Accenture

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

248 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's still all about who you know -- and how lucky you are.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAccenture invests in their employees - countless training opportunities, and you can even learn a lot while working with clients. Great client list, and large scale projects give you the opportunity to learn and experience a lot, and develop an impressive skillset. The people are smart and typically driven, and a pleasure to work with.

ConsIt's still about who you know -- you must learn how to "toot your own horn", and network. It's up to you to find your own mentors, and when you find a manager who will have your back and be in your corner, stick with them. Performance management sticks to a process that is not necessarily fair, nor does it reward those who really worked for it. Additionally, talent within the organization is not distributed properly - many great people have left because they were not being challenged properly, or because their skills weren't being tapped in to.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to recognize talent and allocate it better.

Great Company to gain exposure

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsExposure to different fields and training material for new analyst. It's worth mentioning that most Senior managers are easy to approach for any questions or concern you may have.

ConsWork-life balance is difficult to maintain because the life of the consultant is to deliver within a given time, which usually requires long hours.

Good place to learn mechanics of a global enterprise as well as the corporations it deals with.

Management Consulting Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsFlexibility in work style (i.e. sabbatical, work from home often).
    Good exposure to top corporations.
    Affable co-workers, maybe to a fault.
    Good place to start a career, able to leverage it to get other jobs / opportunities.

ConsTraining is overrated and not very challenging.
    Cheap travel budgets often, as well as lower compensation in general.
    Opportunities exist
    Intellectual capital, resources, assets, etc. hard to find, overrated or reinvention of the wheel.
    Bad corporate systems, process and technology wise.
    Top-heavy management, not real corporate culture, too much politics not enough opportunity for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less resources on vanity programs and more on recruiting and keeping talent people.
    Company needs focus and vision, not just trying to sell any work that's IT-related.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software engineer

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsIt is easy and not much pressure. Good for some one could not load a job after graduation.

ConsYou won't improve yourself in this company. Try to learn as much as you can on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very poor.

Management Consultant

Management Consulting Consultant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat people, good work life balance, ability to work on may different kinds of projects

ConsFocus on staff augmentation work, IT delivery, promotions are slower than industry, compensation

no career growth for senior managers

Technology Consulting Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Prospeople and work is interesting

Consno career growth, ranking negatively affects good performers

Advice to Senior Managementleadership close network-it's not what you know it's who you know

Amazing place to work

Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Florham Park, NJ

Pros-Learning experience is phenomenal. I learn something new every day. There are also tons of training courses available.

-Extremely smart co-workers. Everyone has great stories to tell about what they know.

-Good work/life balance. Sometimes we work long hours, but managers make sure we don't work on the weekends. Fridays we can work from home!

-Great corporate culture. I feel valued and the company really cares about each individual.

Cons-None. I've had a great ride so far and I can't wait for what is in store for me in the future!

Excellent training ground for the rest of your career

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat people, ongoing training programs, senior executive (C Level) exposure at early ages

ConsLong hours, constant travel, people without sales interests / skills can't get by on delivery skills alone, compensation is not what it used to be

Great company with strong vision

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsA true meritocracy
    Invests time and money in developing people
    Very driven firm

ConsWork life balance is not great
    Not the best place for an experienced hire as they are set in their ways of functioning

Poor Mid-Career Choice

Management Consulting Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWorks in many large companies so opportunity to gain exposure to multiple industries, flexible location, good salary

ConsAccenture doesn't do a very good job of assimilating mid-career professionals, particularly those out of graduate school. There are many "support" options for mid-career hires but not where you need it, which is on your project. Also, everyone at this company seems to be out for themselves. As soon as you feel like someone is looking out for you, you realize that they have ulterior motives that usually have to do with their promotion. It's very easy to get lost in a company of this size.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest with mid-career hires about the likelihood that they will be working in systems implementation and/or spend a long period of time unstaffed.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 248 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.