Accenture

9,423 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,821 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

89 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

High Performance Delivered.

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salary, opportunities, work culture, ethics and compliance focus

Cons

Not much to talk about...

Great Opportunities to Learn and be a part of global implementations providing unmatched experiences and knowledge.

Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture provides amazing opportunities for skill development and professional growth through challenging and large scale projects tackling complex and intricate issues common in various industries. The quality of people you get to work with and level of expert support is unmatched in the industry. Travelling allows for unique experiences on a global scale with many perks and benefits

Cons

The work is incredibly challenging and never ending. There is no such thing as work hours and the global scale of most projects means long nights and early mornings as well as frequent weekend work. Career development is dependent on the resource themselves as the projects will abuse your time if your not careful and steer your career in a direction you may not have intended.

Greater flexibility to increase salary without leaving the company would greatly increase the appeal of climbing the career ladder as currently the only way to do so is to jump back and forth.

Looking forward to it

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good place to work for an IT guy.

Cons

It's a big company with lots of moving parts

Watch out for the employees

Great place to gain experience

Former Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You will have a lot of responsibility at an early stage in your career. You will learn flexibility which is the most valuable skill you will learn at Accenture as well in the outside job market.

Cons

Due to it's size, there is a process for everything which can be draining. In order to cut costs, most support functions are stretched thin.

Hitting numbers based on cost cutting is a short term approach. I witnessed small cost cutting measures over the years which do not seem bad at the time. However, the cumulative effect is increasing risk. Similar to putting lobster in a pot of water and then bringing the water to a boil . . . . by the time you realize the danger, it is too late.

Challenging work, but sometimes a challenging environment

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love facing new challenges with each project I join. My knowledge and skills have grown considerably in breadth and depth and I've repeatedly been pushed to do bigger things and given the support I needed to succeed. The culture and values of this company is top-notch. I actually left to pursue another opportunity but ultimately returned because of the culture, values and people who work for this company.

Compensation is appropriate for level of skill and we have great benefits.

Cons

Work/life balance is always going to be a challenge for consulting companies. I needed some flexibility when my personal circumstances changed and it just wasn't available to me at the time. It's frustrating to give 110% to a company for almost a decade and not feel supported when circumstances change.

Over the course of my career I've heard repeated discussions of focusing on local growth but it still hasn't materialized. I know many people enjoy the constant travel, but others, especially women, would benefit from more local opportunities or a bigger push for flexible work arrangements.

Love the work/clients, not so hot about the company management/direction

Former Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great clients (fortune 500)
    Great large scale projects (100's of staff)
    Some good assets (starting points and sample deliverables to leverage)
    Some really good industry guys

Cons

Declining quality of management/leadership at the top (most US-based C-level folks replaced)
    Shifting into an India-driven operational mentality (likely to be India-led company <5 yrs)
    Losing focus on asset-driven work (fewer relevant assets)
    Declining competence of on-shore consultants (most knowledge building work now off-shored)

Sr. Management is not transparent about the real strategy/direction of the company.
    Clearly management has lost sight on the value of knowledgeable technology staff provides (evaluation/promotion)
    Quit lying to the US congress about the need to extend more work visas (you don't want qualified people, just cheap ones that you can bring over from India)

Sr. Executive

Former Employee - Senior Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing positive unfortunately, apart from high management all employees are treated bad. All other employees are real nice to work with.

Cons

Poor communication, disorganized, lack of social and work life balance. Do not appreciate experienced talent

Need to mentor talent and allow to grow

SAP Fico Consultant

Current Employee - SAP FICO Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - SAP FICO Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good opportunities. Main focus on the delivery and timelines

Cons

life balance and tough work. Main focus on the delivery and timelines

Human Firewood

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of experience in a short amount of time. Competitive compensation. You will find your next job at a safe and sane company via your Accenture projects.

Cons

You are human firewood. Project in trouble? Throw more analysts on the fire. Work life balance is non-existent. You are a corporate slave for your client.

None really. Your system works. Turnover is high, but there is an endless supply of more firewood.

Great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Accenture offers a wealth of opportunities for learning and overall career growth. Very few firms offer opportunities for free job training and cross training into any industry focus you like. In my seven years at the firm, I have had the opportunity to train on numerous industry specialties including certification programs with Oracle, PMI, and the Security Congress.

The firms overall core values and ethics are also superb. It is a great working environment, offering the best work/life balance programs I've experienced in the industry.

Cons

Consultant salaries are on the lower end of the spectrum when compared to similarly sized firms. It is understandable that the firm would want to keep project costs low. The easiest place to do this is reducing the bill rate of your consultants. The problem with this, is that at the same time of reducing cost you also want to have the maximum performance. In specialty industries like Tech Arch, ERP Security, Oracle Development, a firm must be prepared to pay top dollar for the truly top performers. While with the firm, I've been documented by senior leadership as one of the top performers and yet my baseline salary, despite multiple promotions, is still 30% below national average

The firm's mission is Top Performance. In order to retain the true Top Performers in the industry, the firm must be prepared to pay for the quality that goes with it. I would suggest an HR review committee designed to address requests for salary adjustments.

An example, a consistently rated top performer feels there salary is below the standard for their work and industry specialty. They could submit a request for salary review to an HR committee, who would do an analysis of their performance, work location, and specialty and potentially offer an offset bonus or perm. increase in baseline salary. So a top performer (rated in the top 5% at their level) could be entitled to a 10% increase in baseline salary during the next performance period. Employees who are rated "consistent with" are not qualified for the program. This new program would provide incentives for top performers to retain with the firm, and encourage their colleagues to continue to improve.