Accenture Reviews in Denver, CO

8,942 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,596 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 588 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 524 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1147 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nothing but love for ya...

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The PEOPLE, culture, core values, competitive salaries and bonuses, benefits, 27 days PTO, great varying role opportunities, corporate citizenship... oh and did I say the amazing PEOPLE you'll learn from every day?!

Cons

80% travel in the Consulting workforce (which you know going into the job, but after a couple years this can get old). Also, depending on the project, you may be working 40 hr weeks or 80 hr weeks.... Cross your fingers the 80 hr weeks don't last 6+ months. Having said that, Leadership has implemented many flexible work schedule and strategic location initiatives to TRY to give people a better work-life balance.

Very Good

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at my own past.

Cons

Always finish my work to early.

Training.

Great resume padder

Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome co workers, decent work, good name on the resume, really nice benefits

Cons

mid grade pay when comparing competitors, a lot of micro managers, travel can get old

An amazing culture that supports diversity and career growth

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training, career support through mentor-ships, Travel if you are in the consulting track, benefits, work-life balance. Excellent leadership with a clearly defined vision and strategy.

Cons

I worked within a small business unit that was acquired. Much of that leadership team was not aligned with the overall corporate culture and business approach. My advice would be to spend more effort on integration of soft skills and technology.

My advice is only positive. Keep doing exactly what you are doing best. Delivering excellence in service to a global customer base with deep talent pools to achieve that mission. It was a pleasure to be a part of such a great corporate environment.

I love the people, but the pay could be better.

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home, great teams, learning available

Cons

lower pay than market, hard to move between roles

Keep up the good work, raise pay to market level

Overall a good experience

Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great potential for growth and movement. Recognition and responsibility are given and at an even at intern level I feel l have been able to make a measurable impact on product offerings. Direct

Cons

Lots of process and corporate bureaucracy. Every other word is often an acronym.

A Snake Pit

Former Employee - Instructional Design Associate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Instructional Design Associate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Accenture as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Uhhhh...if you're desperate for a paycheck.

Cons

Too many to list here. If you expect to be treated fairly, honestly, respectfully and if you expect something resembling a work-life balance, look elsewhere.

A Solid Company

Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, great time off, good stepping stone

Cons

You can get stuck in projects without opportunity to do meaningful work that's necessary for your annual review, the performance review process is very impersonal, and the career growth pattern is completely set in stone

Try to keep the "People Development" aspect in mind for all levels below you

Amazing Place to Work - Just Keep a Bag Packed

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture is one of the most diverse and collaborative companies I've seen. On any given day I will be on the phone with professionals from Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia. Accenture is one of the most respected management consulting firms globally, and having your name on an Accenture business card immediately grants you a level of respect and recognition that goes beyond what an MBA from any university would.

Accenture is the first place where I have been surrounded with colleagues and peers that I feel are as smart and motivated as I am, which is truly a refreshing change. I've had the opportunity to travel throughout Europe and India with the firm and have been offered the chance to work overseas.

The benefits and comp are excellent, and there are practically infinite opportunities to move into different areas of the firm. Accenture encourages remote work, meaning when I am not on the road I work from home most days.

Cons

Accenture began as an SI firm, and our offerings into other competencies such as management consulting, BPO and AO came later. Because of the sheer scale of each of these offerings it is often difficult to define a cohesive go-to-market plan.

Constant travel can wear you down, especially if you have a family. It's depressing when you realize that you know more about the concierge at the Westin than you do about your neighbors!!

There are enough people at all levels that are willing and eager to put in 60-80 hour weeks that it's sometimes tough to strike a good work/life balance. Depending on the projects you end up staffed on the review process can either favor or hurt you irrespective of your contributions.

Our bench is always super thin. Getting enough resources to staff projects is a constant headache.

Our ads are super boring when compared to IBM's.

Increase bench depth in key positions. Improve transparency in review process. Clarify our go-to-market strategies and marketing efforts, and try to go at least six months without a reorganization. :)

A great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Accenture you know you will always be on the cutting edge of the newest and best technology as well as tools to make sure you are successful.

Cons

I can not think of any

Management is great, they are open to hearing from all levels keep it up!