Accenture

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

113 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The project work is always interesting.

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy co-workers are the best in the business. The project work is very interesting and cutting edge. The teams I have worked for are very knowledgeable. The benefits for US based employees is great. There are some opportunities to be formally educated, but no paid-MBA program.

ConsLeadership is inexperienced and fails often to bring value to the client. Leadership is only focused on the profit margin of a project and it is possible to be pulled off a project due to budget issues, damaging the outcome of the project. The worst part of working for Accenture is that you must find your own roles, so it is like interviewing for a job over and over when your role on a project ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise your expectations and learn how to estimate the cost of a project.

Big company, career in your own hands

Level C (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

Prosgreat flexibility work/life balance, plenty of challenging work

Conssometimes there's too much required internal red tape to be efficient

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood Company to work for.

ConsLess money but good learning.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery Nice.

Accenture was a great company to work for.

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey take care of their employes

ConsCommunication across teams needs improving

Excellent Experience

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOne of my most rewarding professional experiences. Working alongside quality people on very interesting projects with well known clients. Lot of flexibility to pursue your desired career path and a sense of ownership of your direction.

ConsTravel can be fun, but also tiresome, so striking a balance can be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work on a continued focus on great leadership and investing in your people through training, options and rewards.

I was an Accenture Journey Man - From Consulting to Business Development and Beyond

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIncredible variety of business and technology experiences. The best way to move your career along is to stick to consulting. the challenge with that is just a "freaking" brutal lifestyle. Alternatively you can move out of consulting to sales, marketing and other roles that support the consulting group that are much more manageable from a work-life balance standpoint.

ConsNo work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your people

A great place to grow your careeer!

Senior Applications Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros1. Awesome training opportunities (best one I've seen in my career so far)
2. Lots of places to move around and do different things

Cons1. Long work hours
2. Traveling
3. Career could be stangnant if your're in the service line of business

One of the world's best run companies

Senior Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVariety of opportunities, driven employees, financially sound.

ConsIf you don't manage work-life balance, can be overwhelming.

Experienced hires have very, very difficult time acclimating unless they've grown up in Big 4 environment

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome areas are very strategic in approach - which is why they are steady stock.
Work from home, smart people, excellent benefits (PTO, 401(k), health, etc.), decent salary.

Hard to say if I'd recommend to employer so left that button undone. As a young professional just staring out, I'd say grab this opportunity and learn as much as you can. It's a great place to make connections and learn, learn, learn. As an experienced hire - it is a very dramatic culture shock. Would I return? I don't think so. But the right person/background could make a great success here.

ConsReorganization should be done for the purpose of advancement of goals, not because it's been 18 months and let's shake things up.
Work from home culture enables people to be more aggressive and hide behind the computer/phone. They can become abusive and many "leaders" do nothing to halt that behavior because the abusers are "high performers" and therefore untouchables. Makes for a very uncomfortable environment.
Not enough willingness to dare to be different. Too much structure kills the edge.
Opportunity to move around organization can be limited. There are perceived notions of what is a "power" role and what is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake things up by being creative and truly innovative - not just using the words. Remember the cobblers children have no shoes? It's the same with Accenture.

Challenging but keeps you hungry

Consultant (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Prossubmersion, challenges, innovation, dedication to growing their resources and talent

Consperformance review process frustrating, negative office politics are ignored or if a matter is escalated there is some degree of retaliation

Advice to Senior Managementconnect with consultants to better understand their level of personal engagement

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 113 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.