Accenture

Accenture Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(3,113 ratings)

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Sweatshop with no career or professional growth

Manager (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI worked in Accenture Federal Services, and most of the group is in Balitimore.
    Senior Management is detached and aloof, so for the most part they leave you alone.
    A good percentage of the technical staff, people writing code or doing system deployments, is helpful and friendly.

ConsI worked first in Avanade, Accenture's wholly owned subsidiary.
    When hired in, the recruiter promised me 12 - 16% bonus at end of year. Though my chargeability numbers and customer satisfaction numbers were great, I got less than 3% bonus.
    The program managers are extremely non-technical and try to treat consultants and systems engineers poorly.
    They tell you that you'll travel 80% of time, but really you'll travel over 100% of time if you consider that you'll do some weekend work (at a customer site) and then get no comp time for that weekend work.
    There was absolutely no training or career development opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified program managers. Make Senior Managers be more involved and accountable, too.
    Focus more on career development for folks doing the actual heavy lifting.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!