Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

341 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Maximo Consultant

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsA lot of opportunities to learn new things and travel across the country if that's what you prefer. Generous time off and work life balance.

ConsRating is sometimes based on visability (how many meetings you attend) rather than on deliverables (specific value and solutions you implement).

Great experience for a better future role

Management Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsAccenture is great on your resume. Lots of experience and tons of resources across the company to help you specialize in so many areas. It's especially great for college graduates and starting their career.

ConsWork/life balance isn't always the greatest, but this depends on your specific project. The rating system is flawed because it only benefits favorites, no matter how successful you were in your role. The advancement path can be very vague and difficult, resulting in many exits from the company.

Great Career Builder

Systems Integration Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIncredible exposure to multiple technologies. Great culture and company investment in their employees. Ability to move across different industries.

Cons100% Travel can be brutal on family and social life.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough job, sometimes the money is worth it

Business & Systems Integration Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIf you get in with the right group of people, you can get promoted very quickly. If not, you will struggle a lot. You have to sacrifice a lot - sleep, personal time, health, etc., but you can make it to an executive level a lot more quickly than at most companies.

ConsIt is hard to balance work and life without being judged or suffering for it in the yearly performance ratings. Clients have all the power to treat you however they like and they will absolutely abuse that power.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some more time learning how to stand up to clients. If you keep letting them steamroll us, you will continue to loose all the good people.
    Also, please stop hiring terrible people. And stop taking away all the good things about working at Accenture.

Big Firm; Weak Senior Management

Accenture Program & Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIf you are willing to work 14 hours day, take on leadership's additional responsibilities, you can surely get promotions. I did; 3 promotions in 4 years.

ConsVery weak senior management and leadership, over-commitment and does not have emotional intelligence on how to coach teams to collaborate.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the quality of work; do NOT overcommit on what you can deliver in front of clients / internal teams.

Great People, core values that align to my personal values.

Chicago, IL

ProsDriven by measurable results, smart people, opportunity for growth, diverse industries. Provides flexibility with work opportunities as you become more senior / experienced. Global company opportunities to work cross-culturally, flexibility to expand cross industry.

ConsBig company, driven by bottom line (like all public companies). Work requirements can be stressful, travel can be extreme, requires you to self-manage as those around you will not manage your career for you. Requires that you own work / life balance, make decisions in alignment to your own personal goals. Can be challenging, but you can advocate for yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in stewardship, reward those that collaborate successfully (including Sr. Leadership)

Team Lead

Associate Lead (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat working environment. Flexi work hours

ConsPerformance management process is completely flawed

Advice to Senior ManagementMust concentrate on manager's efficiency and train them accordingly.

Great place to start your career

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsAccenture has its ups and downs, but is overall a good place to work. The best thing about Accenture is the people. It sounds cliche but it's true.

ConsIt can be very demanding and work-life balance while traveling is difficult. Many projects are flexible about travel arrangements however, so you can work from home a week here or there.

A very good company to start your career

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood work life balance, good exposure at client location, great benefits

ConsSalary compensation can improve, too much politics in meeting the bell, no GC

Advice to Senior Managementnone

If only the recruiter's version matched the actual work environment

Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsComing out of the gate, the recruiter and senior manager I met with told yarns of a fabulous work environment with flexibility, interesting work and opportunities to learn and advance.

ConsThe work environment was not flexible. I worked in facilities and services area and most of the people I encounter are just waiting to leave when the economy gets better. And there is lots of training IF you call watching powerpoint on a 3 year old lap top.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour company would be great if you actually provided all you promise and quote to employees. The money I saw wasted everyday in the Chicago office is hilarious. If only our stockholders cared about these small details.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in Illinois — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 341 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.