Accenture

Accenture Reviews in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for(in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 161 reviews)

52 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Senior System Analyst

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsChallenging job, Lots of open roles, and lots of room to grow and move up.

ConsNo tuition reimbursement, lack of training support (Sponsored Training) - all web based if manager support and is willing to pay (Internal Portal), Pay is a little low, Very Passive Aggressive environment, No fun at all, Lots of hours in some portion of the company, unclear and unfair yearly ranking review system, and bonuses are low, and as corporate as you can get, and the work life balance they advertise isn't real to most portions of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Pay, Look at Google and Facebook in regards to company culture, and create a new yearly review system that doesn't rank people, and provide external training.

QA Interview

QA Lead (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsWith in a project wide range of training provided internal & External which help to grow as a professional

ConsComing out as a winner is a really challenging task given a size of team you have to fight it out to achieve your goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be more precise in their fedback

Major changes are needed by the company to retain quality employees.

Business Process Outsourcing (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsPeople are wonderful despite the leadership challenges

ConsLeadership is not concerned with what the preach is the greatest asset of the company....PEOPLE. Leadership does not model the vision they communicate which has led to many very talented individuals leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevenue is very important however, treat your people with the respect you demand by us for you. This goes with how we are compensated, useable tools to do the job for our clients, and real career growth opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsPTO, Medical, Dental were great--some of the best insurance I've ever seen.

If you're in the IT Industry, there are many ways to move, learn, and grow through the organization. Lots of opportunity--lots of potential.

ConsI was an HR Professional working for this company. This company is an IT consulting firm--I was a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. There weren't many opportunities for me.

I was laid off due to based on my services not being needed for our client. I was turned down for various jobs due to my experience working with a specific client and not working for the corporate office itself. My severance experience was terrible. It took almost 2 months for me to get my severance, and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get it. I'm not disgruntled, but it was frustrating--I did work very hard for this company only for them to give me a hard time when I was the one being laid off...

Years of interesting and challenging work.

Technical Architect (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsVaried skills and workforce, bringing staff from all over the world with myriad different capabilities. Lots of opportunities without having to quit.

ConsWork and life balance is sometimes difficult given project dynamics and expectations to deliver. Accenture's pedigree is quite high, so need to maintain.

Best Place to Work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsAccenture gave me the best opportunities ever. I am very happy with the way they values their employees.

ConsNothing to say here as of now. But make sure that the management that you are working with is good. It can really go wrong if it is not good.

Excellent opportunities and long term value proposition

Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsWong with best in class people. Opportunities for training and growth. There is a large variety in work - easy to move to new role or client. Positive culture that focuses on people, diversity, and local community.

ConsLong work hours. Extremely competitive. Challenging clients.

Loved working in an IT organization that really understands IT

Level B (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat culture, great development, great experience. I very much enjoyed working for Accenture but did not like the client I was working for due to the way that they abused the relationship.

ConsVery demanding, very important to build and maintain a network of relationships throughout the organization in order to be successfull.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for re-entry opportunities for skilled formerAccenture employees.

Excellent Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Pros*Incredibly smart and driven people with a strong work ethic
    *Open Leadership that is approachable and willing to help where they can
    *Many resources available for training and development
    *Client work gives you the opportunity to get exposure and experience at many different companies
    *Transfer/relocation options if you want to move to a different City or State
    *Excellent Benefits/Health care

Cons*The hours can be long if you're on the Consulting side
    *Pay can slightly below market depending on your workforce
    *Taking PTO and using it all can be a challenge depending on your client obligations

Great Company to start your career

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsI started my Career with Accenture. It has very nice work culture.

ConsSometimes your worklife balance is bad especially wen you are sent Onsite and have to work with Offshore during late night.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!