Accenture Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Layoff prone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits are good. The people that work in ACS are what makes working for Accenture a tad bit enjoyable.

Cons

Where do I begin....ACS has a lot of great, smart people. The issue is that it seems as if Accenture does not care. They layoff employees that have been working there for YEARS and tell them that there are no positions available but then turn around and hire NEW people outside of Accenture that do not have an ounce of experience in the particular field that they are hiring for. At the same time that they are doing the layoffs, you can find positions on job boards saying that they are hiring. It doesn't make any sense to me how you can tell current employees that are about to be laid off that there are no open positions available but advertise that you are hiring on job boards. Why not redeploy current employees to other positions that are knowledgeable of processes instead of hiring new employees that require more training? Yes they do redeploy SOME folks but why not redeploy most workers instead of having multiple incoming training classes full of Non Accenture people? Working here you are not able to plan anything because you are living day to day wondering if you will have a job or not. That is no way to live and what makes working at Accenture so stressful. People have mortgages to pay for, car notes, etc.

Advice to Management

Instead of laying off loyal Accenture workers, work harder to redeploy as many of them as you can instead of hiring outside of the company and paying to train new people! If layoffs must occur, inform your employees when you are FIRST aware that you do not have any positions instead of waiting and keeping them in the dark. More communication is needed. Make it where if a contract ends with particular vendors, employees are still secure in their positions.

2. Disconnect

Former Employee - Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Processor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of money to be made.

Cons

Operations Leadership for the CSA department is in dire need of a complete overhaul.

Advice to Management

Address the chronic problem at its root instead of throwing more money and bodies at the issue.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Underwriter II in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Underwriter II in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Accenture is a solid global company with strong financials. The training program is great and the company seems efficient in delivery to customers. I had hoped to develop my career there.

Cons

The company laid me off after losing a contract only four months into my career. They convinced me to move my family and helped me envision a long and prosperous career, then they dropped me and my colleagues after losing the contract we were working on. If you choose to work for them, make sure to have a back up plan.

Advice to Management

I have a soured view of Accenture. You laid me off after only four months and therefore I cannot qualify for unemployment at a time when my industry is shrinking, it's Q4 and jobs are scarce, and you convinced me to move which estranged me from my support base and professional network. You didn't trust me to gather my own things when I left, and you prohibited my colleagues from having any contact with me after I left. It turns out that the whole process is unethical and unprofessional and the company truly doesn't adhere to it's core values.

unorganized

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

working with friendly people from different ethnicity's.

Cons

no day is ever the same as far as who your manager will be or what your position will be

Accenture is a great place to learn the ins and outs of consulting

Current Employee - Retail Products in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Products in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great large workforce able to tackle large scale efforts. Creating Client Value is easy.

Cons

Hard to integrate as an Experianced hire... all the internal leadership want you to 'earn your stripes' regardless of your performance. I've been top 5% in Annual Review for two straight years... normally I would be promoted... I've been told that no external hire gets promoted to Sr.Mgr without 5years of service at Accenture. The experianced hire attrition rate is over 80% in the first two years... there are reasons beyond the ability of the experianced hire to assimilate; if you don't start your career here be ready to stay a long time.

Advice to Management

Accept the Experianced Hires as a contributal portion of your work force and not just a way to gain a contract SME.

7. Company that change like the weather!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Took on the bad rep and management from Zenta.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that is actually doing the work and processing. Stop having the processors work with a pipeline that is over 150. Stop allowing management to Bonus off the work of the processors more than the processors...They are the ones doing the work.....

Showing 16 of 12,819 reviews