Accenture

9,396 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,814 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

83 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent company that TRULY values employees as the most valuable asset.

Current Employee - Managing Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company that has completely embraced the concept of being a meritocracy with a compensation package that supports and encourages high performance.

Cons

Legacy partnership/consulting firm culture undergoing significant changes and disruptions that are a distraction.

Review for past employer

Former Employee - SAP BI Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - SAP BI Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working ethics with great benefits

Cons

Not good for lazy workers

Great Launching Pad of a Consulting Career

Former Employee - Resources Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Resources Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to multiple clients and multiple roles that gives you a taste for where you would like to create your niche as you approach mid level management

Cons

Your career path is less easy to navigate as it has been in previous years, you have to be willing to wade through a lot of push back. Also, Accenture's salaries typically are not to market.

Revist the model of managing "horizontally" instead of "vertically". Invest more into training existing internal resources

Good company to work for but could be better

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You have the ability to chose what you and if you don't like it you can always change. It's a big company so there are lots of options and projects to chose from.

Cons

It's a big company so the policies are set in stone. No flexibility for bonus or pay raise. It's a machine not a human. No exceptions.

Start focusing more on the people and less on the business. Because without the people there is no business.

Good

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a very Strong Work ethic

Cons

Lot of salary disparity at the same level

Provide better work life balance

Great work environment!

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, company values are remarkable.

Cons

Lot of competition for promotion.

Great Place!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great network of talented individuals!

Cons

Work life Balance and Travel

You will be at same place/position as day 1

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Global company, different project with different domains and technologies, heavy mandatory training, good if you want to continue as people manager and can play politics

Cons

salary increment sucks, old way of yearly reviews with no sense in mandating people to rate at below peer group, heavy politics at every level, cannot grow unless you listen to your supervisor

Get out of old process of mandating below peer group and % which sucks and this makes every employee unhappy.

The MOST Dishonest place you can work

Current Employee - Senior Business and Systems Integration Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay and 5 weeks of vacation a year. Also health benefits are out of this world.

Cons

You will be put on projects and be expected to learn a new programming language to mastery in under two weeks along with 5 or 6 different pieces of software.

I have never been so lied to by so many people throughout the corporate structure in all my life. I have been told I was incompetent. I made an ethical call one time and was judged harshly, had 4 managers contact me and each spend about 1 hour deballing me OUTSIDE of work hours, this was a clear case of ethical wrong doing. The only thing that stopped me from losing my job is I can't be replaced. You can be given the work of 2-4 people and are expected to be on time, so expect 80 hour weeks and up to 100 hour weeks if you travel.

You will be lied to in the job interview, you will be lied to in on boarding, you will be lied to about job roles, and you will be lied to by leadership. Everyone will tell you they are trying to help you, when no one really is trying to help you unless you are working with direct friends don't expect help from those around you. (I am a people person and can work with anyone). Everyone will lie to you in this company from the ground up, there are a few good people but out there but they make up about 1% of the company. Do not stay at this company longer than you have to. I make 85k a year out of college and am looking to take a pay cut just to leave this horrible company.

You will have no work life balance, you make a lot but you will have to give up just as much. I lost my long time girlfriend I was going to marry because of this company not being understanding, they will have you fly out to who knows where for sometimes little to no work and when on site while traveling they want you to work 12-15 hour days, don't expect a lunch break. I can go on and on.

PS
    Manager’s exact words to me were “It is not left up to you to make ethical decisions, leave that up to leadership “this statement was doubled down by many other managers during my deballing process. Never have I dealt with a total lack of professionalism. I am a total professional in everything I do and have never been met with such hostility for doing the right thing; I was also told my career was over in the company for making an ethical decision. So if you are ethical this isn't the place for you, they will go the way Anderson consulting did.

Get out while you can, and if you are looking for someplace to work this is not where you want to be.

Support your team and workers, don't beat them down and stop lying to clients about how experience your very green team is. Be ethical rather than just doing lip service to it.

A Mixed Experience

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to get on many different types of projects
    Surrounded by high quality people
    Generous amount of PTO

Cons

Little autonomy over staffing decisions
    Networking is a must; I often feel like a slacker if I choose not to attend all the extracurricular events

It is easy for consultants to suffer an identity crisis-- always being surrounded by the client, it's easy to forget that we actually work for Accenture.