Accenture

Accenture Reviews in Illinois

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

343 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Get to learn a lot about industry as you get to see lot of challenges and help resolve them at different clients

Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery talented bunch of people to work with

Conswork life balance is a challenge if you are travelling

A good start

Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsReally nice work environment. The work life balance is nice.

ConsPromotion are slow in this department.

Maximo Consultant

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA lot of opportunities to learn new things and travel across the country if that's what you prefer. Generous time off and work life balance.

ConsRating is sometimes based on visability (how many meetings you attend) rather than on deliverables (specific value and solutions you implement).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience for a better future role

Management Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAccenture is great on your resume. Lots of experience and tons of resources across the company to help you specialize in so many areas. It's especially great for college graduates and starting their career.

ConsWork/life balance isn't always the greatest, but this depends on your specific project. The rating system is flawed because it only benefits favorites, no matter how successful you were in your role. The advancement path can be very vague and difficult, resulting in many exits from the company.

Great place for fresh grads

Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLots of training and opportunities to gain skills

ConsVery easy to burn out. Expected very long hours (70+ hours a week on some projects expected).

Tough job, sometimes the money is worth it

Business & Systems Integration Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you get in with the right group of people, you can get promoted very quickly. If not, you will struggle a lot. You have to sacrifice a lot - sleep, personal time, health, etc., but you can make it to an executive level a lot more quickly than at most companies.

ConsIt is hard to balance work and life without being judged or suffering for it in the yearly performance ratings. Clients have all the power to treat you however they like and they will absolutely abuse that power.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some more time learning how to stand up to clients. If you keep letting them steamroll us, you will continue to loose all the good people.
    Also, please stop hiring terrible people. And stop taking away all the good things about working at Accenture.

Great Career Builder

Systems Integration Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIncredible exposure to multiple technologies. Great culture and company investment in their employees. Ability to move across different industries.

Cons100% Travel can be brutal on family and social life.

Team Lead

Associate Lead (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat working environment. Flexi work hours

ConsPerformance management process is completely flawed

Advice to Senior ManagementMust concentrate on manager's efficiency and train them accordingly.

Great place to start your career

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAccenture has its ups and downs, but is overall a good place to work. The best thing about Accenture is the people. It sounds cliche but it's true.

ConsIt can be very demanding and work-life balance while traveling is difficult. Many projects are flexible about travel arrangements however, so you can work from home a week here or there.

Great People, core values that align to my personal values.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDriven by measurable results, smart people, opportunity for growth, diverse industries. Provides flexibility with work opportunities as you become more senior / experienced. Global company opportunities to work cross-culturally, flexibility to expand cross industry.

ConsBig company, driven by bottom line (like all public companies). Work requirements can be stressful, travel can be extreme, requires you to self-manage as those around you will not manage your career for you. Requires that you own work / life balance, make decisions in alignment to your own personal goals. Can be challenging, but you can advocate for yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in stewardship, reward those that collaborate successfully (including Sr. Leadership)

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!