pulled onto a new project, money will be spent, and the project will collapse once people realize that it was never really viable to begin with. I have seen LITTERALLY millions of dollars wasted in this exact cycle in my time with the company.
    Unfortunately, the chronic mismanagement and waste is blamed on the lower level employees. Thus, we face twice yearly "reductions in force" (layoffs), haven't received raises in years and had our benefits practically eliminated because the company is losing money. This is made further insulting because every year the management level gets bonuses that equal many of our salaries.

If we have to lay off people and remove our benefits to make ends meet, then there isn't enough money to take bonuses at the management level.
    A major housecleaning is needed at the C level.

Its ok.

I have been working at AccentCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Promotions are good, but salary is low. Good place to get experience.

Cons

No raises. Freeze on salaries or so they say. Turn over is rampant. Good people are always leaving for more pay elsewhere.

The large turn over of workers in this company is not cost effective, but management seems to think that its unavoidable in home health. Having to hire and train over and over, is bad for moral, and so unneccessary. But thanks for all the experience and training. I'm now looking for a job elsewhere....

I worked for Accent for a little over a year and a half as a Home Health Coordinator in Houston and in Dallas.

Current Employee - Home Health Coordinator
    Current Employee - Home Health Coordinator

I have been working at AccentCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very little supervision- very relaxed schedule
    Great training program in Dallas at the corporate office

Cons

Very little supervision
    Territory managers are stretched too thing and give the sale people very little attention

Higher Management is a disgrace and need to be trained on how to keep their team happy!

I worked at AccentCare

Pros

My Coworkers were great they all felt as stressed and anxiety ridden as I did so you were able to have someone be sympathetic. The also agreed that the Directors were horrible and did not give a crap about their teams that reported to them! Never have seen anything like this in my life!

Cons

No raises no review's ..but senior level management repeatedly talk about the bonuses they get on Accentcare Team Wide conference calls. One member of the Senior level management team said they needed their bonus because they have a life event to pay for on the same call the CEO said no raises... Nice..so I guess the worker bees do not need bonuses or raises! Just more work with zero appreciation!

Do a Temp check with people. If people keep saying these people are toxic then they are..Keep your people Happy!! And Always Remember...there are no bad companies... Just bad management!!!

Supportive relationship until new management came in and started eliminating positions and firing staff

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Initially, patient focused to provide quality services in the home while coordinating care with the physician. Supported education of staff, recognition programs for staff and maintained operations while supporting the mission and values of the company.

Cons

New management came in, fired the old guard and began cutting positions and staff in the outlining branches limiting resources available to care for the patients on a local level. Bonuses were cut, upper level management started writing people up and eliminating positions. No salary raises for over three years. Staff on leave due to medical issues were threatened with their job unless they returned immediately. Work environment was tense, stressful, vicious at times, and there is no loyalty on any level.

Identify the staff that have continually done the superior job, met objectives and goals set and continue to run a positive service representing the company on a daily basis. Be careful who you listen to. They are only trying to climb the corporate ladder at anyone's expense. If you are fat at the corporate level, you need to start cutting there before you eliminate staff at the local level. Staff taking care of the patients at the local level are making the company money. Staff should not be fearful for their job because of the hostile environment you created.

Proceed with caution!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

They try to make the employees feel appreciated with a monthly bagel breakfast. The people, most of them, are nice.

Cons

A lot of drama here. The turnover is ridiculous. The company isn't doing well financially. No raises in three years (for the small people), extremely high medical costs with no co-pay plan and no 401K match. The company spends a ton of money and wastes a lot too. The mid-level mgmt is out of touch with the employees and pretty much just don't care. They give "selective" raises and bonuses to upper mgmt (Directors and above) and field staff. Support Center employees get nothing...except bagels.

Listen to the small people - those doing the work every single day. If you listen, they will let you know what is wrong. You can't rely on the mid mgmt to tell you anything, because they are too out of touch and do not care at all.

Culture shift away from human capital valuation

I worked at AccentCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to serve clients in need (limited due to understaffing in branches).

Cons

Upper management. Understaffed. No safe avenue for employees to be able to discuss concerns.

Who is monitoring upper management decisions affecting branch employees?? If there is a higher than normal exodus doesn't that say something?

Worked for AccentCare? Contribute to the Community!