Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

45 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Career Starter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture

ProsGood graduate program and intro to business

ConsOverly process focused, lacks innovation

Worthwhile

I have been working at Accenture

ProsSalary
Opportunities are always arising in each department

ConsLong hours but they pay off

Accenture BPO

Collections Analyst (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Accenture full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you are ambitious, there are a lot of opportunities to move up within the company and to move into other areas of the company. They provide opportunities for training to do so.

ConsCompany has a pretty traditional hierarchy and the compensation for someone working in outsourcing is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide ambitious individuals with more ways to get experience or improve their salary or else you will lose them.

Great Company - Great Experience

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people
Variety in work
Good people plans

ConsLong hours can be tough

Advice to Senior ManagementFeed the information down the chain and not just for the top tier.

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice people. Great exposure to different clients and technologies. The social aspect was very good with plenty of nights out.

ConsLots of long hours. The workforce is broken up into different streams. The solutions stream is treated like the dogs body. Does all the work and gets none of the rewards. Way too much of a discrepancy in terms of salary between the different streams.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out the work streams.

Great or a CV but don't put all your eggs in this basket

Management Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat experience, great people. Varied client experience (potentially). Random perks that function as a carrot dangling on a stick in front of you. Worth a few lines on your CV when you realise you need to leave

ConsDon't respect work life balance or personal commitments unless you have kids. Trwat people like numbers. Salary is now below market rates due to more competition and Accenture faltering in some markets/industries. Formal training is boasted about but difficult to arrange. Variety of experience across clients and industries is also boasted about bit people sometimes have to threaten to quit to get out of clients as since you're just a number it's easier to keep you at the one client. Focus is on bringing in experienced hires and working existing staff to death but not rewarding them with promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on specific areas to grow rather than everything.

Incorporate 360 degree feedback. Tales of people being cost promotions due to lies during perf. review sessions are rampant. There is no meritocracy in Accenture because of luck with management, projects etc. Stop pretending it's a fair playing field.

Competitive, Challenging, Loads of opportunities, what do you need more?

Credit Collections Team Lead (Current Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere

ConsCanteen
overtime
Very challenging
high expectations
(not really cons, just points to consider)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just try to please the client. Consider your employees, too.

Extensive consulting experience across multiple clients, projects and roles

Technology Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunities to travel, support network, access to global SMEs, advice, learning and peer support.
Build skills in multiple industries and clients, work on different projects and roles and experience changing environments and businesses

ConsLong hours and stressful work

Good experience, good place to learn new skills

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Accenture as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe company accepts new graduates, always pays overtimes, one can learn many new things and processes using different platforms and tools. Vacation and personal time are respected. Good work environment, friendly people.

ConsThe company as all in these times is trying always to safe money, some people at the same position are having normal Accenture contract, others are contractors. The bosses many times don't take in account and don't evaluate how people really work, but just how happy they are and behave according to company culture. The people that work well, and hard get more workload, the people that don't and that spend more time in Accenture socializing are rewarded. They supervisors don't like people pointing at negative things and not agreeing with them - they might listen to you, but don't make any changes. The company make too often changes in employees roles and responsibilities, sometimes lack of long vision and strategies of the management. Salary rise possible just with change of position.

Accenture Ireland Manager

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSenior client exposure, varied interesting work and great people to work with

ConsPressure to work long hours for extended periods due to client and Accenture expectations. Often extra curricular activities can add up to 10+ hours a week

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't under sell deals and rely on team delivering to work without compensation to hit targets

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in Ireland — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.