Accenture

Accenture Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for(in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 161 reviews)

336 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A very good company to start your career

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood work life balance, good exposure at client location, great benefits

ConsSalary compensation can improve, too much politics in meeting the bell, no GC

Advice to Senior Managementnone

If only the recruiter's version matched the actual work environment

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsComing out of the gate, the recruiter and senior manager I met with told yarns of a fabulous work environment with flexibility, interesting work and opportunities to learn and advance.

ConsThe work environment was not flexible. I worked in facilities and services area and most of the people I encounter are just waiting to leave when the economy gets better. And there is lots of training IF you call watching powerpoint on a 3 year old lap top.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour company would be great if you actually provided all you promise and quote to employees. The money I saw wasted everyday in the Chicago office is hilarious. If only our stockholders cared about these small details.

Great experience and good people, but travel can be a pain.

Management Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood exposure to consulting. It's a good job for people with no family.

ConsHigh turnover and someone dismal work life balance depending on client engagement. If in Europe, Accenture isn't as well known as in the US -- they do a lot of IT here and that's about it. It can be a bit political come performance review... so be wary about that.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Digital Marketing Strategist

Digital Strategist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to work, very smart people.

ConsTravel. Client work is not cutting edge. Compensation for digital.

Great place to start career, not sustain one!

Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSmart, talented and innovative people.

ConsToo large. Not enough career opportunities for HR or Recruiting

Cross industry experience, not great local roles or career advancement without full time travel

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople, culture, PTO, diverse experience for people fresh out of college. Great first job
    Highly motivate team mates
    Travel for those who want to see the world
    Training opportunities

ConsBloated corporation
    Top heavy - limiting in career trajectory and goals
    Treated as a number
    Self proclaimed meritocracy, but overly political
    Work life balance limited
    Not good for people who want to have home lives, a happy wife, or children
    They stretch the meaning if the words "local role"

Advice to Senior ManagementStop reorganizing, give promotions you promise, focus on cultivating your people and not only pleasing your shareholders (many of whom are actually employees).

Amazing place to work, experience prepares you for leadership roles

Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe jobs stretch you and teach you skills that prepare you for leadership roles.

ConsIn order to maximize the experience, you need to be willing to travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep challenging employees, giving them stretch goals.

Great company to start your career!

Management Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTons of opportunities. Accenture is so big and does EVERYTHING - so if you know what you want to do and navigate well, you will have opportunities to do anything you want in any part of the world.

ConsAt the same time, because it's big, sometimes it's hard to navigate. You have to know the right people to pull you through.

Accenture truly aspires to be the best and it reflects in everything they do.

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFast paced; Challenging work; Tons of learning opportunities; Strong core values that is really ingrained in the company's culture; Strong leadership that you will truly admire and would like to work for; Flexible work arrangements;

ConsDepending on your project, work life balance can be quite good to barely there. Works as a global team with offshore delivery networks leading to no fixed work schedules, i.e your work day may start as early as 6am all the way to 11pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to treat your people as your best assets. Sometimes focusing too much on running the company as a business diverts you from this.

Good company, interesting work, career opportunities and job satisfaction highly dependent on your boss

Senior Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSmart people
    Good vision
    Diverse
    Strong in training

ConsCulture declined after went public
    Internal process challenges
    Loses best people

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!