Accenture

Accenture Reviews in Hyderabad India

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors (in 161 reviews)

More Highlights
159 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best Place to join as a fresher

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros- Best Place to learn quickly the business and to grow your skills.
    - Fun Place to work.
    - Opportunities to learn new things.

Cons- Need to maintain 9 hrs in office.
    - Variable pay structure

Good

ASE (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsVery god office. Facilities are good. company is employee friendly

Consdoesn't provide way for innovation. Your ideas have zero value here. They will say what to do. and u do. that's it.

Advice to Senior Managementbring in some innovation into engineering.

It was good to work with Accenture and its client

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsSecurity for women employees, CABs and good transport for employees

ConsLast year working with Accenture makes me feel happy but now a days, the higher management rules are not at all ok. Few new rules makes me unhappy. Time tracking was one of the worst approach. Eliminating employee C rating candidates through PIP and worst part, its mandatory to give C rating for 1/10 employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the employee benifits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good experience

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros* Cafeteria is decent
    * Technically you can learn a lot

Cons* Notice period
    * Variable component
    * Salary structure

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid internal politics and favouritism

Go for brand name and nice benefits ! ! !

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros1. Flexible working hours.
    2. Learning Opportunities.
    3. Brand value.
    4. Attractive benefits.
    5. Happening parties and team lunch.
    6. Interactive events.

Cons1. Long working hours if the project requires(Most of the projects will require this)
    Highly unethical point : Your managers will ask you to forget your personal life and stay in office for at least 12 hours a day. Even working on Saturdays and Sundays. And when asked for extra compensation, they will deny for it directly. The political answer they will give is: "Officially have to provide you either Compensatory off/ Monitory Compensation to you. Money we won't give, and compensatory off you can take on your own, but we won't approve that".
    2. For ASE, you don't have any choice, you are their puppet, they can make you perform anywhere and anytime. You will not have either your location preference or technology preference.
    3. Communication with your higher peers is really difficult. They don't put efforts to connect with anyone.
    4. None of the policy change is beneficial for the employees. All changes are being made to make work-life balance more difficult. Thereby making the rate of employee satisfaction lower.
    5. Company is taking more employees than it can accommodate. A place that is made for only two employees to sit, is used by three now. (Weird but true !).

Advice to Senior Management1. At least have a discussion with your employees, about what they actually want. And try to make out a practical solution.

Associate Manager

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsCompetitive salary for a service industry
    Brand image

ConsNo different than other service companies
    Bad HR policies

Good working environment with a constant learning atmosphere. A good place to start off a career at.

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsThe work-life balance is great. The supervisors understand personal needs of employees and allow work from home. Individual creativity and innovation is respected. Training and knowledge transfer programs are in motion throughout the year.

ConsIts stressful if you are on-bench, i.e., if you are not in a project currently. Apart from this you don't get stressed related to work. Not enough pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan definitely increase the career growth opportunities for employees.

Working as a contractor. Too many politics.

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsBrand name. Good initial salaries. Free transport.

ConsSome projects take in employees as contractors. Most of them are relatives to Managers or leads and though they know nothing get into the company easily without any interviews.
    Such people do nothing rather than enjoying their time. It's the other resources in the team who do all the hard work but at the end are not properly recognized by the management.
    Contractors who get in genuinely will be made to work like hell and finally end up disposable. They are not eligible for promotions nor Salary hikes.
    The management doesn't really value sincere workers at-least they do to their relatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not take contractors at entry level. This mode of getting in employees is completely flawed. Only few are taken in genuinely and despite they do everything to prove them selves they get nothing at the end.

Good Place to work

Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsBest environment to work who want to explore opportunities in different industry verticals.
    Best place for those who are flexible in changing their profiles.
    Best place for individuals with Technical Background and those who are carrying technical profiles currently.

ConsUnavoidable at every company, Team Politics. Need to be flexible.
    Not so good for functional people.
    Typical service based company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealise and Recognize the efforts that team puts in to deliver value for the customer and company.

High performance delievred

Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsAmple Opportunties to grow and learn

ConsReachability to senior mgmt, Openness, Inaccuracy at times, lack of opportunities in all locations

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!