Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(2,770 ratings)

7,212 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work Life balance, Easy to commute as good connectivity of shuttles across the city"
    in 431 reviews
  • "Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting"
    in 415 reviews
Cons:
  • "Don't respect work life balance or personal commitments unless you have kids"
    in 850 reviews
  • "No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors"
    in 143 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company, not for everyone - think "marathon", not "sprint", but you should be an olympian

Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsStrong leadership, strong values, demonstrated excellence & practices what it preaches. Great opportunites for learning & growth. Good rewards for those who can stick it out & rise to the top.

ConsLess pay than competitors, very demanding, tendency to feel you're just a number (at least for me). Not really a con, just a word of advice: if your driven by rewards and acknowdgement, you may be dissapointed - should be driven by internal values and your own (accurate) opinion of your job well done.

Good place to work, but stressful too

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture

ProsGet to work on variety of different projects

ConsWork hours can be really difficult to manage

Advice to Senior ManagementHire from the best school. Don't go cheap and hire losers. And losers you will get.

Great Company for A-type personalities

Consultant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsVery fast pased environment, great opportunities for growth. Gain exposure to allot of business practices both within the company and their clients. Company is fully stocked with highly talented people on all levels.

ConsVery competetive, high performance ratings are a challenge when all players are over acheivers. Difficult to adapt to their culture for expierenced hires.

Don't bother

Mort Loan Processor (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time for less than a year

ProsPersonal growth if your job is still available and clients don't throw out your project , work life balance

ConsLeadership, micromanage, uneducated superiors, lack of communication, nepotism, cronyism

Advice to Senior ManagementCOMMUNICATE

Up and down

Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe cream rises to the top and gets rewarded for it

ConsFor some reason, upper management seems to think that Accenture is people's first priority in life

More promises than one can afford

Management Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat training opportunities and a good starting place for new grads
Breadth of work
True global presence
Very strong in IT consulting

ConsBelow or at average pay with limited promotion opportunities - You either play the game or go else where
Average talent pool is mediocre at best
Re-organization every two years
Huge retention issues because of pay and poor promotion process

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are replacing seasoned employees with new grads at over 50% premium on pay. Why do you think you have a margin problem? Talent is leaving because they don't get rewarded appropriately. At the time of my departure, there was close to 50% of the people started after me. I was there for over 2.5 years. Employee turnover is a problem whether you acknowledge or not. I have received great training and learned a lot, but I have taken my talent to a competitor. With all the investment Accenture has made in me, I am florishing and generating profits at a competitor which has made zero investment. How is that a great HR strategy? Maybe it is because Acceture is a publically traded company... All its strategies are short-sighted.

Software Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros- Good place to learn latest technologies
- Sense of strong team work
- Most higher ups are approachable for any issues.

Cons- Salary, perks was not up to market trends.
- No clarity in employee hierarchy.

Good Company, poor structure

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people. The culture is friendly and supportive.
Good pay, perks, and an overall emphasis on internal development.

ConsUpward feedback doesn't exist, period.
Little mobility (horizontal or upwards) unless you get on the good side of a senior manager or senior executive.
Your entire experience and work depend on your project and manager.
Projects tend to be boring and do not fully utilize analyst's skills

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your subordinates express that they want more responsibility and tasks, give it to them.
Give promotions and ratings based on merit, not on tenure.
Allow for resources to be able to switch to roles that they are interested in and give them opportunities.

Keep Eyes Wide Open

Management Consulting Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPotential exposure to many different clients and type of work in a short time span. Ability to grow professionally and learn from smart people, even if they are not all kind individuals. Its high performance delivered slogan is in the DNA so be prepared to deliver your best every single day or get left in the dust and frustrated.

ConsNo Cons - Just make sure you know what you want from this company. It is extremely competitive and cut-throat. You have to be the kind of person that can work smart and get results as well as give up your personal life and personal preferences to make "connections" with the right people i.e. Senior Executives and leadership. Otherwise you won't move up, just on merit and client accolades. "Network is everything" it is not a joke. And your networking efforts required, may not align with your personal values, if you have a family and take part in family responsibilities..forget it about it. Or be prepared to give all of that up! Also be prepared to learn on your own very quickly. No one is going to mentor you or help you develop, but you can always read some books and take some CBTs.
If you do it, know when its time to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Clearly this type of environment works for burning out employees and getting fresh blood every few years, while delivering client results. The client margins are large enough to sustain 20 - 40% attrition each year and there are always more people lining up to sign their life away for a few years. It works!
Of course, if you want a culture that cares about people and allows them to be individuals some changes will be required, but that will probably take a few decades and who cares anyway, the CCIs are all that count. Numbers not people should be the motto at one of those leadership events.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good but not Great

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBrand name, Some good people around,

ConsCompensation, Growth issues, People who do not deserve get promoted, system falling apart

Advice to Senior Managementget competent people promoted

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 7,212 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.