Accenture

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent place to gain experience, competitive pay, many opportunities

Management Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompetitive pay, Huge firm--offices everywhere, huge knowledge capital, opportunities for training

ConsAccenture recently moved towards aligning all levels to industries, even at the Analyst level, you are forced to align to a function and industry. You may be promised short-term experiences across many different projects, but will find yourself working on projects long term (e.g. 9-15 months engagements).

Good company

Development Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLots of opportunities for growth and learning

ConsOffshore coordination can be tough at times

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Working for Accenture

Contracts Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat up to date technology and communications; get global work experiences

Constreated like a cog in a wheel, they talk about personalization but business built on finding people doing the same role for less. constant change in responsibilities and locations.

Advice to Senior Managementtake the time to know your people

Overworked, meaningless, and just horrible

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits are decent, vacation is 5 weeks, which is pretty decent, but you'll keep accruing it, because you'll be busy working. If you like traveling, that me a potential pro too.

ConsOh, boy, where do I start? Personnel retention is just bad, the way they rate performance and treat people is bad too. It is very hard to develop a specialty and become anything other than Jack of all trades (in a bad way), especially, for a young analyst. Depending on a project, hours can be brutal-expect 10-12 hour days and working on weekends. At an interview recruiter will try to make it exciting, but working at Accenture is anything but.. That's why so many people leave this company after just few years of working there. To sum it up- AVOID AT ALL COSTS, there are better IT companies out there to work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a Percenture metric set up to track how many employees joined and how long they stayed with the company, but have you ever think about why so many of them run from your "great" company after few short years, like rats from a sinking ship?

Great experiance

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat process. A perfect place for mastering the SDLC.

ConsThe ranking process is terrible. You can do excellent on you project, with your manager telling you that there is no room for improvement, but by the time ratings are done you can end up below average.

The company has a policy of not working any hours you don't book for, but as most people do it you hurt your chances of getting a promotion as you are up against people who on paper only seem to be working 40 hours, but in actuality are working over 60.

Hard work doesn't always pay off!

SAP SCM Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people and smart but makes it very competative, Accenture knows how to recruit.
Travel can be fun for some people who want to earn points and free vacations

ConsPay is not equal to market
Work-life balance is non-existent on a project
Performance rating is a joke, it is about who knows who
Constant feedback is not there, even when performing poorly
Management is not worried about the lower level workers that do the work, just the bottom line. The management put people in positions they are not suited for just save some money
Project communication is horrible and always in silos and not cross team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to remember what it was like when starting out and help as much as possible. Keep open, honest feedback throughout the performance year not just at rating time.

Senior System Analyst

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChallenging job, Lots of open roles, and lots of room to grow and move up.

ConsNo tuition reimbursement, lack of training support (Sponsored Training) - all web based if manager support and is willing to pay (Internal Portal), Pay is a little low, Very Passive Aggressive environment, No fun at all, Lots of hours in some portion of the company, unclear and unfair yearly ranking review system, and bonuses are low, and as corporate as you can get, and the work life balance they advertise isn't real to most portions of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Pay, Look at Google and Facebook in regards to company culture, and create a new yearly review system that doesn't rank people, and provide external training.

QA Interview

QA Lead (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsWith in a project wide range of training provided internal & External which help to grow as a professional

ConsComing out as a winner is a really challenging task given a size of team you have to fight it out to achieve your goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be more precise in their fedback

Love it...great company to work for with some great individuals. Many opportunities and avenues within the company...

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity for growth in different areas other than what you went to college for.

ConsIt can be very long hours. They stress work/life balance as all these companies do, but we're not there yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency

Major changes are needed by the company to retain quality employees.

Business Process Outsourcing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople are wonderful despite the leadership challenges

ConsLeadership is not concerned with what the preach is the greatest asset of the company....PEOPLE. Leadership does not model the vision they communicate which has led to many very talented individuals leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevenue is very important however, treat your people with the respect you demand by us for you. This goes with how we are compensated, useable tools to do the job for our clients, and real career growth opportunities.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 49 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.