Accenture

9,396 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,814 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

357 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

large company, with lots of opportunities if you want it

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Accenture as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

personnel growth, chance to earn extra qualification, lots of characters

Cons

work life balance, long hours, often very boring projects

perks and communication improvements to people lower in the organisation

Counterproductive culture

Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture give great results and employ only the brightest, most driven people. They never do things by halves and always strive for a positive outcome and, as a result, more business as a result. They're not interested in a short-term relationship with clients, but one that lasts and grows for years.

Cons

A strong performance management culture is essential for a successful organisation, but the way things are implemented at Accenture fosters a culture of colleagues manouvering to outdo their peers. This translates into very negative behaviours within teams. Management are generally those who have successfully used the same techniques in the past so don't discourage it

Take more notice of what employees are delivering for clients, as opposed to delivering for laddering reviews - only the first one actually generates revenue!

Good place to start your career.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people - i have mode some great friends and worked with some inspiring people.
    Good learning opportunities including training and client exposure.
    Very accommodating to employee needs in terms of time off, opportunity to take LOA, work from home etc.

Cons

You can get pigeon holed to do certain type of work again and again.
    Being one of the few females in a male dominated area of practice I feel I lack the right mentor-ship to navigate the company.
    Promotion process is lengthy and drawn out which can lead to frustrations.

Champion people better in order to retain talent.

Partner

Current Employee - Partner in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Partner in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company values, interesting work, smart people

Cons

Bureaucracy, internal process started to get in the way of client delivery focus.

Overall Neutral, Highs and Lows on the way

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- strong brand
    - intelligent people
    - interesting projects
    - heavy weight for your cv
    - you build up perseverence and stamina if you survive more than few years

Cons

- work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke
    - cruel performance management process
    - your own performance does not really drive your career, other people do in a non transparent way
    - too much pretention and hypocricy across the senior levels - huge gap between what the politically correct marketing says and what is every day reality

Middle management the worst I have ever seen in industry

Former Employee - Experienced Hire in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Experienced Hire in London, England (UK)

I worked at Accenture part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Accenture Brand opens many doors and provides tremendous kudos.

Cons

Like many SI's this is a very cut throat world for experienced hires. The graduates or are offered many promotion routes as long as they tow the line and say "yes sir" to the right leadership (that is literally all you should do to get promoted). Any experienced hire who shows innovation and excels is held back and literally used and spat back out. Retention rate of experienced hires is extremely low for this reason. Management is very poor as graduates are promoted into these roles after a few years and lack and industry experience in management and any common sense - something they should teach the graduates is that being very bossy is not how to manage. Experienced hires (and here I mean most in middle management who haven't really been able to excel in the wide world prior to Accenture), who adopt the "yes sir, I will do as you say I should so" approach survive. All of these middle management are consumed with apprehension of experienced hires who show that success can be achieved outside of current business models and that moving with innovation brings even more success and therefore become awful to work for. It is also a very "old boy's club" environment in Accenture and it is a great shame as the company itself could actually be a lovely place to work as most people would be proud to be part of the firm if they were shown the same level of support that a born and bred or brainwashed Accenturian is.

Don't hold back your experienced hires just because they are good. Don't be rude to staff behind close doors because you are challenged by their strengths and success and because they show innovation. Remember the graduates are brainwashed into being polite and don't feel they can fight back...we know different and will fight back and if that doesn't work we walk away because we know we can. It is as simple as that. Just because you happen to have practised business one way and achieved what may have been seen as good success for a number of years doesn't mean it has to remain the only way you should approach business. If a new approach shows better success - adopt a new style. When innovation brings success - welcome it and learn from it and MOVE WITH IT.

Being a manager and being a dictator are two different things entirely. The later is the one which gives the firm as bad name.

Short but good training

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good training opportunities - first 5 weeks as a graduate were solid training

Cons

Areas of work not very interesting (for me).

Stagnant row, project and promotion depends on luck

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits are good, especially for people on maternity leave

Cons

difficult to get hands on an interesting projects, a lot depends on your relationship with the manager, rather than your performance. many people will claim that your work was their work, etc. generally not a very nice environment.
    HR is fairly incapable and the promises of strategy related work is thin air, as 90% of work is Technology based, which is where you end up if you don't fight or are unlucky.
    changing performance management year to save on employee benefits worth of 3 months

invest in talent, not private relationships. the smartest people leave after 2 years max

Love my job!

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great client list, very helpful and encouraging career counsellor, great opportunities to continue to develop and shine as an expert in my field... Fantastic. I can work from home whenever I want. The travel opportunities have been terrific as well. Maternity leave? 9 months full pay including car allowance... really supportive of the work/life balance. Excellent learning opportunities. Truly global collaborative environment.

Cons

HR is completely incompetent and clueless. Not enough women in senior leadership positions. Laddering (forced performance ranking) is a brutal process, but you get used to it. No one is going to help you find your next role; you have to be proactive to go get it.

A turbulent career full of highs and lows

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Accenture has an amazing client list and they hold good reputations with them. There is flexibility to move between clients/industries if you know how to work the system. Your career is very much in your hands and it is up to you to shape it - no one will be holding your hand.

Cons

Performance management is not handled particularly well but this is understandable given the size of the company. More often than not, the firm feels like a mass production machine.

Become more visible on projects and not just at events.